Official Betting Thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: Official Betting Thread

Post by S-H »

Senegal & Eygpt, double tonight.
ThreeSixes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by ThreeSixes »

somerset-hammer wrote:Senegal & Eygpt, double tonight.
African teams so far have played 4 times and have lost 4 times. European teams have played 13, and lost once (Germany). I think i'll pass!
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

3.05 Ascot

I think Idaho is a massive price at 11/2. The Stoute 4/7 fav has only won group 3s and Idaho loves good to firm going and won this last year.

Worth a few quid at that price imho.
westhamdave1

Post by westhamdave1 »

Please don't shoot the messenger BUT ....

15:50 Chelmsford

Pretty Bubbles

Currently 7/1
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2780 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

westhamdave1 wrote:Please don't shoot the messenger BUT ....

15:50 Chelmsford

Pretty Bubbles

Currently 7/1
I didn't even see it when the race was on but backed Morning Beauty in the 4.40 at Bath because it was also in claret and blue and it won!! :scarfer:
Balhamite
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Balhamite »

Not tips, but thought might be of interest:

WHU to win premiership: 500/1 (various)

WHU to win first 3 games: 150/1 (either Skybet or Coral, can't remember which)

WHU to finish higher than Chelsea this season: 16/1 (skybet).

I may have had a cheeky £5 on each of these.......
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by neathiron »

Horse called We've Got Payet racing at Uttoxeter tonight at 17-05, may interest punters who've backed Pretty Bubbles and Billy's Bond previously.
r99c
Has liked: 682 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by r99c »

neathiron wrote:Horse called We've Got Payet racing at Uttoxeter tonight at 17-05, may interest punters who've backed Pretty Bubbles and Billy's Bond previously.
Haha it won at 9/4, good spot :lol:
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by neathiron »

Horse called Tommy Taylor going in the 14-40 at York today, wonder is it worth having a punt seeing as We've Got Payet done the business yesterday?
r99c

Post by r99c »

Billy Bond just won the 17.05 Newcastle :lol:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Nice easy win double to start the PL season - Bournemouth and Chelsea. - a shade under 2/1. Struck me as generous.
Polaroid
Has liked: 612 likes
Total likes: 220 likes

Post by Polaroid »

Looking at our squad I think that we've got a at least a goal in us and at least one against. This marries with something I've done for the last two World Cups and Euro Champs (WC - good / EC - bad).

I've got thing for backing both sides to win a football match 2-1 with view to laying off (using Aunt Betty) sometime in play and sometimes just letting it ride.

Thought I'd have a crack at backing all our PL games for the seasons duration as a bit of an experiment and throw any profits (ha!) at the season end to a worthwhile cause, BMF/DT38 perhaps?

I may miss some games around Christmas time but i'm prepared to stick with the long game.

Technicalities :
£2 on each version of 2-1 involving our PL games.

Let it ride to the final whistle as much as possible although I find it difficult to let a satisfactory "locked in " profit pass me by. To this end I will post a screen grab* of the net financial result and bet/trade for each game.

I'll keep a running P&L throughout the season after each game. If we lose (by a large margin) it might take more than a day or two!

That's about it.

*I could do with a few image hosting suggestions that are ok (not clued up at all)
Polaroid
Has liked: 612 likes
Total likes: 220 likes

Post by Polaroid »

Ah, nearly forgot.

Liverpool to win 2-1 @ 11.0 (£20)
West Ham United to win 1-2 @ 49.14 (£96.28)

Got the pic, just can't get it here.
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

It's difficult to identify value this early in the season but a small treble for me today:

Man city win and over 3.5 goals
Bayern to win
Rangers -1

3 quid pays a shade under 30. I've left our game alone although I read a stat that every season has returned a profit if you bet level stakes on each match on a team that is 10-1 or greater. You can get 12-1 on us to win but the double chance (around 3.5/1 seems about right with the draw at 6/1).
chelmsfordhammer91

Man city let me down but trying something else for tonight.

Double of Chelmsford (vanarama south) and Value (Icelandic premier) both to score 1.5+ goals.

The double pays around 1.7/1.
r99c

Post by r99c »

chelmsfordhammer91 wrote:Man city let me down but trying something else for tonight.

Double of Chelmsford (vanarama south) and Value (Icelandic premier) both to score 1.5+ goals.

The double pays around 1.7/1.
Well done mate, already in, early doors.
chelmsfordhammer91

EFL cup tonight and a load of lower league games.

Banked £20 of last night's profit and put £9.48 on:

Leeds
Villa
Ashton v York over 2.5 goals
Maidstone v Orient over 2.5 goals

Pays £77.94.

I would advise wait for team news for the cup games but the odds on villa and Leeds look good and I imagine will shorten.

Good luck all
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

This season I will be doing my very best at sticking to 3 types of football bets and 3 types of bets only:

1. Betfair - dutching 2-1 / 1-2

(Dutching is when you put your stake across both scores so it gives an even return on either.
For example if your stake was £20, and the 2-1 scoreline is 6/1 and the 1-2 scoreline is 9/1 you'd put around £8 on the 1-2 and around £12 on the 2-1)
2-1 to either team on the above example would return approximately a £60 profit.
In this market, you are looking for high percentages of BTTS probability and over 2.5 goals, obviously. Also, a fairly high probability of a first half goal.
If the game goes to 1-1 by the hour mark, you will have a pretty decent cash in option to take and walk away.
You can also look to put a 'cover' (a protective bet) on another outcome to return your stake, so you may want to put £2-£3 on the 1-1 scoreline, or on under 1.5 goals, or on over 3.5 goals, which will give you some protection. If for example you put it on the 3.5 and it goes to 2-1 with say 10 mins left, you may as well cash in the scoreline for a good profit, then let hope for a late 4th goal to clean up on the 3.5 too.

2. Requestabet @ on or around Evens

My favourite market for this is the 'each team to have 1 or more corners each half and at least 1 card per team in the match' which you can get for usually around evens.
I like carefully choosing the matches and putting them as doubles.
Another one is 'each team to have at least 1 card and 3 corners'. Same, around evens.
These are usually best selected in some of the less likely matches, with lower ranked teams away from home.
(Both came in for our game v Liverpool, for example)

3. Shotgun accumulators.

Simply, get a long list of games, maybe 'All UK daily matches' or 'all top European league daily matches' so you have a long list of around 60-70 games in front of you.

- Copy the text 0.30
- Squint your eyes and absolutely randomly click anywhere from 4-15 matches down the list Home/Draw/Away
- In the bet slip, paste the 0.30 into the accumulator stake and press submit to place your 30p accumulator
- Repeat until you have used up your stake. I usually do it to around £15 so end up having around 50 accumulators going.
- One caveat is that if there is a real stand out match, such as a poor team away at Barca/Madrid/Man City/Bayern, then try your best to skip it

The reason for squinting your eyes, is to remove the temptation of manually taking out less likely odds, but it's these ones that you sometimes want to keep in and end up bumping the odds and surprising you.

Honestly, I have spent enough years and seen enough action to know that all best laid plans go out the window. Hours of research, systems and all that crap gets blown away by one team playing *****, or a dodgy penalty.
You may as well just go random and go fun. I've fairly regularly around £30-£40 before and seen returns anywhere from £7 to the highest of £450. I have been a goal away from £1750 and £2700 respectively.
My brother won £8k from a 30p bet before.
(As per the surprise odds, he'd found that he had selected someone like Vallodolid to be Madrid away and thought it was going to end up pointless, but they'd spanked Madrid 3-1 early on in the day!)

Chances? Slim.
Fun factor? Huge.
Your cash in screen (especially on William Hill) gives a good indication of how they are getting on.
djbubbles
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 112 likes

Post by djbubbles »

I do 2 quid trebles on result and both to score. Tough to get them but when they click they are really good. My main treble for tonight is,
Peterboro away to qpr @6/1
Lincoln away to Port Vale @ 9/2
Northampton away to Wycombe @13/2
So its €2 @ 287/1
djbubbles
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 112 likes

Post by djbubbles »

Bloody QPR :thdn: