British & Irish Lions Tour to NZ 2017

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DasNutNock

Re: British & Irish Lions Tour to NZ 2017

Post by DasNutNock »

AB's squad released today. I'm sure they're ****ting themselves at having to face out-of-form Biggar, 1/2p, Warburton & co.
Eggchaser
Has liked: 1862 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Eggchaser »

DasNutNock wrote:AB's squad released today. I'm sure they're ****ting themselves at having to face out-of-form Biggar, 1/2p, Warburton & co.
Not to mention an out of form Sexton, an out of form Hogg and such luminaries as Liam Williams.
Tipuric is better than Warburton at the moment too imo.

Looking at the squad for tomorrow, I wonder what Moriarty has done to upset Gatland?
I thought he played well last week. Having said that perhaps he is too similar in style to O'Brien.
nickkarkie
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

Who would have thought it? Play some fast and skillful players and you beat the best club side.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

A far better display today - those faster players got around the park quicker, pegged back the Crusaders to a mere penalty. Apparently the last time they hadn't scored a try in a game was over 2 years ago. Impressive displays around the team - Farrell, T'eo, George, Kruiz, Faletau, Williams all impressed me.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

nickkarkie wrote:Who would have thought it? Play some fast and skillful players and you beat the best club side.
The off-form Taffs & Irish are waiting in the wings for the Tests to start.
badabing
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by badabing »

Cracking game between the argies and England on now, ebbed and flowed all night, looks like England have just won it with a last minute try.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

badabing wrote:Cracking game between the argies and England on now, ebbed and flowed all night, looks like England have just won it with a last minute try.
Terrific game. Proper ding dong test match rugby.
nickkarkie

Post by nickkarkie »

DasNutNock wrote: The off-form Taffs & Irish are waiting in the wings for the Tests to start.
:scarfer:
mjustincredible
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by mjustincredible »

badabing wrote:Cracking game between the argies and England on now, ebbed and flowed all night, looks like England have just won it with a last minute try.
What a game it was. I actually jumped out of my seat and celebrated like a madman when England got that last minute try! So many new players blooded in that game and still beat a formidable Argentina team in their back yard - very Impressive from England.

The Lions looked so much better also, need to be more clinical though, should have scored 2 tries at least but at least the defence looked strong against a very good club team. :thup:
nickkarkie

Post by nickkarkie »

More dinosaur rugby, can we bring Eddie Jones over to replace Gatland?
pablo jaye

Post by pablo jaye »

I hear Garland is wanting to bring more players into the squad .... I think he'll need to sneak them onto the pitch without the ABs noticing for it to give us any chance of winning!!

NZ Maori today - probably a reasonable chance of a Lions win, given that they are like the Lions and don't play that frequently.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Sounds like the Lions clicked today, at last. Pack will probably limit the damage the ABs can inflict, but it won't be enough.

England vs Argies test 2 soon. Hopefully another end to end chaotic match
pablo jaye

Post by pablo jaye »

Yes, far better today but a bit of a joke with the players called up to the tour - not really good enough, some of them and just happen to be conveniently local.

Arg v Eng was a good game - end to end stuff and then England closed the game down in the last 10 mins. Some good performances by some of the newbies, well lead by the likes of
Hartley, Care, Robshaw, Ford and Brown .... some of whom should be called up to the Lions based on form and ability.
Dieter Eckstein
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 283 likes

Post by Dieter Eckstein »

Mike Brown making Gatland's decision not to take him to NZ look even more bizarre tonight.
Loftyhammer
Has liked: 2191 likes
Total likes: 167 likes

Post by Loftyhammer »

pablo jaye wrote:Yes, far better today but a bit of a joke with the players called up to the tour - not really good enough, some of them and just happen to be conveniently local.

Arg v Eng was a good game - end to end stuff and then England closed the game down in the last 10 mins. Some good performances by some of the newbies, well lead by the likes of
Hartley, Care, Robshaw, Ford and Brown .... some of whom should be called up to the Lions based on form and ability.
Whilst I think it does demean the Lions jersey I can see the logic and effectively these guys are being called up to be human tackle bags....can't see any of them anywhere near contention for Tests. As with all these things if we do well in the Tests it will be a good decision...

Thought the Lions were v powerful today and did really well vs a very talented back line. Their 10 is meant to be another star in the making and we gave him nothing whilst pushing him deeper and deeper....need to make Barrett do the same. What concerns me is if the power game doesn't work we've got nothing out wide to hurt the ABs and no discernible plan B
pablo jaye

Post by pablo jaye »

Quite. I think we have revealed our only hand against the Maori, the good old forward machine. However, it is starting to gel and will be interesting to see how the ABs deal with it.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

The pack has to dominate from the first minute of the first test to the last minute of the last test or its lights out. The ABs are not going to be slowed, let alone stopped, if they're getting good front-foot ball to their 10, so the Lions scrum has to perform at levels few of the players will have ever reached before.

Brown was absolutely electric yesterday. Best I've seen him in an England shirt. Under Jones, there's a lot to look forward to for England - strength in depth is at an all-time high and some of the youngsters coming through are playing at an astonishing level, given their ages.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Rumour has it this is how the Lions will line up this weekend:

15. Williams
14. Daly
13. Davies
12. Teo
11. Watson
10. Farrell
9. Murray
8. Faletau
7. O'Brien
6. O'Mahony (c)
5. Kruis
4. Jones
3. Furlong
2. George
1. Vunipola
Loftyhammer
Has liked: 2191 likes
Total likes: 167 likes

Post by Loftyhammer »

Good side he's picked...North has been poor for a while and Daly was superb vs Chiefs. Always liked Liam Williams too....think we'll give em a good run for their money!
Patito

Post by Patito »

Would have liked to have seen Itoje in there but otherwise a decent side. All Blacks are missing a few as well.