The US open 2017

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

The US open 2017

Post by mumbles87 »

anyone else been watching this?

What an open.. they have set the course up slightly easier to encourage good scoring.. we have tones of players in the mix on the final day including our own Tommy Fleetwood

Rooting for him and Fowler as I got a bet on fowler but wouldnt begrudge seeing Fleetwood win a major

the risk reward of the course has been great

and yet the "big names" like Day, Rory and DJ all didnt make the cut so it wasnt an easy course by any means!

cracking viewing.. good job im lates tomorrow as I am not missing a moment of this later
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Re: The US open 2017

Post by Mega Ron »

It's been great so far. It feels more European than a traditional US open course.

I'm definitely watching the conclusion tonight.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Poor Rory. Made a fuss of the rough being cut, pointing out the fairways are two or three times wider than they usually play on, saying "If you can't hit a fifty yard fairway, what are you doing here?", then hitting just five in his first round :oops:
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Poor Rory. Made a fuss of the rough being cut, pointing out the fairways are two or three times wider than they usually play on, saying "If you can't hit a fifty yard fairway, what are you doing here?", then hitting just five in his first round :oops:
For me it's time for Rory to shut up to the media and start dialling in on the course
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Agreed. From where I'm sitting his career is a close parallel to Lewis Hamilton's. Both have prodigious talent, both potentially have he world at their feet, and both would be well out in front of their chosen field if they'd concentrate a little more on training and preparation and a little less on being a meeja darling.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Agreed. From where I'm sitting his career is a close parallel to Lewis Hamilton's. Both have prodigious talent, both potentially have he world at their feet, and both would be well out in front of their chosen field if they'd concentrate a little more on training and preparation and a little less on being a meeja darling.
He also ****ed up in taking the contract with Nike and therefore switching clubs.
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

A player with his ability should be able to adapt to any clubs

They built the blades for him and are almost identical to what he has been playing

TBH been rumours for years he played clubs stamped with Nike but made by someone else so could be the same irons stamped with taylormade

The driver he been playing with already and played his best golf with

Changing his putter right before a major tho was stupid considering one of his big problems is putting