UFC

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Re: UFC

Post by S-H »

I just can't get behind Till, I don't know why.
bunk
Total likes: 351 likes

Post by bunk »

somerset-hammer wrote:I just can't get behind Till, I don't know why.
I quite like Till, he seems to be a pretty honest guy all in all. I find the whole American trash talking thing painful to hear, so when you have a Scouser talking straight, it's quite refreshing.

The last i read he was around 178 with i presume a day to go? That seems too much to lose in that time but i'm far from knowledgeable in weight cuttings. Woodley admittedly hasn't looked great so far either, sounds knackered every time he speaks too.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

8lb in a day is nothing under normal circumstances during a measured cut. He'll have drunk a load of water 2-3 days ago, to make the final cut a straightforward hydration cut. They both look pretty hanging, though. Must be horrendous to go through. Something combat sports really hasn't got a proper handle on, IMO, weight cutting, and there are no obvious solutions.
S-H

Post by S-H »

In all honesty he's an impressive fighter... I think it's just because he's a scouser!! :D

Hope he wins though, should be very good fight, will enjoy watching it while I eat my toast on Sunday morning.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Till made 170, title fight is on.

The doris who was going to lose to the kickboxer failed to make her limit, think she's gone to hospital for an IV.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Very much looking forward to this one.

Hope Till gets it done.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Aztec Hammer wrote:Very much looking forward to this one.

Hope Till gets it done.
I sort of want Till to win, because he’s quite good to watch. But he’s a scouse, so, y’know.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 112 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Well, a win for Woodley. Dropped Till in the second, beat him up and then choked him. All in a day’s work...
S-H

Post by S-H »

Woodley came out like a steam train, uneventful 1st round, completely dominant in the 2nd, deserved win.

Till offered nothing.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1993 likes
Total likes: 1670 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Andrade battered the shyte out of her opponent....

there were several knockouts.......tough sport..............Price got his head nearly knocked off.....
bunk

Post by bunk »

White Goodman wrote:What an absolute helmet. He doesn't deserve any further chances.

Oooh thanks for bearing with me fans, I know I haven't been easy to support this last few years .........yawn

So is Cormier reinstated as champ?
He gets away with it, again. You can just smell the corruption reaking from the UFC / USADA programme. Who cares about proven cheats having the ability to cause permineant damage to other fighters anyway.

:arry:
[youtube]<iframe width="885" height="498" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TKJYcS3ARwE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Jones is a c*nt.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Can't wait for this one!

bunk

Post by bunk »

somerset-hammer wrote:Can't wait for this one!
I caught the press conference and it was absolutely bizarre. McGregor, acting like he was up to his gills on booger sugar, an 18-year old who can't handle what he's taken or drunk. I get that there were no fans so delivery might seem a bit off but this was a total shambles at the highest level.

Khabib... didn't need to say much, I think how wanky McGregor was even surprised him. And there's Dana White, like the wierdo dad trying to pretend he's still cool amongst his kids friends. Just a trainwreck entirely. It's been said before but the UFC is definitely moving to WWE land and it's a disaster.

:phew:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Saw a few minutes of that shitfest. Excruciating.

Still, this has t be the most anticipated fight in years. I make Khabib the favourite, but this is one of the hardest fights to call in recent memory.

Also, Conor had at least one of those belts stripped. Dana is and always will be an utter tool.
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Can’t remember being more excited for a fight in some time.

I stand by my earlier comments, I think Conor will finish this fight early. It’s almost bizarre to say this because he’s a two weight champion with wins in three weight divisions but I think he’s the most underrated fighter in MMA. Simply because so many still say he’s a hype machine. He wins a fight and then they say he’ll lose once he goes up against a proper fighter. He demolishes the proper fighter and then it turns out they were never actually good and it’s the next guy who will prove he’s a fraud. Holloway, Poirier, Mendes, Aldo, Alvarez. Reasons were made for why he’d lose those fights and then excuses were made after he won. Khabib was supposed to be the one guy he’d never fight. If he beats him, I bet you’ll hear the exact same thing... Khabib can’t stand up, one trick pony, put Conor against a jiujitsu guy etc.

The reality is his resume looks better as time goes on and supposed layups like Holloway and Poirier enjoy great success of their own.

I have no problem with those that dislike Conor McGregor, the promotion selling personality. But it does boggle my mind when I hear those who claim to be genuine MMA fans saying he isn’t as good as he’s made out to be. I wonder what they’re actually watching.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Masterful analysis work from Dan Hardy here. Highly recommend this.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Mousasi vs Rory tonight, two fighters I very much rate. Also, Rampage vs Wanderlei. Time to hang it up, lads.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

I don't follow UFC closely but I think that Khabib looks a level above, he's an absolute monster. I don't like the circus act that comes with McGregor, but I have to say that he's a great businessman, he sells the fight more than anyone and builds his brand even more in the process.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Rampage knocked out Wanderlei :) Mousasi absolutely dominated Rory.
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Jumby wrote:I don't follow UFC closely but I think that Khabib looks a level above, he's an absolute monster. I don't like the circus act that comes with McGregor, but I have to say that he's a great businessman, he sells the fight more than anyone and builds his brand even more in the process.
Khabib is a monster in one aspect of MMA. Outside of that, he is poor. His stand up is *****, elementary is being kind. Understanding of striking distance sucks. Head down, bull rush, dive for the leg and bring the oppenent down to the mat. That’s his Plan A to Z. Thing is he is exceptional at that, nobody can compete with him on a grappling level. But if the fight stays on the feet, Conor will clean his clock. And I just have a feeling that Macs elite level striking and distance management will be too much for Khabib to overcome. And he’ll walk onto something. I want Conor to win, but I almost hope the fight is more interesting than ‘whichever guy gets his Plan A to work first, wins’.

Beautiful thing about MMA is that there are so many ways to lose/win. Can’t wait for this!