NFL Pick 'em pool 2017/18

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 198 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Re: NFL Pick 'em pool 2017/18

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Hard to feel sorry for the Saints. They way Payton and Brees conduct themselves is a bit tough to take often: they're unapologetic-ally happy to run up the score, get the benefit of shady officiating in their building, etc. But if that all happened to my team today, I'd be pretty cheesed off.

And the Pats, what can you say? Continue to display their Rasputin-like endurance. They too benefited from a bogus call - was never roughing the passer and they would have had to punt to the Rams, who would have the ball with the lead and under 8 minutes to go. In the end it was another bitter defeat for Andy Reid, whose teams when they get to this level always seem to get out maneuvered as the game progresses.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Even to an inexperienced UK fan like me, that was the most blatant pass interference I have ever seen.

Nice to see there are rubbish referees in the NFL as well.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Bend it like Repka wrote:Even to an inexperienced UK fan like me, that was the most blatant pass interference I have ever seen.

Nice to see there are rubbish referees in the NFL as well.
I think as well, but someone can correct me, that the call there was not "reviewable" as it throwing a red flag and asking for the video folks to take a look at.

plus I also think (but can't remember) inside the last 2 minutes which I think this was, you can't throw a red flag anyway.

and there is the "league letter of apology" which in this case I have no thought that the Saints are going t oget.

the ref though ? might not be getting a game any time soon.

I mean that was SO blatant. not even one of those "tough call to make" - even after 50 million reviews - wasn't still inclusive.

dreadful call...........I have no dog in the hunt as the Texans stunk the place out, we can't even blame the refs.

not sure how legit - no audio - but according to the radio Peyton they said called the league office and they said "it was a bad call."
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: I think as well, but someone can correct me, that the call there was not "reviewable" as it throwing a red flag and asking for the video folks to take a look at.
That's correct. Only a limited number of situations are challengable. Scores and change of posession is automatically reviewed so can't be challenged.
plus I also think (but can't remember) inside the last 2 minutes which I think this was, you can't throw a red flag anyway.
Also correct. In the last two minutes of each half all reviews have to be initiated from "the booth". Thus you see teams hurrying to get plays off before there's a chance for a review.
and there is the "league letter of apology" which in this case I have no thought that the Saints are going t oget.
these are issued on a weekly basis.
the ref though ? might not be getting a game any time soon.
Of course he will. Not this season, as there's only one game left. But he'll be back next season. He's not even the worst (Jeremy Borger) which says a lot right there.
dreadful call.......... .
No doubt, but it didn't cost them the game. Is the Saints-lovin' media going to point out that they had the ball to start OT?

Here's a compilation of some other doozies for your viewing pleasure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbNfQvT4-fw
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

in fairness Petyon and Brees said that they had loads of other opportunities to win the game so they are not blaming the official.

yes - we cannot say it cost them the game but it DID (imvho) cost them the opportunity to win the game.

having been sick for the past 10 days, I nodded off during the Pats/Chiefs game...

had to read the web to find the score

:oops:
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Post by WCpete »

I found both games to be frustrating to watch, and I too had no dog in either fight. Seemingly every bloody play got reviewed, except for the ones that needed reviewing, and the refs still made erroneous calls throughout. It was maddening as a neutral. Must have been enraging for a fan of those teams.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

I have nothing to say other than Rams 8-)
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

WCpete wrote:I found both games to be frustrating to watch, and I too had no dog in either fight. Seemingly every bloody play got reviewed, except for the ones that needed reviewing, and the refs still made erroneous calls throughout. It was maddening as a neutral. Must have been enraging for a fan of those teams.
spot on....in the game that I saw. as I said I was dozing in and out of the Pats/Chiefs game so couldn't say much.

but the awful calls in the Saints game - there were TWO on the "last" drive that either could have and should have been called.

why if there are SEVEN refs (not all watching the same play of course) and a t.v. review crew did not ONE call the completely obvious non call. the first was definitely pass interference as the defender got there way early but the second, amazing. playing not looking at the ball. ball about 5+ feet away from the receiver.

player wipes out the opponent way before the ball arrives. the isn't an interpretation. there isn't a "well that could have gone either way" loads of reviews, inconclusive.

at such an important stage of the game. I can't believe the line judge didn't call over the referee and point it out. no "under further review."

truly awful.

oh well - lets all get excited for another Pats SB

will Gladys Knight take a knee during the national anthem ?

:D

will Maroon 5 ?

and how the hell did Maroon 5 get the gig anyway.

:?
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:I have nothing to say other than Rams 8-)

The entire civilized world is rooting against the Rasputin-like Pats. :thup:

Hoping for an Eli-like performance :scarfer:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

not only pass interference but isn't it helmet to helmet too ?

https://t.co/PQIMkvrMHX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:shock: :shock: :shock:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

bitter-iron-ny wrote:

The entire civilized world is rooting against the Rasputin-like Pats. :thup:
Having only followed NFL 'properly' since last years play-offs (I had a tip to put money on the Eagles :thup: ) I haven't even been on this thread as my knowledge of the sport is so minimal that I don't feel qualified to comment .... Yet.

I adopted Oakland Raiders as my chosen team based purely on my love for N.W.A in the 80's and 90's and the fact they'll be moving to Vegas next year.

Anyways, the little knowledge I have acquired, it seems The Pats are the NFL equivalent to Man Utd and thats enough to make anyone dislike them !!
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

the Manu of Fergie mate.....

still hard not to admire them, the coaching staff (has to be the best ever - especially as they lose coaches regularly as they get jobs other places).

and of course Tom Brady.

I think they said 9 Super Bowls counting this one - will win 5 I think also.

plus:

and:

:scarfer:

plus at 41 is still on the very top of his game - which gives us really oldies hope...

(or maybe not)
Cockneyboy311

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

I said to friends the other day that if we can get past the Saints then we will win it and i stick by that. In Sean McVay we trust.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:I said to friends the other day that if we can get past the Saints then we will win it and i stick by that. In Sean McVay we trust.
isn't he only 32 years old too ?

or am I incorrect in this matter...?

good old boy at D.C. - Wade Phillips - whose dad I am often quoting on here...on coaches "There's two types of coaches - them as has bin fahred, and them as gonna be fahred...."

STILL revered in 'ouston is Bum........

:cry:
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:

isn't he only 32 years old too ?

or am I incorrect in this matter...?

good old boy at D.C. - Wade Phillips - whose dad I am often quoting on here...on coaches "There's two types of coaches - them as has bin fahred, and them as gonna be fahred...."

STILL revered in 'ouston is Bum........

:cry:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Post by WCpete »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:I said to friends the other day that if we can get past the Saints then we will win it and i stick by that. In Sean McVay we trust.
I like that McVay has a coach whose job it is to pick him up and move him on the sidelines during games.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6277006-vide ... ring-games
Cockneyboy311

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

WCpete wrote:
I like that McVay has a coach whose job it is to pick him up and move him on the sidelines during games.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6277006-vide ... ring-games
Saw that on Sky Sports the other day. Funny :)
Cockneyboy311

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Not long now. Got Monday off so can enjoy the game (hopefully) and not have to worry about work next day :thup:
Thekorean
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Thekorean »

Raiders, like Spurs, are homeless. :lol:
Cockneyboy311

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

I’ve just logged back into the Pig Skin game on ESPN and rejoined. Anybody else getting involved? Bitter NYC? Florida Hammer?