Formula 1 2016 Thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Re: Formula 1 2016 Thread

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Watching second practice for the Spanish GP, and I think I've found a commentator who's even more boring than Michael Owen in Karun Chandhok.

He has the uncanny ability to state the bleeding obvious and tell us what we can see for ourselves, all delivered in a dull, expressionless monotone.
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

F1 :asleep:
wolf359
Has liked: 1591 likes
Total likes: 1740 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Rosberg does Hamilton on the start (again) , Lewis was so good yesterday.

Add

Hamilton and Rosberg taken each other out on first lap.

Seems like a racing incident, Rosberg seemed to move across and maybe he shouldn't have though.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 873 likes
Total likes: 849 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

oops, not what Mercedes wanted.

Lauda already blaming Lewis? Seems he has planted his flag in Rosberg's corner this season then.
Maybe a bit early to point finger, it was robust driving from both drivers tbf with Rosberg (unusually) showing he has a pair but it did seem he may have pushed Hamilton over to the grass a bit but fine lines and all that. I would say 55% Rosberg's fault, 45% Hamilton.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in their team briefing!!
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

A great race, it is not a shock, you have cars that are more equally matched and the excitement goes up.
Bernie talks ***** but he is right on this one.

Vettels moaning every time someone dares to try to over take him is getting old now :thdn:

Ricciardo was unlucky again with the late puncture.

Great effort from the 18 year old, nerves of steel and will only get better.
mjustincredible
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by mjustincredible »

Should let the Mercedes take each other out every race, makes the whole thing much more entertaining!

Great Race :thup: 18 year old Max Verstappen WINS - amazing, this kids the next Schumacher!
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Hamilton reverting to type again.. if I he cant beat someone with ability just drive into them
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

mumbles87 wrote:Hamilton reverting to type again.. if I he cant beat someone with ability just drive into them
Like time wasting when you're three nil down though
Johnny Byrne's Boots

I'm going to point the finger at Rosberg for this one.

Squeezing another driver off the track is against the rules, there's no way he left a car's width which he had to do because Hamilton's front was level with Rosberg's rear tyre. Rosberg was clearly trying to block Hamilton as he was way off the racing line and had no other reason to be on that side of the track.

Replays showed Rosberg had a small problem with what passes for KERS these days and slowed noticeably out of turn three which gave Hamilton the chance to attack, Rosberg just punted him off the track.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

mumbles87 wrote:Hamilton reverting to type again.. if I he cant beat someone with ability just drive into them
Can't see this view point, if anyone was to blame it was Rosberg.
Chicken Run Supreme

White Goodman wrote: Like time wasting when you're three nil down though
Indeed. Was not in Hamilton's interest to simply take him out and tbf, I wouldn't say he has previous for it.
They were both going for it today but by the slightest of margins it was more Rosberg's fault than Hamilton despite what Lauda said straight after the incident.
Rosberg will win his first title this season though without a doubt. Lewis simply has too much to catch up already.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 818 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Oh dear Mumbles, you've been waiting for seasons now to stick the knife into Hamilton, and now you are having your long awaited moment.

I suggest you watch Anthony Davidsons analysis on Sky, Rosberg was fumbling with his switches and only reacts once he realises Lewis is making a run on him. check out Riccardo's "diplomatic" assessment as well,

just about a racing incident, but too much of a swerve off the racing line by Nico in my book. You can defend, but not run them off the track....
Johnny Byrne's Boots

What did Ricciardo have to say about it?
Chicken Run Supreme

Ricciardo said he felt that Rosberg closed him out, but didn't want to say too much on the subject.
beckton

Post by beckton »

Don't be daft.
Chicken Run Supreme

Hamilton has a difficult season ahead. Monaco next where Rosberg has the Indian sign over Hamilton having won it for the last three years and Hamilton last won Monaco in a McLaren in 2008. Would be a good time to strike back on what is Rosberg's home track but it wont be easy and more than any other circuit, winning pole position is paramount.
If there are any more "incidents" between these two, I can see there be a parting of the waves at Mercedes and given they are a German Team with one German and one British driver, I rather suspect it would be Hamilton that might leave for pastures new - but who know's what's in store yet.
Great drive from Verstappen yesterday but Ricciardo understandably pissed off with change of strategy that effectively cost him the win.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

People who make baskets for a living do less weaving than Rosberg. He did it yesterday and has always done it.

Riccardo is experiencing what Webber had to put up with for many year - he was 'Vettelled' yesterday. Red Bull have picked their new superstar (and he is a superstar fair play) and they'll be backing him from now on. Riccardo's only hope is that he is more talented than Webber and will be harder for MV to shake off.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 818 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Don't know why, but I have a gut feeling Lewis could be back at McLaren next year.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Chicken Run Supreme

I've always thought that one day Hamilton would end up driving for Ferrari but that is highly unlikely whilst Vettel remains there. Got a feeling this season is going to end badly for Lewis.