Official Betting Thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

djbubbles
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 112 likes

Re: Official Betting Thread

Post by djbubbles »

Good going r99c. Faugheen was phenominal
r99c
Has liked: 682 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by r99c »

One main bet for me tomorrow, all about Samcro in the 5.30. Looks like a real machine. Min interests me at 16/1 - maybe put him in a reverse forecast if you're feeling optimistic but all about Samcro for me.
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 309 likes

Post by Centre Half »

r99c wrote:One main bet for me tomorrow, all about Samcro in the 5.30. Looks like a real machine. Min interests me at 16/1 - maybe put him in a reverse forecast if you're feeling optimistic but all about Samcro for me.
He'll probably win but evens for a horse that has never run out of novice company is too short imo
r99c

Post by r99c »

Excellent card at Sandown tomorrow headlined by the Celebration Chase. It will be a pleasure to watch ALTIOR win by the track but no bet in this race as he is massive odds-on. My attention is on the other races where I have gone for the following:

1.50- Act of Valour
2.25- Double Shuffle
4.05- Call Me Lord

I will also trixie these up^.

3.35- The Young Master
5.15- Wolf of Windlesham.

I will EW double these up. I will then stick all five in a Super Yankee.

On a side note, the bottom two horses made up 2 parts of a 4 leg yankee at this exact meeting in 2016 which paid me just over £8,000 off a £4 yankee (£44 total) bet. Wolf of Windlesham raced in the opener at 8/1, The Young Master closed the yankee out at 8/1 (by about a head) with Menorah and Sprinter Sacre sandwiched in the middle. Therefore I had to bet on those 2!

Wolf of Windlesham in particular has a great record here and his trainer has a superb record at Sandown. He also races off a slightly lower mark than that win here in 2016. He raced on the flat recently to get some fitness so is a great value tip at 14/1 when I looked earlier. The others are just fancies after reading the form etc.
r99c

Post by r99c »

Another I've just seen.

5.00 Punchestown - Fletchers Flyer @ 10/1.

Used to be all over this horse back in the day. He used to be better than he is now but has still won this race in the past off 8lb higher mark so has a great chance if he can recapture his old form.
r99c

Post by r99c »

Any racing tips for today anyone?
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

r99c wrote:Any racing tips for today anyone?
Not racing but Real Madrid are as good as 5/4 tonight. I missed them last week at Bayern when they won and were slightly better price than that.
r99c

Post by r99c »

Cheers for the tip. Anything at evs or more for Real to win seems like a banker!

Had a look at several cards today and the only one that really catches my eye is Salt whistle bay at 5/2 in the 3.45 Yarmouth.
Hemel Iron

Post by Hemel Iron »

r99c wrote:Cheers for the tip. Anything at evs or more for Real to win seems like a banker!

Had a look at several cards today and the only one that really catches my eye is Salt whistle bay at 5/2 in the 3.45 Yarmouth.
The good news is that it came in at 11/4.

The bad news, for me anyway, is that I only saw this tip 5 minutes ago, 30 minutes too late.
djbubbles

Post by djbubbles »

Doing a €5 patent tonight.

Real Madrid -1 @ 11/4
Walsall -1 @ 7/1
Plymouth -1 @ 9/1

Not tips but what i hope will make me a fortune
r99c

Post by r99c »

Three classics this weekend. The 2,000 Guineas on Saturday, 1,000 Guineas on Sunday and the Kentucky Derby sandwiched right in the middle on Saturday night.

Mendelssohn is current 4/1 joint favourite for the KY derby and looks like a beast with a tantalising 18l win in the UAE Derby recently. Hoping to become the first European trained horse to win this race, Ryan Moore is foregoing the 2000 Guineas so he can race in this. Aiden O Brien knows what he's doing and the SP won't be too bad because the market is dominated by American horses which the American punters will go for.

I like Wild Illusion at 13/2 in the 1,000 Guineas. Good form lines having beaten Magical and likes soft ground, Newmarket is a pretty testing track so could work.

I like Masar at 9/2 in the 2,000 Guineas. Bolted up in the Craven so has solid course form, and you can always trust Godolphin's number 1 horse.
Last edited by r99c on Sat May 05, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

Expert Eye for me well thought of, ran no race in Dewhurst but from racing post lame after race (op 8/15) Better race last time but something must have been a miss as he drifted badly in betting. PP paying extra place so playing EW .
Good Luck with your picks :thup:
r99c

Post by r99c »

Masar was ok, just ran into better. Mendelssohn got massively bumped at the start of the race in ultra-muddy conditions which effectively ended his race hardly before it began.

Off to Kempton on Monday for some racing, beer and sunburn. If any of the old school racing fans in this thread want to give some advice on what to back, I'd love to hear it (shame this thread seems to be dying!)
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

r99c, I know what you mean about the thread dying. I've not posted my fancies for football much recently because generally I haven't done very well with my predictions. That Real Madrid price I last, which was my last post, ended in a draw. The only tips I've done any good with for a while are the ones I haven't posted on here. :?
djbubbles

Post by djbubbles »

Hammer keep posting your tips for football, horse racing or two flies going up a wall. It dosent matter. I like longshots. Its the way i gamble. Small outlay for possible big returns. Its up to the reader to decide whether to follow or not.
r99c

Post by r99c »

Really like the look of Who's De Baby at 13/2 in the 2.40 Fakenham, decent value price too. Looks like an out and out summer jumps horse on form, is on a wickedly good mark when you take his claimer jockey into the equation and there's no real standout superb horses in the field. :scarfer:
djbubbles

Post by djbubbles »

r99c wrote:Really like the look of Who's De Baby at 13/2 in the 2.40 Fakenham, decent value price too. Looks like an out and out summer jumps horse on form, is on a wickedly good mark when you take his claimer jockey into the equation and there's no real standout superb horses in the field. :scarfer:
It ran well enough r99c. Just wssnt fluent enough jumping. The winner won impressively
djbubbles

Post by djbubbles »

Swansea -1 Aberdeen -1 and Motherwell -1.

€1 win patent pays €464
r99c

Post by r99c »

Chester May Festival starts tomorrow :scarfer: Some good midweek flat racing to look forward to!

I've gone for:

2.25 - Princess Yaiza [was very difficult deciding between this one and Award Winning... maybe a reverse forecast opportunity]
3.00 - Spoof
3.35 - Flag of Honour
4.35 - Last Page
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Chester is my Favourite meeting. Annoyed they've switched the Chester Cup from Wednesdays.