Official Betting Thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

westhamdave1

Re: Official Betting Thread

Post by westhamdave1 »

So my SIXTEEN team acca yesterday consisted of FIFTEEN winners and Rennes @ 4/11 (5th at home to 20th !!). Only had £1 @ 107/1 but that's not the point is it !!
djbubbles
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 115 likes

Post by djbubbles »

On paddypower (power prices)
Marko Arnautivic to score anytime, West Ham to win 1-0 2-1 or draw 1-1 and Mark Noble to receive a card. 33/1.
I think its worth a fiver or tenner
r99c
Has liked: 707 likes
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by r99c »

4.05 Ayr - Scottish National today and I've narrowed it down to THE YOUNG MASTER. Love this horse and he goes well on good ground. Shaped well at Cheltenham after a wind op and retains his class. Likes big fields and won at this exact time of the year before in the past. Relative to the other runners he's carrying a low weight, has a cracking chance at 16s.

Other fancies are:
2.00 Newbury - Danehill Kodiac
2.20 Ayr - Barney Dwan
2.55 Ayr - Chesterfield
Hemel Iron

Post by Hemel Iron »

r99c wrote:4.05 Ayr - Scottish National today and I've narrowed it down to THE YOUNG MASTER.
Fell at the first.
djbubbles

Post by djbubbles »

Rega Park Lady. Navan 3.15 on sunday. Back e/w. I got him at 20/1 @ pp
r99c

Post by r99c »

Hemel Iron wrote: Fell at the first.
What could have been, so irritating when your runners don't finish the race, same with Barney Dwan. Other than that I had a 2nd and a 3rd, miffed
Hemel Iron

Post by Hemel Iron »

r99c wrote: What could have been, so irritating when your runners don't finish the race, same with Barney Dwan. Other than that I had a 2nd and a 3rd, miffed
I feel your pain, I also had Barney Dwan and I had Sizing Tennessee in the Scottish National, which also fell quite early.
ThreeSixes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by ThreeSixes »

Hemel Iron wrote:
I feel your pain, I also had Barney Dwan and I had Sizing Tennessee in the Scottish National, which also fell quite early.
Sizing Tennessee didn't fall, it was beaten before half way, and pulled up.
Hemel Iron

Post by Hemel Iron »

ThreeSixes wrote:
Sizing Tennessee didn't fall, it was beaten before half way, and pulled up.
Oh, I didn't realise that. I just remember the commentator saying he was out of the race, just assumed he fell rather than pulled up. Cheers for the clarification.
r99c

Post by r99c »

2.50 Wincanton - Let's go Dutchess
3.10 Stratford - Young Phoenix
r99c

Post by r99c »

Punchestown kicks off tomorrow. Here are my day 1 picks with a bit of info:

4.20 Champion Novice Hurdle - Paloma Blue @ 4/1
Getabird is EVS favourite in this but has only raced in one grade 1 before, the Supreme, where he completely flopped. Now whilst his other races have been good and he bounced back in good fashion recently it was a grade 2 against fairly average opposition. I'm looking for horses who can handle big crowds and festival paces and that result in the Supreme makes me find it difficult to back him even if he had an off day.
This leaves me with the 2 joint second favourites - Mengli Khan who came a good third in the Supreme and Paloma Blue who was just behind him in 4th. I've opted for Paloma Blue as Mengli Khan's previous race was a 9L defeat to Getabird in a grade 2 race. Paloma Blue instead went to Leopardstown where he wasn't tooooooo far behind the beast Samcro in a grade 1. Paloma also has the genius Davy Russell on board which is an obvious plus, so I'm siding with Paloma Blue here.

4.55 Killashee Handicap Hurdle - High School Days EW @28/1
This race is well wide open and there are plenty of candidates but I will take a chance on High School Days. She has raced well out of her depth the last two times in graded races but is now back to her preferred 2 miles trip. Only 5 years old, not too exposed and has a cracking record in handicap company. Her jockey's last ride on this horse was a winning one - "went clear under hands and heels before last, very easily". Seems like a great shout considering the price.

5.30 Champion Chase - Un De Sceaux @ 6/1
Should be a cracking race with Douvan, Min and Un De Sceaux facing off. I just can't take Douvan seriously. It's been ages since he had any real competitive races, they were the last 2 Cheltenham Champion Chases where he fell and finished 7th beforehand and the few races before that were complete non-competitions. There's a real lack of recent race experience there which I'd worry about. Leaves me choosing between Min and Un de Sceaux. I really could flip a coin between these two so will side with UDS as he is 6/1 whereas Min is only 11/4.

6.40 Champion Novice Chase - Monalee @7/4
This could be a classic, Monalee, Al Boum Photo and Shattered Love all have great credentials. Preference goes to the favourite Monalee for his 2nd in the RSA and very narrowly beating Al Boum Photo (although this was over 2m5). I'm not as convinced of the other two's staying power as I am with Monalee. His second in the RSA was to Presenting Percy who is a supreme horse so takes nothing away from Monalee's chances.
djbubbles

Post by djbubbles »

Im going for a bit of an outside patent on Tuesday nights football.
Plymouth are away to Rochdale. Yes, Rochdale are fighting relegation and are in good form, but i fancy Plymouth away to boost their play off hopes.
My 2nd selection is Southend away to relegation threatened Oldham. Southend beat another relegation candidate at the weekend by 4.
My 3rd selection is Coventry at home to Lincoln.

€5 win patent.
Plymouth -1 at 10/1
Southend -1 at 9/1
Coventry -1 at 9/2
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

djbubbles wrote:Im going for a bit of an outside patent on Tuesday nights football.
Plymouth are away to Rochdale. Yes, Rochdale are fighting relegation and are in good form, but i fancy Plymouth away to boost their play off hopes.
My 2nd selection is Southend away to relegation threatened Oldham. Southend beat another relegation candidate at the weekend by 4.
My 3rd selection is Coventry at home to Lincoln.

€5 win patent.
Plymouth -1 at 10/1
Southend -1 at 9/1
Coventry -1 at 9/2
Southend are absolutely attrocious away from home! Avoid!
r99c

Post by r99c »

Well I was correct to avoid Getabird but should have just recommended laying it for even money. High School Days was nowhere in the big handicap but that's fair enough. Come on UDS!

Edit - truly sensational ride by UDS. Douvan threatened but never got close, UDS making all in superb fashion.
r99c

Post by r99c »

This is well worth a watch. 2nd from last fence drama with Monalee falling but then look at what happens just before the final fence. Al Boum Photo ridden by Paul Townend seemingly cruising up to win but then bizarrely looks over his shoulder before bypassing the final fence, taking out another horse in the process. Truly bizarre. Gonna be a big fine coming Townend's way

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

And that is why I lose more than I win :lol:
djbubbles

Post by djbubbles »

Southend 3-0 winners got me my money back and a bit more :scarfer:
r99c

Post by r99c »

Tomorrow I've gone for the following

4.55 Punchestown - Delta Work
5.30 Punchestown (Gold Cup) - Outlander EW. I'd narrowed it down to him EW as a chancer or Road to Respect but not keen on backing a 2/1 favourite in a race like this.

Also taking a chance on the unexposed Dash of Spice in the 3.55 at Epsom.
djbubbles

Post by djbubbles »

Local man here home from America to back his horse.
Dara Tango. Punch 3.40. Currently 18's.

Ive gone big e/w on Folsum Blue in Punch 6.05. Currently 17/2.
He was so so unlucky in the irish national. Back over hurdles but apparently is better treated over hurdles. Backing it cos i like the horse
r99c

Post by r99c »

Did anyone see the Stayers Hurdle?

Faugheen. The. Machine.

Truly sensational performance, went into a 5L lead early to make all. Penhill started to reel him in entering the straight and then a slight move by the jockey and Faugheen shot off like a bullet, winning by 13 lengths. Seriously one of the best performances I might've seen.

Typical I didn't tip him on here as I only backed him small, £5 win at 13/2, in case he could win and I do love racing comebacks. Obviously after work I stuck another £25 on him at SP and also £5 on a Faugheen/Penhill straight forecast :D