Rio's becoming a boxer

The forum to discuss all sports news not related to THE beautiful game.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Rio's becoming a boxer

Postby Jumby on Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:32 pm

“I’ve had my chin tested by a few size 10 football boots but a boxing glove will be a bit different.”

Size 10? Rio, give it a rest :lol:
Jumby

Postby ryanrc on Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:39 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Do you think David Haye would get much praise if he announced he was going to become a professional footballer?

I don't think Haye would get much praise if he announced he was going to become a professional boxer...

:raver:
ryanrc

Postby ryanrc on Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:44 pm

Stokes however ^^
ryanrc

Postby ironstu on Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:42 pm

Rio's been called out by Jamie Peacock (ex Leeds and GB rugby league player - hard as nails) to fight at the First Direct Arena in Leeds next year for charity. This is going to end in tears for Rio.
ironstu

Postby DasNutNock on Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:16 pm

ryanrc wrote:Stokes however ^^

Fights like a right twat, IMO. No head movement, heavy feet, straight-arm punches, off-balance swipes.
DasNutNock

Postby Clacton-ammer on Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:37 pm

Was in the boxing gym yesterday teaching/sparring with these young whipper snappers how easy it is to punch me in the head now, and they didn't stop when I called feign lights either...

Got talking with the trainer (old mate) and I mentioned Rio, he basically said that in between the expletives that this is the last thing boxing needs right now, and Rio against a bang average professional boxer could get hurt, pretty much what many have said. So I hope he does not jump in the ring properly, and I certainly hope he does not do a Freddie Flintoff thing for SKY.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Previous

Return to The Sports Bar