KUMB General Formula 1 News thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Re: KUMB General Formula 1 News thread

Post by kayahammer »

I've wondered whether Lewis has the same pr manager as Beckham. They both seem to spout prepared statements that contain not a trace of personal opinion, and fit into the political correctness pigeon hole like a **** in a ****.

Beckham's is more transparent because you can never imagine he comes up with most of what he says on his own.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

^^^^

Fully agree.

Ive never heard Hamilton speak and thought "wow, really, that was interesting". Same could probably aimed at loads of sportsman/woman I suppose.

And every poxy podium interview (I hate them too BTW) starts with "I'd like to thank the fans for coming" to the sounds of fans booing him.

I still say he's a class driver though.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:^^^^

Fully agree.

Ive never heard Hamilton speak and thought "wow, really, that was interesting". Same could probably aimed at loads of sportsman/woman I suppose.

And every poxy podium interview (I hate them too BTW) starts with "I'd like to thank the fans for coming" to the sounds of fans booing him.

I still say he's a class driver though.
I would disagree.

Yes his podium interviews are very wooden, but considering people are always knocking him for being too "street" and "arrogant", he is being a professional. Thank the fans, team and sponsors. Doing his job for Mercedes I'd say.

Although when you say that he is pretending to not notice the fans booing, you are forgetting that at Monza, he clearly noted the Tifosi stick, because on the podium interview he commended that Mercedes power beats Ferrari power, so maybe you just have made up your mind about him.

Compare the podium chats to his post race Ch4 interviews, they are a world apart. He is much more relaxed with DC and Jones. Asked at Monza why he ran wide and put a wheel in the gravel, he said sometimes you just got to take it to the beach. I always find him funny and interesting with them.

I like Lewis. He doesn't do what is always expected of a driver. He clearly has his own mind and takes his own path. He has made himself into a brand, as big as Beckham, but with far more talent. If he likes fashion and music who cares? His fans clearly like it, and he is obviously having a good time.

As much as Bottas is a nice guy, I know who I'd rather listen to.
westham,eggyandchips

^^^

As I said, I'll never warm to him personally.

But as a driver- a class act.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

I don't mind him , great driver and despite the weird mid Atlantic accent, he still seems fairly down to earth in a sport where it must be easy to become a huge **** especially if you are the top of the sport and not say Max Chilton (although even Max must get a lot of flange if he goes down a nightclub in say ....Norwich. Monaco probably not so much, he'd be minesweeping Max Verstappen's cast offs)

Imagine ....huge salary, women must be throwing themselves at his feet almost constantly (not scratters either), can go anywhere he wants within reason, special access to things the rest of us will never appreciate, does an awesome job for a living.

I'd be King Cun.t , I just wouldn't be able to avoid it :)
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

He has been linked with Nicole Schnersinger, Rihanna and Rita Ora. That's not a bad cv.
To be honest in the past he had come across as a bit of a knob but seems to have chilled out a bit these days and saw him on Jonathan Ross show at the weekend and he came across ok.
As an F1 driver, he is currently the best out There, without equals.
Chicken Run Supreme

Looks like that's that for Daniel Kvyat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41397848

Once seen as a star in the making, it would seem Kvyat's F1 career is all but over. Looks like there could be a few changes across the paddock for next season.
Bend it like Repka

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:Looks like that's that for Daniel Kvyat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41397848

Once seen as a star in the making, it would seem Kvyat's F1 career is all but over. Looks like there could be a few changes across the paddock for next season.
He's never really come across as a star in the making has he?

Mind you, when a team produces Max and Sainz the bar is set pretty high.
westham,eggyandchips

When a lot of Kyvat's radio messages consist of "Sorry guys" you just know it aint gonna work out. Maybe its a Russian thing?
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Hamilton has pole at Sepang while Vettel will start last. A great chance for Hamilton to increase the gap between the pair of them in the drivers table.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Ferrari can make the best of a bad weekend here by piling on the engine upgrades and extra replacement parts, they can't start any further back so they're effectively free of any penalties.

Watch for Raikkkkoonnnnennnnn attempting to take out Hamilton at the start, to help his 'team leader' :wink:
Chicken Run Supreme

Good job Vettel stated at the back today, otherwise he'd have won this race easily. Hamilton will no doubt be disappointed to have been overtaken by Verstappen but he should look at the bigger picture and the overall standings and be happy to finish in front of Vettel (hopefully anyway, the race aint over yet!)
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Excellent from Vettel today, he cut through the field with alarming ease. Mercedes are on the back foot and clearly the third best car this weekend. The only counter is that Ferrari seem to have sacrificed reliability (and luck) for performance. Lewis did all he could and I thought Riccardo would have pushed him harder for 2nd. Bottas is a worry, his performance is woeful in that car.

Didn't see the warm down lap :D

https://streamable.com/uf1hj
Bend it like Repka

Poor Seb, he drives a very good race and then makes a plum of himself on the warm down.

Well done Max, top drive.

As much as Lewis had no luck last year, Ferrari are handing it to him on a plate. The pile up last race and engine problems this time are just open goals.
Chicken Run Supreme

Strange that yesterday Vettel's engine had problems but Kimi was flying and very nearly nicked pole, but 24 hours later, Kimi' engine is ****ed and Vettel is the one flying.
Anyone would think the engines had been switched :wink:
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Poor old Seb, looks like the game is up now. :D
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Absurd how fortunes can change in just a handful of races.
Bend it like Repka

As much as Alonso must be annoyed that he has wasted 3 years being winless at McClaren, deep down he knew that Ferrari just can't keep it together.

Between's Sebs crazy start at Singapore and their engine problems that have taken a really exciting title fight and flushed it down the pan, which is a shame because it was boiling up nicely.
westham,eggyandchips

York Ham(mer) wrote:Absurd how fortunes can change in just a handful of races.
Ain't karma a bitch!?
Chicken Run Supreme

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Ain't karma a bitch!?
Indeed. Lewis had a shed load of bad luck last season so it's about time he had some good fortune. Strange that for first half of the season Ferrari were a model of consistency whereas Merecdes had one or two teething problems and yet over the last races, there has been a spectacular decline in Ferrari reliability.