UFC

The forum to discuss all sports news not related to THE beautiful game.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: UFC

Postby bunk on Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:48 pm

I always wanted Robbie Lawler to fight McGregor if he planned to fight at 170 again, the guy is terrifying in the Octagon. Rumours of him having a rematch with Nick Diaz, which would be superb but ultimately unlikely.

Image
User avatar
bunk
 
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:27 am

Re: UFC

Postby durham city hammer on Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:43 pm

Just watched a clip of Bisping agreeing to face Woodley at a catch weight of 180 ! Whether the UFC actually sanctions this fight is another matter but they both shook on it,, what the f*** is going on with Bispings accent ?? he sounds like a proper helmet, your British FFS !!
durham city hammer
 
Posts: 2155
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:02 pm

Re: UFC

Postby Jumby on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:54 pm

Aztec Hammer wrote:Rousey probably would have only had another fight or two in her anyway.


That seems to be what many thought, makes a mockery of 'Ultimate Fighting Championship' though, when one of the biggest names becomes a flake
User avatar
Jumby
 
Posts: 8872
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:53 pm
Location: Sparring with Michail Antonio

Re: UFC

Postby Aztec Hammer on Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:28 pm

Thankfully, she was the anomaly. Because Dana clearly has a suspect relationship with her. We won't have to put up with her anymore.

There's some insane fights to be made from 135 right through to 185.
User avatar
Aztec Hammer
 
Posts: 5300
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:44 pm

Re: UFC

Postby Aztec Hammer on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Woodley/Wonderboy 2 at UFC 209. Ferguson/Khabib could be confirmed soon as the co-main.

Very solid.
User avatar
Aztec Hammer
 
Posts: 5300
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:44 pm

Re: UFC

Postby bunk on Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:46 pm

Aztec Hammer wrote:Woodley/Wonderboy 2 at UFC 209. Ferguson/Khabib could be confirmed soon as the co-main.

Very solid.

Just rewatched the Woodley / Wonderboy fight and a rematch is only fair, though how Thompson survived Round 4 let alone ending it dropping fists on Woodley I'll never know.
User avatar
bunk
 
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:27 am

Re: UFC

Postby nickkarkie on Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:50 am

The British UFC fighter Terry Etim apparently tried a Clarke Carlisle suicide attempt jumping in front of cars and buses in Liverpool.
nickkarkie
 
Posts: 5862
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: UFC

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:27 am

nickkarkie wrote:The British UFC fighter Terry Etim apparently tried a Clarke Carlisle suicide attempt jumping in front of cars and buses in Liverpool.


Sad news, that. Wonder if he was permanently affected when he ate that wheel kick. Hope he finds the help he needs.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 3947
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm

Re: UFC

Postby nickkarkie on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:31 pm

Was really looking forward to the Nurmagomedov v Ferguson fight but the Russian has pulled out as he hospitalised himself cutting weight even though he was still 6lbs out.
nickkarkie
 
Posts: 5862
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: UFC

Postby SxHammer on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:37 pm

nickkarkie wrote:Was really looking forward to the Nurmagomedov v Ferguson fight but the Russian has pulled out as he hospitalised himself cutting weight even though he was still 6lbs out.


Really disappointing.
User avatar
SxHammer
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:10 pm
Location: Essex

Re: UFC

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:15 pm

nickkarkie wrote:Was really looking forward to the Nurmagomedov v Ferguson fight but the Russian has pulled out as he hospitalised himself cutting weight even though he was still 6lbs out.


Highly annoying - had all the ingredients of a classic, that one.

Never mind, Bisping to fight GSP soon. Dana does like his freak fights, eh.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 3947
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm

Re: UFC

Postby nickkarkie on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:25 pm

nickkarkie
 
Posts: 5862
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: UFC

Postby DasNutNock on Fri May 19, 2017 1:20 pm

Rory MacDonald vs Paul Daley in Bellator this weekend. I quite like what Bellator's been doing in building their brand & fighter stable. UFC remains the top dog, but the fighters are getting a pretty piss poor deal and a lot of their bigger names are liable to jump ship if Bellator keeps offering them better packages.

MacDonald's got more ways to win this than Daley, of course, but despite their ages, they're both high mileage fighters, and it really could go either way. Daley needs to get his timing just right, and hope that Rory will stand with him, but seems far more likely that this hits the mat, and MacDonald gets the sub or TKO.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 3947
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm

Re: UFC

Postby nickkarkie on Fri May 19, 2017 11:30 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Rory MacDonald vs Paul Daley in Bellator this weekend. I quite like what Bellator's been doing in building their brand & fighter stable. UFC remains the top dog, but the fighters are getting a pretty piss poor deal and a lot of their bigger names are liable to jump ship if Bellator keeps offering them better packages.

MacDonald's got more ways to win this than Daley, of course, but despite their ages, they're both high mileage fighters, and it really could go either way. Daley needs to get his timing just right, and hope that Rory will stand with him, but seems far more likely that this hits the mat, and MacDonald gets the sub or TKO.


You called it Dan, Rory 2nd round submission. Daley then went to attack Venom after the fight haha
nickkarkie
 
Posts: 5862
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: UFC

Postby DasNutNock on Sat May 20, 2017 8:09 am

Fell asleep during the Kongo fight. What a ****ing awful snooze fest that was.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 3947
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm

Re: UFC

Postby bunk on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:09 pm

UFC 214 this weekend could be great. Main card:

Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones
Tyron Woodley vs. Demian Maia
Cris Cyborg vs. Tonya Evinger
Robbie Lawler vs. Donald Cerrone
Jimi Manuwa vs. Volkan Oezdemir
User avatar
bunk
 
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:27 am

Re: UFC

Postby DasNutNock on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:09 pm

bunk wrote:UFC 214 this weekend could be great. Main card:

Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones
Tyron Woodley vs. Demian Maia
Cris Cyborg vs. Tonya Evinger
Robbie Lawler vs. Donald Cerrone
Jimi Manuwa vs. Volkan Oezdemir


Some potential fireworks there. Jones ought to win, but I'd prefer if DC did because he isn't a drugs cheat. Woodley is a great fighter, but whines a lot and has a victim mentality, plus Maia is the absolute sh*t, so I hope he pulls Tyron's arm off. Cyborg will win, thus confirming that drugs use is a good idea. Lawyer vs Cerrone ought to be spectacular and Lawler will be too big for Cowboy. Manuwa always a crapshoot, and I'm betting against him here.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 3947
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm

Re: UFC

Postby bunk on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:55 am

DasNutNock wrote:Some potential fireworks there. Jones ought to win, but I'd prefer if DC did because he isn't a drugs cheat. Woodley is a great fighter, but whines a lot and has a victim mentality, plus Maia is the absolute sh*t, so I hope he pulls Tyron's arm off. Cyborg will win, thus confirming that drugs use is a good idea. Lawyer vs Cerrone ought to be spectacular and Lawler will be too big for Cowboy. Manuwa always a crapshoot, and I'm betting against him here.

Agree with pretty much all that. Jones is an absolute bell-end who I'd love to see lose, I just don't think it'll happen. Woodley is exciting when he starts throwing fists but his personality is rubbish, if Maia can take him to the floor then who knows.

I think Lawler could hurt Cowboy quite badly, when you consider how badly he hurt Rory McDonald (admittedly Lawler taking a battering himself in the process), who in turn barely had to make much effort in seeing off Nate Diaz - who beat Cerrone. It's a different league really. But Lawler hasn't fought for a while so you never really know.
User avatar
bunk
 
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:27 am

Re: UFC

Postby NottingHammer6 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:49 pm

Will this be PPV or BT sport?
User avatar
NottingHammer6
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:52 am

Re: UFC

Postby somerset-hammer on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:15 am

bunk wrote:UFC 214 this weekend could be great. Main card:

Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones
Tyron Woodley vs. Demian Maia
Cris Cyborg vs. Tonya Evinger
Robbie Lawler vs. Donald Cerrone
Jimi Manuwa vs. Volkan Oezdemir



What a line up!

Can't wait.

Jon Jones: 'I'll deal with Brock Lesnar' after UFC 214 rematch with Daniel Cormier


Despite How you feel about both men, what a fight that would be.
User avatar
somerset-hammer
 
Posts: 3587
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

PreviousNext

Return to The Sports Bar

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests