The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

The forum to discuss all sports news not related to THE beautiful game.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby Tenbury on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:03 pm

There's a couple of big calls for Jones to make, at 2 , and also for me, in the back row. Not sure about the backs..
Any thoughts??
User avatar
Tenbury
 
Posts: 2556
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:28 pm
Location: Too near Kidderminster

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby jacko on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:31 pm

I can't see him making any changes. Maybe bringing JJ back.

What do you reckon? When do they name the side?
User avatar
jacko
 
Posts: 8977
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:52 am

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby DasNutNock on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:15 pm

Hartley & Care will start, as will JJ, I suspect. Back row won't change, and I think they'll probably target Robshaw.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby Tenbury on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:34 pm

I'm more confident of Robshaw standing up to the targeting than I am of Hartley.
George for me ,every game,every start,that team doesn't need a strong figure as captain, it's got them all over the pitch.
What about getting Watson in at regular full back before the end of this 6nations?
User avatar
Tenbury
 
Posts: 2556
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:28 pm
Location: Too near Kidderminster

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby dave_l on Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:28 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Hartley & Care will start, as will JJ, I suspect. Back row won't change, and I think they'll probably target Robshaw.


Agree on the selections but what makes you think they'll target Robshaw and in what way?
User avatar
dave_l
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 2:38 pm
Location: Bromley

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby jacko on Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:37 pm

There's no way he's going to drop Hartley. I actually don't think we should either. He is a good captain but I would like to see us stop giving away so many needless penalties.

We have some very good players that all going under the radar at the moment: May, JJ, etc, I think if we play well there are no teams that can match us in the 6N. But it's just if we play well. Ireland did a proper job on us last year. Strangled the game and we couldn't respond. But I still think we have the better side.

I don't see what Jones sees in Mike Brown. I think they all seem to love his temprament.
User avatar
jacko
 
Posts: 8977
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:52 am

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby dave_l on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:26 pm

jacko wrote:There's no way he's going to drop Hartley. I actually don't think we should either. He is a good captain but I would like to see us stop giving away so many needless penalties.

We have some very good players that all going under the radar at the moment: May, JJ, etc, I think if we play well there are no teams that can match us in the 6N. But it's just if we play well. Ireland did a proper job on us last year. Strangled the game and we couldn't respond. But I still think we have the better side.

I don't see what Jones sees in Mike Brown. I think they all seem to love his temprament.


I'd like to see someone come through and properly stake a claim for full back but Daly isn't fit, I actually think it wastes Watson playing him there and Goode had about 15 caps a few years ago and proved he was a quality club player that just seemed to lack the attributes to be an international Full back IMO. Nowell could probably do it longer term.
User avatar
dave_l
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 2:38 pm
Location: Bromley

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby DasNutNock on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:56 pm

dave_l wrote:Agree on the selections but what makes you think they'll target Robshaw and in what way?


I don’t see him as a natural 7 and think he’s better at 6. I don’t think Lawes is that hot at 6 either, though both have a decent work rate. Robson’s not quick enough and they’ll target him for turnovers.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby dave_l on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 am

Agreed he’s definitely not a natural 7 and far better at 6. There’s not that many natural 7s around full stop to be honest. We’ll concede turnovers if we go running in blindly without support and I think part of the problem is that Lawes isn’t a natural flanker at ruck time. He’s not awful at it by any means but we’ll have to keep an eye on Navidi or he could be a nuisance.
User avatar
dave_l
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 2:38 pm
Location: Bromley

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby GPP on Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:06 pm

Just wanted to say, I was in Rome for the England game and it was a ****ing fantastic experience :raver:
GPP
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:55 am

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby DasNutNock on Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:31 pm

dave_l wrote:Agreed he’s definitely not a natural 7 and far better at 6. There’s not that many natural 7s around full stop to be honest. We’ll concede turnovers if we go running in blindly without support and I think part of the problem is that Lawes isn’t a natural flanker at ruck time. He’s not awful at it by any means but we’ll have to keep an eye on Navidi or he could be a nuisance.


I think Simmonds at 7 with Billy or Nathan at 8 is probably the future, injuries permitting.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby dave_l on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:05 pm

Yep, that certainly has a nice balance to it.
User avatar
dave_l
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 2:38 pm
Location: Bromley

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby Patito on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:14 am

May to grab the first try and England to win by 10 today.
User avatar
Patito
 
Posts: 6034
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:51 pm
Location: Irons

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:09 pm

Patito wrote:May to grab the first try and England to win by 10 today.


Looking good so far
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:12 pm

WTF? Clear try there. What was the TMO thinking? Very harsh on the taffs.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby Slacking student on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:15 pm

Oh dear, it's such a shame that it happened to Wales as well
User avatar
Slacking student
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Slacking student wrote:Oh dear, it's such a shame that it happened to Wales as well


Id rather we won by being better than being luckier.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby Slacking student on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:23 pm

I can't decide if I want to win by being better or by a controversial way that sends them all into a ***** frenzy

I still enjoy the fury they get at the Warburton sending off. Alain Roland is still a hero of mine for that
User avatar
Slacking student
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:27 pm

After that pagga, I’d now be happy if we won by bribing the officials.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Postby Slacking student on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLpptT_nCp0

Two minutes that warm the cockles of my heart
User avatar
Slacking student
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 5:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Sports Bar

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Slacking student, Tenbury and 1 guest