Rugby League

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

freelander

Rugby League

Post by freelander »

This really is thought provoking stuff

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/39620385" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by freelander on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hammerdivone

Re: Rugby League - this really is thought provoking stuff

Post by hammerdivone »

I've been knocked out twice playing football which probably explains a lot!

Once when I was 12 or 13 and didn't recognise my brother when he came to the hospital. Still no idea what happened.

The second time it was accompanied with a 4 inch gash above my eye, and I drove home to tell the wife I was driving up to the hospital, which I then did. The A&E doctor was horrified when I told him. Had 15 stitches and a thumping headache after that one, along with two black eyes and one eye swollen completely shut. Had to go to work the next day (before mobile phone were popular so couldn't get hold of my boss to tell him to cancel our site meeting), the look on his face when I turned up was priceless, I looked like I gone ten rounds with Bruno!
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Re: Rugby League - this really is thought provoking stuff

Post by pablo jaye »

RL is really quite bruising game with more high speed hits than union. Also, there has always appeared to be more of a macho 'don't worry, I can carry on' attitude of players - much like the Black Knight in The Holy Grail.

A search on 'Top 10 hits' in the NRL would show some heavyweight blows.