Official Betting Thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

djbubbles
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 115 likes

Re: Official Betting Thread

Post by djbubbles »

Jumped like a stag and cruised throughout. Looks like he has great speed between jumps. Do you not think he'd be better at 2 furlongs shorter?
r99c
Has liked: 703 likes
Total likes: 396 likes

Post by r99c »

djbubbles wrote:Jumped like a stag and cruised throughout. Looks like he has great speed between jumps. Do you not think he'd be better at 2 furlongs shorter?
Got to remember this was his return to action after nearly 2 years off, and when he won the novice hurdle last time out, he beat the likes of Presenting Percy/Penhill/Monalee/Al Boum Photo, over 3 miles. Failure to quicken up at the end was probably more down to race fitness. The problem with 2m6f is the prestige of the races... he's shown he can handle 3 miles so surely has to go down the RSA/Gold Cup route all being well.

Wouldn't surprise me if they skip Cheltenham with him, but if not I'd be very disappointed in Gigginstown if they don't go RSA.
djbubbles

Post by djbubbles »

I backed him in Rsa at 14/1 e/w
r99c

Post by r99c »

djbubbles wrote:I backed him in Rsa at 14/1 e/w
https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; !!!!! :wink:

Put up two for tomorrow:

Kempton 1.00 - Not So Sleepy @ 4/1 - the two rivals in the market have average looking form IMO and this smart flat racer could have a big say on his hurdle debut - http://www.bettingkingdom.co.uk/betting ... epy/104741" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wolverhampton 6.25 - Pride's Gold @ 11/4 - looks to me to be pretty well weighted against the favourite and should prefer this distance, has good course form, has been running well recently and the win is due - http://www.bettingkingdom.co.uk/betting ... old/104742" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck if you play :scarfer:
r99c

Post by r99c »

Blah. Not so sleepy didn’t have the stamina and the other one’s rival managed to cope admirably with the longer trip.

Will be taking a break now as I have to shell out a fair bit of money on a cambelt replacement and other stuff so can’t risk it betting. Will be back in a few weeks!
djbubbles

Post by djbubbles »

Cheers r99c
Polaroid
Has liked: 620 likes
Total likes: 220 likes

Post by Polaroid »

Wolves v West Ham United
1 - 2 @ 16
2 - 1 @ 10
r99c

Post by r99c »

Diamond Pursuit is way too big at 33/1 in the 7.15 at Wolves. C&D winner off 10lb higher in the past, had a good run LTO. Get on
r99c

Post by r99c »

Have just had a lengthy look through the cards and have come to the following conclusions - all with their current best price as per oddschecker:

12.50 Leopardstown - Salsaretta 8/1 - cracking form and ran a phenomenal race as a season opener recently, 2nd has since won, should go well again - http://www.bettingkingdom.co.uk/betting ... tta/105129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

13.15 Sandown - Le Prezien 5/1 - well treated with form and mark he's on, runs well when fresh - http://www.bettingkingdom.co.uk/betting ... ien/105119" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

14.25 Sandown - Lostintranslation - 9/4 - question marks on the favourite's true ability - http://www.bettingkingdom.co.uk/betting ... ion/105125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

15.35 Sandown - Kayf Adventure EW - 18/1 - dangerous mark for a longer trip that he's been crying out for, good value - http://www.bettingkingdom.co.uk/betting ... -EW/105120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also fancy Supasundae in the race of the day, which is the Irish Champion Hurdle. Apple's Jade is the evens favourite but seems to prefer a longer trip these days. She's destroyed her opponents this season, but different class races and longer trips. I feel it's right to take her on. Melon doesn't appear to do well at Leopardstown so I'd feel more comfortable backing Supasundae who has won this race before and is a very good 2 miler.
r99c

Post by r99c »

Shocking day for me! Salsaretta fell at the 2nd hurdle so who knows how that one would've gone. Lostintranslation narrowly lost out in a grand battle with Defi du Seuil, though I was right to oppose the favourite. Kayf Adventure also looked to be going well before falling fairly late. :(

Oh well, we go again... only one for tomorrow, Road To Respect in the Irish Gold Cup. Expecting very good things from this one, he has an outstanding chance. 5/2. If you fancy a punt, put him in a straight forecast too with Monalee finishing 2nd.

Also, I like La Bague Au Roi's chances in the 2 and a half mile novice chase there. He's up against Delta Work - quite simply I think LBAR's form is better and I've read encouraging comments from decent people on twitter thinking that the shorter trip/track will suit our charge more so will be backing him too. Probably throw in a double with R2R too :scarfer:
r99c

Post by r99c »

Two juicy long shots for tomorrow. My analysis as follows...

MISU PETE appears to be outstanding EW value in the 3.00 at Chelmsford. Will appreciate the front runner’s track, on a dangerous mark after being unlucky LTO after a break and well drawn. 7lb claimer on board hopefully making use of her claim. Current bp 9/1

WAROFINDEPENDENCE might go well in the 6.25 Wolverhampton tomorrow. Acts well at this course, has excuses for LTO. Has won over c&d on a higher mark. Most recent good performance was 3rd over c&d, first and second have both won since. bp current 16/1
Balhamite
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Balhamite »

Nice one on Misu Pete!
r99c

Post by r99c »

Balhamite wrote:Nice one on Misu Pete!
Thanks - hope people managed to pick up the early 9/1 as he got gambled down to 4/1 SP... feels good after a series of near misses recently. Played a small EW double on my two selections so praying for the later one now, but unfortunately no money has come in for it... still who knows!
djbubbles

Post by djbubbles »

A little nibble on him. 16's into 14's
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1667 likes
Total likes: 517 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Andy decent bets for the game tonight against the scousers?
djbubbles

Post by djbubbles »

WHU Independent wrote:Andy decent bets for the game tonight against the scousers?
12/1 for us to win and both teams to score.
Noble to score anytime and West Ham to win at 35/1.
Ogbonna to score anytime and West Ham to win at 125/1.
All small stakes.
djbubbles

Post by djbubbles »

2 for tonight and 1 for tomorrow night.
Tranmere -1 at 16/5
Middlesboro -1 at 13/5
Barcelona -1 at 2/1
€3 pays 136

Also i have a couple of euro on Assombalonga to score a hatrick tonight at 70/1
r99c

Post by r99c »

Taking EMITOM to upset the current favourite for the Supreme (Angels Breath) in the 2.00 Huntingdon tomorrow, a listed novices' hurdle.

Emitom has absolutely coasted clear with little/no encouragement from the jockey in his last 2 runs. The latest contest wasn't as strong but the form from the previous one has been fran-ked, with the 2nd place that day coming 2nd in a grade 2. 2nd place that day was 5 lengths behind Emitom who coasted home! It was over 2m4 too.

This race is the same distance. Angels Breath has doubts on coping with this quicker ground IMO and quite simply I believe the odds should be closer. AB also has to concede 5lb to our selection. Finally, our horse's trainer has won this race twice and come second in the last 3 runnings.

My full write-up:

http://www.bettingkingdom.co.uk/betting ... tom/105466" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by r99c on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
r99c

Post by r99c »

also for tomorrow, BEAUTY SALON is good value in the 6.25 Chelmsford

The favourite is running in his third race in six days, the last 2 were in Newcastle! Long journey and really been hiked up in the weights = difficult. Our one is running well and is surely a potential improver. Full free write up - http://www.bettingkingdom.co.uk/betting ... lon/105478" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Finally for tomorrow, I'm backing BRIGADIER in the 7.25 Chelmsford. Debut against some average looking types for a trainer in hot form. He has 2 half brothers who are winners and a good pedigree. My write up - http://www.bettingkingdom.co.uk/betting ... ier/105489" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
r99c

Post by r99c »

NEWSFLASH
Off the back of three horses being hit by equine flu yesterday, the BHA have cancelled all UK racing today. :|
This has the potential to be very serious! Let’s hope and pray they’re happy enough with whatever they find today to get racing back on by Saturday at least. Really has the potential to cause chaos though.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/racing/2019/02 ... -outbreak/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;