Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Re: Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather

Post by Up the Junction »

I'd never heard of McGregor prior to this fight, but have endured him shooting his mouth off all over social media for the last couple of weeks I hope he gets a good hiding.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

White Goodman wrote: Something tells me all of this is ****ing bent though. If McGregor does well but loses to set up a rematch. We will know it was fixed.
Absolutely bent I promise you. Mayweather wins in whatever round makes them all the most cake and saves McGregor from what should ordinarily be a total humiliation. I'm annoyed that this fight is happening and even more annoyed that I'm inevitably going to get drunk and watch it. :oops:
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

I wish McGregor would do a Peter McNeeley.
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

Morocco Mole wrote: Absolutely bent I promise you. Mayweather wins in whatever round makes them all the most cake and saves McGregor from what should ordinarily be a total humiliation. I'm annoyed that this fight is happening and even more annoyed that I'm inevitably going to get drunk and watch it. :oops:
Agree with all but the last bit. I'm refusing to watch it! The whole sideshow has been a complete farce the last couple of weeks and has done boxing no favours.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Apparently McGregor got knocked out cold in a sparring session recently, but I suppose that's not unusual. Not great for his PR machine though.
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

i heard they are travelling together between the press conferences on the same plane
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Mayweather is just lucky he is a shoo in for this fight as his press conference banter is abysmal and barely comprehensible.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Make absolutely no mistake, Conor has won the only competition he cared about entering - the one that pays him something like 100 times as much as he makes as the only simultaneous 2-division titleholder in the UFC. He couldn't care less if the wifebeater knocks him out with a light jab in the first - all he cares about is the money, and good for him. He's set his family up for life.
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

The Telegraph is reporting that McGregor could make 70 million quid from this fight with Mayweather picking up 230 million for what will be the easiest hour's work of his life.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

I'd let Mayweather knock **** out of me for £70m.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

I'd let Mayweather knock one out on me for £70m.
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

^ :D

I just love that everyone panders to a pantomime. I mean come on, it's a joke fight but these 2 guys are rolling in it. What a time to be alive.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Amir Khan would beat McGregor, glass jaw or not, his movement and hand speed would be too much. It would probably be better to watch than this too.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Jumby wrote:Amir Khan would beat McGregor, glass jaw or not, his movement and hand speed would be too much. It would probably be better to watch than this too.
Ted Cheeseman, for example, is 9-0, British Champion

He bangs a novice boxer with no amateur fights and no professional fights (eg McGregor) out inside 3 rounds
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Jumby wrote:Amir Khan would beat McGregor, glass jaw or not, his movement and hand speed would be too much. It would probably be better to watch than this too.
Of course he does.

Khan is highly skilled world level fighter, much as when he fights Mayweather, he wouldn't see most of the punches that hit him
hudds town hammer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by hudds town hammer »

i got 12/1 on that McDoogle kid not landing 5 punches the whole fight...... buying money i think
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

hudds town hammer wrote:i got 12/1 on that McDoogle kid not landing 5 punches the whole fight...... buying money i think
The whole fight being no longer than 6-7 minutes and that's with Mayweather taking it easy on him.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

What would make a mockery of all of this would be if Mayweather dodged and jabbed for a round or two and then finished him off. All of that money spent on this, all the build up and it's over in no time :lol:

I hate all this "but what if McGregor lands one on him?" talk, he's not One Punch Mickey O'Neil out of Snatch and he's not fighting a bareknuckle amateur, he's fighting one of the most technically sound boxers of all time, a man who has never been put on the canvas.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Jumby wrote:
I hate all this "but what if McGregor lands one on him?" talk, he's not One Punch Mickey O'Neil out of Snatch and he's not fighting a bareknuckle amateur, he's fighting one of the most technically sound boxers of all time, a man who has never been put on the canvas.
Much bigger men like de la Hoya and Canelo couldn't get near him but this scrote has apparently got a punchers chance? :lol:

I actually like McGregor I really do, but I hope Floyd irons him out within 30 seconds. He won't though because it's totally bent.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Floyd normally bets on himself, so it will be over when ever he has bet on himself. The worlds best boxers couldn't get near him, so someone who is what domestic level at best won't lay a finger on him.