NFL Pick 'em pool 2017/18

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 205 likes
Total likes: 233 likes

Re: NFL Pick 'em pool 2017/18

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Bloody Hell...

Bucs 31 NOLA 24 at the half !!!

:O

Texans getting killed as usual...

Tom Brady being Tom Brady........

:x
30.44% of the Survival players on Yahoo went with the 'Aints and didn't make it through Week 1 :lol:

0.7% took Tampa

Texans made a game of it and if they had done a better job of clock management late could tied it up. They were driving and NE defense looked gassed.

Lots of good early games. Giants with a respectable performance against one of the best teams in the league. Topped it off with another ending I'd rather forget but they look like a way better team already. (Not that they could be much worse than last year...)
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

ESPN game - 7 wins 7 losses so far. Two games to play. I'll take 9-7 for a first week. Be disappointed with anything else.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1985 likes
Total likes: 1660 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

score line flattered the Texans to be fair...as usual though O'Brien's clock management sucked.

his presser said: It's not my job to sort out the incomplete pass. If I had thrown a red flag I would have been penalised as it was inside 2 minutes. "Why didn't you call a time out and give New York time to review it ?" That would have given New England plenty of time to have figured out a play.

Doh, didn't they score a a touchdown anyway Bill...........

Apparently the head ref said that New York were reviewing it but New England got a play off quicker than the official word could get to Foxboro.

So Bill you managed to let them score anyway even though you didn't take a time out and it's the video review's board job to over rule the call ? True Bill but Brady being Brady (and any other good qb) got the game going when there was a very questionable call. Bellichick threw his flag quickly even though it was over ruled.

We went into the locker room at h-t with 3 time out's left.

his clock management is dreadful. He is rightfully getting crucified yesterday and today in the press and meedja.

Our OL is dreadful and Kevin Johnson was our Mark Noble this week.

:lol:

O'Brien changed his mind today about the non time out call and flip flopped..said he thought the catch was good and his booth guy said he thought it might be a catch.......so he never called time out....everybody on the t.v. said it was a no catch.......changed his mind now about not being his job.........

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

First time I have watched an ESPN MNF..

Beth Mowins calling the play by play...
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

bet no one had the Jets winning last night....

how the hell did they lay 48 points on anyone......
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:bet no one had the Jets winning last night....
i did, i have proof!
but didn't participate to any pools and didn't bet anything. i hate to be right!
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

well Warp...

you lost a shed load of money then...

:?

Lions were a 6.5 pt favourite....anyone betting on the Jets should have cleaned up.......
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

it's funny, i'd bet pretty much on everything, from the colour of the shirt of the next girl or bloke coming into the bar to throwing paper balls in the bin.

but i very rarely do when it comes to sport, i don't even have an account on any betting site.
it's probably just self preservation.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

On Friday there was already talk of the veteran players in Detroit quitting on the coach. Certainly played that way at the first sign of adversity.

Supposedly was down to Patricia or Shurmer for Giants coach. No regrets here!
Cockneyboy311

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Nope! Couldn't believe it when i saw the score next morning.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Texans in Tennessee..Marcus Mariota - will he, can he ?

Texans - will Bill O'Brien keep his job after this year.

Cried out for a GM he could get along with - check
Cried out for a QB he could build the franchise on - check
Have all of his defensive players available - check
Work on his clock management skills - DOH............

he has REALLY been in the crosshairs this week on radio and print.......

justifiably so....couldn't manage the proverbial pissup in a brewery..

his clock management skills have been lacking since he got here and that's one area that he has NEVER managed to get under control.

this despite having people up in the booth exclusively for that purpose.....this one told him that he wasn't sure if it was a catch or not, then he said he didn't want to give New England a chance to take a time out and organise themselves - the only sided disorganised on that play was us.

Oh and Bill - here's a clue...when the catch on the field is debatable and your opponent runs back up to the line of scrimmage to get a play off before it can be reviewed.........it probably wasn't a catch..

muppet...
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

grrrrrrr..after not being able to watch our first win of the season due to bloody house guests..

I had to put up with this crap...

JD Clowney in street clothes giving some verbal that incurs a 15 yard penalty....

DeShawn Watson with 17 seconds on the clock, no time outs runs around looking for a wide receiver and then chucks it to DeAndre Hopkins with the clock at 0:00.

Plus it turns out that he was past the line of scrimmage anyway.....

I can't take this !!!!!!!!!!!! We find more ways to lose than, it seems, any other team in the league...

:cry: :cry:
WCpete
Has liked: 1496 likes
Total likes: 3194 likes

Post by WCpete »

I was amazed to see the crowd at Mile High for the Raiders today. Upper deck was empty, middle tier was mostly empty and the lower tier was far from full. I thought the Broncos took their football seriously, especially against the Raiders.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

WCpete wrote:I was amazed to see the crowd at Mile High for the Raiders today. Upper deck was empty, middle tier was mostly empty and the lower tier was far from full. I thought the Broncos took their football seriously, especially against the Raiders.

Agreed Pete..never watched the game, but didn't Mile High have something like the most sold out games consecutive a while back ?

Especially as you say for the Raiders.....can't fathom why attendance would be down there.......

:?

as usual it shows 100.8% attendance..of course now with the NFL I imagine that everything is s-t's....

like the OS they show 100% attendance even if the place is half empty.....not a national holiday so am puzzled.....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cinccy @ 76% LA - as expected 71% Redskins @ 69% - everyone else shows at over 90%
WCpete
Has liked: 1496 likes
Total likes: 3194 likes

Post by WCpete »

Maybe people are doing what Trump told them to do and are staying home.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Attendance in Cincy has been awful forever. Most neglectful ownership in the NFL.

In LA, the Coliseum is a relic.

Washington fans hate the stadium, hate the owner. Attendance has been trending down for years. My family is friends with a family who have been season ticket holders since the team moved town to 1937. In the 90's they had as many as 20 season tickets in their group. Two years ago they gave it up for good. Because of Snyder.

No idea what's up in Denver. Last year their attendance was basically consistent with years prior. They're close to 400 straight sell-outs, meaning all tickets are distributed, but they keep track of "no-shows" for each game. Those had been about the same.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Denver only 1 year removed from a Super Bowl win..

what's that about.......

Oakland understandable they're moving......

Washington ? I thought that they were such brilliant fans way back when, the Hogs..John Riggins and Joe Thiesmann....

those were brilliant days........

Cincy...yeah that have ALWAYS been the cheapskates of the NFL..they did win a Super Bowl though..

Cris Collingsworth I do love as a commentator....

:thup:
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:

Cincy...yeah that have ALWAYS been the cheapskates of the NFL..they did win a Super Bowl though..

Cris Collingsworth I do love as a commentator....

:
Bengals 0-2. Crushing defeat to the 49ers twice. Was pulling big time for them both times.

Collinsworth? Where's the barf icon? Dimwitting spouter of hyperbole. Every week everyone is the best in the league. His analysis consists of whatever tidbits the broadcasters get in their production meetings with the teams' coaches. As the game unfolds he gets more and more lost with the action on the field. Absolute waste of oxygen.

Opinions, eh? :)
Cockneyboy311

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

I know it's only two games in but who are your bets for the play offs? Or winning the whole thing if you're brave enough? :)

I'm biased as a Ram but we've got to be on for the play off's again at least. Throw in Philli, Minnesota, Patriots, Packers, Chiefs. Who else? Falcons?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

b-i-n

I just think Collingsworth brings a bit of a smile to the booth and think his analysis is good.

as you say opinions...

when I listen to any of the Sky/Fox and now TNT football analysis I must utter something bloody obvious, only for Jamie Carragher et el to say the same thing about 5 seconds later.

Most get the award for a masterful grasp of the obvious, and having a computer breakdown the game for them as well during real time, the ability to singe out individual players again in real time makes them seem all knowing all seeing.............but in general they ain't.