world athletics championships

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammerdivone

Re: world athletics championships

Post by hammerdivone »

pablo jaye wrote:What a race that men's 100m relay was. Equally fantastic and heart wrenching at the same time - a great run by the GB boys but also incredibly sad to see Bolt finish his career like that. One of a very select band of sportsmen/women to transcend all, regardless of nationality (Mohammed Ali, being the only other one I can think of).
I was there with Mrs hd1 on Saturday night, whilst I was bouncing up and down celebrating the gold like a loony, she was shouting "Bolts down" and I was suddenly deflated! Especially after Mo's silver it was hard to take, but the relay teams did just about make up for it in the end. So sad for it all to end that way. At least Mo will be carrying on racing.

A great night, full of drama, in front of a full house with a great atmosphere. Athletics doesn't get much better
wolf359
Has liked: 1587 likes
Total likes: 1735 likes

Re: world athletics championships

Post by wolf359 »

hammerdivone wrote:. Athletics doesn't get much better
It doesn't and the stadium helps so much, it is a world class venue (dare I say world leading) , it is such a shame it is an athletics venue, not a football one.