Bolt loses one of his Olympic golds

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Re: Bolt loses one of his Olympic golds

Post by Harry Hound »

White Goodman wrote:Yeah must admit I still think that theory is bull****, they're not the ****ing X Men for ****'s sake :-)

Is that even possible, how come people with really hard lives today aren't producing Supermen after a couple of hundred years.

There must be loads of slavery in India and they are per head the worst Olympic nation by about a million miles
Just to follow up on this line of thought the French Foreign Legion recruit far less from Western Europe etc. nowadays as generally kids in these countries lead sedentary lives and are too soft to hack the training or serve in the Legions combat units. Most recruits are now from the former Eastern European countries. Hard upbringings generally produce hardy more resilient and no doubt more aggressive adults.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

White Goodman wrote:Yeah must admit I still think that theory is bull****, they're not the ****ing X Men for ****'s sake :-)

Is that even possible, how come people with really hard lives today aren't producing Supermen after a couple of hundred years.

There must be loads of slavery in India and they are per head the worst Olympic nation by about a million miles
I'm no genetic expert, in fact I know sweet FA, but I do follow horse racing, and the stud industry basically works that way.

Coolmoore basically matches Derby winners with top mares and keeps producing new Derby winners.

Frankels foals are already winning races.....
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Yep I get that bit about two genetically strong individuals are more likely to produce stonger offspring than Paul Daniels and Debbie McGhee but I can't see just one particular group would be able to dominate in such a way on that alone.

Eugenics is nothing new at the end of the day but I suppose slavery did allow people to practice it unchecked.

I'd imagine it might cause a little bit of uproar if we instituted a National Eugenics Programme, although technically it's coming anyway with designer babies.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Of course they're all on drugs. All of them. Every single one, all of the time, always. The eugenics bit probably contributed to their dominance a little bit, but mostly its their extensive use of PEDs.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

DasNutNock wrote:The slavery bit goes:

1) The weaker slaves died during transit or whilst they were toiling.
2) The strongest, fittest slaves were encouraged to impregnate the women.

Eugenics, basically, and you could argue that is a form of man-modified evolution.
That Michael Johnson documentary went one further, saying that the slave boats bound for the US stopped off at the West Indies to jettison the aggressive trouble makers because they were unsaleable. So your average Jamaican fella could be genetically predisposed to being somewhat edgy, which is a good thing in a sprinter.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Monkeybubbles wrote:That Michael Johnson documentary went one further, saying that the slave boats bound for the US stopped off at the West Indies to jettison the aggressive trouble makers because they were unsaleable. So your average Jamaican fella could be genetically predisposed to being somewhat edgy, which is a good thing in a sprinter.
True enough - aggression is related to testosterone production, which is also linked to muscularity etc.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

DasNutNock wrote:Perhaps that's because athletics, broadly speaking, is ****ing boring.
The 100m sprint being the bedroom equivalent of the premature ejaculation .
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

What about this bloke? On the gear or not?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/w ... thlete-97/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

DasNutNock wrote:What about this bloke? On the gear or not?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/w ... thlete-97/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you mean Columbian marching powder off hookers tits then yes.
SxHammer
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 55 likes

Post by SxHammer »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/w ... thlete-97/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That guy is a ****ing hero. True inspiration.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

SxHammer wrote:That guy is a ****ing hero. True inspiration.
Has to be said, he's in sensational shape for a bloke that's got less than 3 years before the Queen sends him a birthday card.
SxHammer
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 55 likes

Post by SxHammer »

DasNutNock wrote: Has to be said, he's in sensational shape for a bloke that's got less than 3 years before the Queen sends him a birthday card.
As someone who trains, in general, with a much younger group (only being 35 myself) and often find myself making excuses that I can't compete with them because of the age gap it really makes me feel ashamed (and more determined).
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/w ... thlete-97/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm was wondering if I could take him in a fist fight. I think he would probably batter me.

I'm pitching on the phone to Channel 5 as I type.