Eng v SA, 2nd Test @ Trent Bridge

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Happyhammer93
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: Eng v SA, 2nd Test @ Trent Bridge

Post by Happyhammer93 »

Now I loved watching KP play him, along with Freddie and Simon Jones in 2005 were the reason I got into cricket

However any argument to bring him back is ludicrous, he had one good innings and it's back... Yet tonight when running out Finch (who looked in great form) nothing is said...

He's 37, he's not played county cricket in 2 or 3 years... He hasn't consistently scored amazing scores in the T20 that he's played all this time, he isn't what he used to be, and in a year or so we would be back to having to replace him.... if we're gonna talk about kp then we need to talk about Bells return he's the most talented batsmen we have ever had, in my opiniom

I agree that Ballance isn't the correct answer... But then he isn't a natural no.3...

I'd go for:

Cook
Hameed
Jenning/Hales
Root
Balance
Stokes
Bairstow
Ali
Broad
Anderson
Wood (if injured a fast bowler, as in one that hits 90mph)

Hales should be given another try, He could be our 'Warner'... Balance at no.5 is his natural position... Ali/Stokes would be the 4th & 5th bowler... And we need a proper quick someone that can go at 90mph to offer something different to Anderson and Broad...

Hameed seems to be better suited to open than Jennings but I wouldn't rule out his case within the test team, give whoever they pick a chance of 8 to 10 games on the trot to gel as a team and see what to do after then
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Re: Eng v SA, 2nd Test @ Trent Bridge

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Slacking student wrote:Tweaked a calf therefore was unable to field, 7 days till the next test. Plenty of time to recover...
Its this sort of thing that makes him disliked.

"tweeked a calf" :lol:

You need to let the KP thing go mate.