Aviva Premiership 2017

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

ironstu

Aviva Premiership 2017

Post by ironstu »

I'm off to the final at Twickenham on Saturday. Was hoping for a Wasps v Saracens final as I'm a Wasps fan and my old man and mate who are also going to watch are Sarries fans. Wasps v Exeter will be a huge final though, can't wait. Two teams that deserve to be there the most, first final for Wasps in 9 years with Exeter's lively fan base will make for a great atmosphere.

Who's going to win it though?!
WestHamIFC

Re: Aviva Premiership 2017

Post by WestHamIFC »

I'm a Chiefs fan.

Was hoping to play Saracens in the final (revenge) but they c***ed up by sending a weakened to Coventry Wasps near the end of the season, which meant they could only finish 3rd and meet us in the Semi. However in hindsight that home advantage may have made the difference.

Hoping to make the final - need to re-arrange my schedule to allow it!

Would be great if we win - we deserve it since we do play the most attractive, free-flowing attacking rugby (compare that with Sarries who are like George Graham's Arsenal). And of course we have the best fans!
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

As a Wasps fan I'd say we are the best and most attractive attacking team to watch :lol: Although you are a close second! We'll undoubtedly be missing Kurtley Beale which is a shame as he is brilliant to watch. In for a good game though. Agree with you having the best fans but that bloody repetitive chant thing does my head in so I hope to see a few Wasps tries to shut you all up!

Thought it was very arrogant of Sarries to do that against us with the attitude that they could beat anyone away from home, backfired on them big time.
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

Good luck to both teams in the final from a Quins supporter. Feels right that 1 & 2 are in the final and Slade's ballsy and exceptional kick on Saturday deserved to win any game of rugby. For me Sarries just looked shattered - a game too far for a lot of them after their exploits in the Champions Cup Final last week.

I'm glad Sarries didn't win. Lots of time for their players, supporters and coaches and what they have achieved but the salary cup stuff left a bad taste in the mouth and their executive management have done some pretty disrespectful things over the years which goes against the spirit of the game.

I'd probably rather Exeter won, they're an exceptional example as a club and have a huge amount of players I like but Wasps are great to watch too. Do you get up there much since the move to Coventry Ironstu?
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

dave_l wrote:I'm glad Sarries didn't win. Lots of time for their players, supporters and coaches and what they have achieved but the salary cup stuff left a bad taste in the mouth and their executive management have done some pretty disrespectful things over the years which goes against the spirit of the game.
Spot on about Sarries. I also dislike Wasps for similar reasons that I detest Milton Keynes Dons!
thebassmonkey

Post by thebassmonkey »

My London Irish are back in the big league!!!!
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

Welcome back Irish! You can now have the role as a home team at the London Double Header back.
WestHamIFC wrote:
Spot on about Sarries. I also dislike Wasps for similar reasons that I detest Milton Keynes Dons!
Fair enough. What Sarries and Bath did by all accounts was hugely distasteful and from a club that did wrong, was caught and punished, to see them get away scot free was very frustrating.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

CHIEFS!!! :scarfer: