darts

The forum to discuss all sports news not related to THE beautiful game.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: darts

Postby SoulCircus on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:28 am

Sad that the match was overshadowed by the ridiculous booing of MVG. There are some utter mugs at PDC events nowadays.
User avatar
SoulCircus
 
Posts: 2568
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Drunk and exhausted. Critically acclaimed and respected.

Re: darts

Postby steps on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:17 am

Yes agree with that. Whilst I don’t particually like MvG, the booing was a bit much, but it did seem to put him off. :D

Sadly, Phil Taylor who’ll probably win it now is an even bigger arrogant tit.

Enjoyed the Bobby Moore chants though. Kudos to whoever got them going.
User avatar
steps
 
Posts: 2026
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:18 am

Re: darts

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:13 am

SoulCircus wrote:This Van Gerwen vs Cross match is utterly compelling. What a player Cross is turning out to be.

Possibly the best match the Ally Pally has ever seen.

Really fancy Rob Cross to beat Taylor if he doesn't let the occasion and the man get the better of him mentally.
User avatar
westham,eggyandchips
 
Posts: 13415
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Taking a walk with Anita Fifa...

Re: darts

Postby Rio on Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:26 am

Excellent match. I hope Cross can do it to Taylor, but it’s all sep up for a fairytale swan song for Phil.

As for the crowds, Barry Hearn has created a money making monster and doesn’t care about order or respect. I’ve said it before, how many people in the crowd are genuinely watching? It’s a matter of how much cheap lager you can get down your neck, while dressed as a banana and singing generic football songs.

I used to love going to the Tavern to watch the World Championships. I couldn’t care less about going now or wouldn’t really want to
User avatar
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
 
Posts: 23694
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:29 pm
Location: Reykjavik comma Iceland full stop

Re: darts

Postby WHU Independent on Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:11 pm

MVG V's Cross: One of the best games I have ever seen. I am not a massive darts fan but it was compelling view. Cross is a machine.
User avatar
WHU Independent
 
Posts: 3984
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:35 pm

Re: darts

Postby jastons on Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:37 pm

Cross wasn't phased by the occasion at all against MVG so I really hope he can keep his composure and play his own game tonight.

I hate Phil Taylor. He is a terrible loser but an even worse winner. I'm looking forward to watching the pdc without the Taylor Sky Sports love in after tonight. If they ever give him a job I don't think I will ever watch it again.

I've tried watching the BDO on the BBC but it just isn't the same.
User avatar
jastons
 
Posts: 4718
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 7:23 am
Location: Here

Re: darts

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:43 pm

jastons wrote:
I hate Phil Taylor. He is a terrible loser but an even worse winner. I'm looking forward to watching the pdc without the Taylor Sky Sports love in after tonight. If they ever give him a job I don't think I will ever watch it again.


"If"

More like when. Taylor invested some of his own money into getting the PDC off the ground. I agree, with what you said about him though. Complete knob of a bloke.

jastons wrote:I've tried watching the BDO on the BBC but it just isn't the same.


Moved to CH4 now I think.
User avatar
westham,eggyandchips
 
Posts: 13415
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Taking a walk with Anita Fifa...

Re: darts

Postby Rio on Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:46 pm

jastons wrote:Cross wasn't phased by the occasion at all against MVG so I really hope he can keep his composure and play his own game tonight.

I hate Phil Taylor. He is a terrible loser but an even worse winner. I'm looking forward to watching the pdc without the Taylor Sky Sports love in after tonight. If they ever give him a job I don't think I will ever watch it again.

I've tried watching the BDO on the BBC but it just isn't the same.


Absolutely agree about Taylor. No doubting he’s the greatest player ever, but what an absolute knob. And he’s got progressively worse year on year with his attitude. From the name dropping and celeb friend antics of a few years back, to this continual gurning, playing up to the VIP section in between breaks, smug grins etc. Plus in interviews he’s become a pretty loathsome figure.

BDO is pub darts. With Tony Green’s blinkered ignoring of the PDC summing up the second rate nature of it.
User avatar
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
 
Posts: 23694
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:29 pm
Location: Reykjavik comma Iceland full stop

Re: darts

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:56 pm

Rio wrote:Excellent match. I hope Cross can do it to Taylor, but it’s all sep up for a fairytale swan song for Phil.

As for the crowds, Barry Hearn has created a money making monster and doesn’t care about order or respect. I’ve said it before, how many people in the crowd are genuinely watching? It’s a matter of how much cheap lager you can get down your neck, while dressed as a banana and singing generic football songs.

I used to love going to the Tavern to watch the World Championships. I couldn’t care less about going now or wouldn’t really want to


This. Wouldn't even go if had a free ticket due to the crowd

Circus Tavern was superb, and the Lakeside an even better venue IMHO. Shame the darts there has been so poor for a decade

Phil Taylor is my most hated current sports person. I won't watch it tonight as I know how nauseating it will be, and there is no way he won't win IMHO. I really cannot bear to see him celebrate
Crouchend_Hammer
 
Posts: 10030
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:31 am
Location: Forest Gate

Re: darts

Postby steps on Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:48 pm

Cross looks the business so far. :thup:
User avatar
steps
 
Posts: 2026
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:18 am

Re: darts

Postby jastons on Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:58 pm

This match couldn't have gone any better so far
User avatar
jastons
 
Posts: 4718
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 7:23 am
Location: Here

Re: darts

Postby aaronhammer on Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:43 pm

6-1! Cross has been fantastic.
User avatar
aaronhammer
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:34 pm
Location: The Kitman

Re: darts

Postby preston on Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:52 pm

Just when I thought Taylor couldn't get worse. Totally disrespectful! He can't help himself. Just hope Cross can get this last set.
User avatar
preston
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:27 pm

Re: darts

Postby preston on Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:59 pm

Get in!
User avatar
preston
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:27 pm

Re: darts

Postby jastons on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:01 pm

Yes! Rob Cross made that look so, so easy . Brilliant.
User avatar
jastons
 
Posts: 4718
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 7:23 am
Location: Here

Re: darts

Postby steps on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:01 pm

What a hammering!

Cross was relentless.

I never saw that on the cards tbf.
User avatar
steps
 
Posts: 2026
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:18 am

Re: darts

Postby SoulCircus on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:06 pm

Cross has made me a few quid tonight, what a performance.
User avatar
SoulCircus
 
Posts: 2568
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Drunk and exhausted. Critically acclaimed and respected.

Re: darts

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:38 pm

Tremendous stuff. He has been in very good form this season so expected him to make the QFs and possibly semis, but never thought he had that much quality in his locker.

Cross v MVG is the sort of 'youthful' rivalry the PDC have craved
Crouchend_Hammer
 
Posts: 10030
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:31 am
Location: Forest Gate

Re: darts

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:44 pm

Wow..... that was a bit special.

To think Taylor was averaging 102 :shock:

A genuine rival for MVG for the upcoming season.
User avatar
westham,eggyandchips
 
Posts: 13415
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Taking a walk with Anita Fifa...

Re: darts

Postby SpongeBob's Pants on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:30 am

Right time for Taylor to go, for sure. He can't keep up with the kids anymore. Having said that, he doesnt need to either; nothing to prove to anyone.

He is a strange man though. Comes across a bit socially awkward in interviews, etc.
User avatar
SpongeBob's Pants
 
Posts: 2314
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:52 am
Location: 2nd galaxy along from the Milky Way...

PreviousNext

Return to The Sports Bar

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest