UFC

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DasNutNock

Re: UFC

Post by DasNutNock »

Patito wrote:Fair play to Khabib, he went for a group of people on his own. His team, however, attacking someone from behind like that after he's just gone 4 rounds, cowardly. Sicknote is right though, people need to learn that you can't go around saying whatever you like and face no consequences.
Actually, it looks like the real sequence of events isn't so clear:

1) Ref sees Conor submit, and separates the fighters. Bit of verbal afters from Khabib.
2) Khabib sees Danis in the crowd, they exchange verbals, Khabib climbs the cage and launches himself towards him. What isn't obvious here is that Khabib's team (including his brother) is now entering the cage.
3) Both Conor and Khabib's brother now climb the cage. Conor strikes Khabib's brother in the face.
4) Khabib's brother and Conor square up, Conor hits him again. Another member of Khabib's team (in the red shirt) rushes the cage, and hits Conor in the back of the head.

No-one comes out of this well, but Conor is just as guilty of throwing first punches against Khabib's brother as Khabib is guilty of attacking Danis.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9652 likes

Post by S-H »

DasNutNock wrote:
No-one comes out of this well, but Conor is just as guilty of throwing first punches against Khabib's brother as Khabib is guilty of attacking Danis.
When Khabib is punished, it'll be intersting to see if Conor faces any disciplinary action. With Dana White's tongue firmly up his asshole though, I won't bet on it.
Patito

Post by Patito »

DasNutNock wrote: No-one comes out of this well, but Conor is just as guilty of throwing first punches against Khabib's brother as Khabib is guilty of attacking Danis.
For sure. Conor is guilty of dragging race, religion and all sorts into it as well. Zubaira Tukhugov and Islam Makhachev though have attacked the guy from behind, which is cowardly. I understand everyone wants to back their team/family but go toe-to-toe with the guy don't throw punches at the back of his head.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

All very unedifying, and despite what Dana might be saying in public, privately he'll be delighted by the publicity.
Patito

Post by Patito »

I thought that throughout some of the interviews he's given. Tried to come across as sad and disgusted but secretly he loved it.
bunk
Total likes: 350 likes

Post by bunk »

somerset-hammer wrote:When Khabib is punished, it'll be intersting to see if Conor faces any disciplinary action. With Dana White's tongue firmly up his asshole though, I won't bet on it.
Given that McGregor's already been paid, whilst Khabibs money has been held by the athletic commission, you can probably see where this is going.

Khabib no doubt needs to face disciplinary sanctions; you can't go about diving feet first into the crowds and causing a right old rumpus. But he'll certainly get a more severe than McGregor ever would, because he's not Dana's golden boy.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Khabib's dad is also going to slaughter him for this. Before you scoff, parental respect is something taken very seriously by Dagestani Avars. His dad is a mean old hombre, and I wouldn't want to be in Khabib's shoes next time he heads off to training.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Khabib himself, said in the post fight presser, that his dad will "smash him"
S-H

Post by S-H »

The attention this has bought on to the UFC whether it's negative or not, will be the exact reason White will sanction a rematch.

As mentioned above, Tony Ferguson Vs Khabib, buy rights should be THE fight of the division, Sadly Dana will be ****ing himself silly at the prospect of a rematch, assuming Khabib doesn't have his green card revoked.

Shout out to that nut Bisping though, dude is crazy, his post fight rant cracked me up, referencing Homer Simpson constantly hitting his head, as an argument as to why no fighter would purposely take head shots. Love Mike.

Patito

Post by Patito »

[youtube]<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FYujZlX22Rc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Slacking student »

Iconic image
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Appears "The Eagle" was a very fitting nickname.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Videos going around online show some Irish fans taking a beating themselves after the fight finished. One video I saw a fan taunts and spits at somebody before getting sparked out unconscious.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3680 likes
Total likes: 2385 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:didn't even look like a full choke to me...
It wasn't but I think in the context of that situation your swede (and bumhole) might be telling you "this **** could snap something here...b*llocks to this".
westhamgardner
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by westhamgardner »

Nesticles wrote:Videos going around online show some Irish fans taking a beating themselves after the fight finished. One video I saw a fan taunts and spits at somebody before getting sparked out unconscious.
That video really tickled me, especially considering how many Irish there were surrounding about 10 Khabib fans and they still ended up worse off
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2480 likes
Total likes: 2710 likes

Post by sendô »

I thought it was a cracking encore. Jump out of the octagon and start rumbling with your opponent's team. Finally, something exciting to see in UFC rather than two blokes on the floor having a manly cuddle. :thup:
WCpete
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3174 likes

Post by WCpete »

re: the choke hold, apparently the move is called a neck crank, and it doesn't matter where on the throat or head it gets used.

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QO0guYS4NVc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

It’s not a crank (chin/head would have been torqued to one side).
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

The video they were referencing

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Ha, Dean Lister. Great BJJ. But they were demonstrating a windpipe choke, where the forearm is pulled into the Adam’s apple, under the chin. Khabib did a rear naked choke with the elbow over the chin. There’s no real name for it because it’s not a move that anyone teaches or trains. Conor was looking for an out.