Formula 1 2018

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2072 likes

Re: Formula 1 2018

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Well well well 8-)
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Superb from Lewis and Mercedes! Lewis helped by team orders telling Bottas to hold off but Lewis had defended well when Bottas attacked him and might’ve held on anyway.

Vettel once again shows he isn’t the driver his record suggests he is. He’s good at driving out front in dry conditions, if it’s wet or has to fight back he is very inconsistent.

After some terrible races earlier in the season, the last couple have been great entertainment.
aaronhammer

Post by aaronhammer »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/44918516" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BBC are saying Lewis’ win is now in doubt because of him not going into the pits when the safety car was out as he broke the white line...
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

aaronhammer wrote:https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/44918516" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BBC are saying Lewis’ win is now in doubt because of him not going into the pits when the safety car was out as he broke the white line...

Keeps win. No points deduction
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/44918516" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

Bit of a mental race with some interesting team decisions... all 5 tyres were out on track at one point! Good stuff although would've loved to have seen it piss down for the last 10 laps.
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

aaronhammer wrote:Superb from Lewis and Mercedes! Lewis helped by team orders telling Bottas to hold off but Lewis had defended well when Bottas attacked him and might’ve held on anyway.
It looked to me as if Hamilton's tyre's hadn't warmed up enough and Bottas on fresher rubber had them up to a better temperature.

Once Hamilton held of that charge from Bottas e was banging in fastest laps. No way would Bottas have got past him - it's a shame they didn't just wait a bit longer before the radio message as once he got them up to temp he would have kept his 1st easily.

However just before the restart i thought they should have radio'd to say hold position as with Seb out it was much more important to protect the 1 - 2 in those conditions.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Anyone got a stream for today's race?
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Cricfree or stream2watch are the most stable streams just follow the links and don’t open any pop up, and close all windows that open in the background
Johnny Byrne's Boots

SPOILER ALERT

Questions asked about Ferrari's hybrid arrangements (giving the effect of traction control) and their 'miraculous' starts so far this season, they're called in to the headmaster's office, given the all clear but make very ordinary starts this time.

Coincidence?
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I do hope you’re not suggesting that Ferrari are dirty cheats.
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

I cannot believe anyone would suggest such a thing. Always been purer than the driven snow have Ferrari.

Well raced again Lewis.
aaronhammer

Post by aaronhammer »

Big props to Bottas for Lewis’ win today. If he hadn’t have held off Vettel and Raikkonen for as long as he did Lewis would’ve been under pressure for the win. As it was, a very professional race by Lewis.

A couple of moments from the race. I notice Ferrari didn’t ask Vettel to yield position to Kimi despite him having fresher tyres and being quicker - unlike last week. Also I thought Vettel didn’t give Bottas enough space when they collided with Bottas having the racing line.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

aaronhammer wrote:Also I thought Vettel didn’t give Bottas enough space when they collided with Bottas having the racing line.
Yes, it's almost as if Ferrari get away with all sorts of extremely unsporting behaviour. Not to mention outright f*cking cheating.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Ricciardo to leave Red Bull

Kimi out and DR to Ferrari? The merry-go-round begins.

Not Ferrari but Renault
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Alonso to Red Bull?
aaronhammer

Post by aaronhammer »

Could see Alonso or Kimi going there as it would be good for red bull to have a mentor for Max.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

aaronhammer wrote:Could see Alonso or Kimi going there as it would be good for red bull to have a mentor for Max.
Max doesn't need a mentor, he has his dad. Renault is a big surprise for DR, but I get the feeling he has realised Red Bull will always favour Max as their superstar and decided he won't put up with it any more. He probably remembers how Webber was treated against Vettel.

He is gambling on his move to Renault being like Hamilton's to Mercedes. Only a manufacturer can win a championship, plus Red Bull as using Honda next year.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

I'm still shocked riccardo went to Renault. Despite being a factory team, their budget is dwarfed by Red Bulls & their miles behind them in terms of their cars development.

Look how far behind the factory-engined Renaults are behind the customer-engined Red Bulls. Their car is average at best!

I would LOVE to see Alonso in a Red Bull but it is massively unlikely. Remember he has a WEC contract with toyota & next year's Red Bull will be powered by toyotas biggest rival Honda. Shame.
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

Following on from Ricciardo moving, Alonso has now announced he will be leaving F1 at the end of the F1 calendar.

A shame he was never given a chance in a top team again, but then again he was at Ferrari and he probably regrets leaving them.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Could the reason he wasn't 'given' another chance in a top team be they've already experienced what he brings and don't fancy another dose of "sod the team it's all about me" divisiveness.