2018 Ryder Cup,Paris,match thread , 28/30 september

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

2018 Ryder Cup,Paris,match thread , 28/30 september

Post by sicknote »

Europe have

Francesco Molinari, Justin Rose, Tyrrell Hatton, Tommy Fleetwood, Jon Rahm, Rory McIlroy, Alex Noren and Thorbjorn Olesen

4 wildcards to be announced on wednesday, i think there will be one surprise pick, and it will be a French golfer to have some home nation participation, in the race to dubai/european order of merit the top placed French lad is Levy Alexander

Will Poults get the nod, Stenson, Sergio, Matt Wallace, Fitzpatrick, Cabrera bello, Casey, Knox , Westwood , Pieters, or a few others very tough for Bjorn

USA have

Furyk as captain

He has Dustin Johnson, Reed, Koepka, Fowler,Watson, Speith Thomas, Bubba and Simpson,

He has four picks as well, but a huge pool to pick from Dechambeau is on fire right now and for me nailed on, would you risk Woods who is a vice captain , not great in team USA, Mickleson a bit like Woods in this event, but the younger lads in the USA top money lists are more consistent than either of them and probably unlike most US teams will give it more harmony that they never have like ours do
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Re: 2018 Ryder Cup , Paris , 28/29/30 september

Post by mumbles87 »

sicknote wrote:Europe have

Francesco Molinari, Justin Rose, Tyrrell Hatton, Tommy Fleetwood, Jon Rahm, Rory McIlroy, Alex Noren and Thorbjorn Olesen

4 wildcards to be announced on wednesday, i think there will be one surprise pick, and it will be a French golfer to have some home nation participation, in the race to dubai/european order of merit the top placed French lad is Levy Alexander

Will Poults get the nod, Stenson, Sergio, Matt Wallace, Fitzpatrick, Cabrera bello, Casey, Knox , Westwood , Pieters, or a few others very tough for Bjorn

USA have

Furyk as captain

He has Dustin Johnson, Reed, Koepka, Fowler,Watson, Speith Thomas, Bubba and Simpson,

He has four picks as well, but a huge pool to pick from Dechambeau is on fire right now and for me nailed on, would you risk Woods who is a vice captain , not great in team USA, Mickleson a bit like Woods in this event, but the younger lads in the USA top money lists are more consistent than either of them and probably unlike most US teams will give it more harmony that they never have like ours do
for me the captains picks for us need to be
Poulter
Stenson
Pieters
RCB

RCB is in fine form. Poutler is just himself.. lets be honest.. Stenson experience.. Pieters is class

I would not take Garcia.. has been crap since he moved to callaway.. missed every major cut
Casey id leave.. massive bottle job and a bit of a dick

also with my 4 that is 4 experienced players... they say you dont want too many rookies ..we have a few but that are of a different class to last time.. Rahm for example
SoulCircus
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 89 likes

Post by SoulCircus »

Got to have Wallace as a wildcard, pick the players in the best form.

BTW Prediction Comp WILL be running for this one...
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Post by sicknote »

SoulCircus wrote:Got to have Wallace as a wildcard, pick the players in the best form.

BTW Prediction Comp WILL be running for this one...
start a seperate thread for it, this forum is designed and should have multiple threads for events and not combine all of one sport in one thread, and cheers
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Last ever proper Ryder Cup this? Come the next one us Brits will have to cheer against both flags.

As usual the yanks have the depth of talent, but recent form has been on the European side, particularly outside of the states.

About the only time I get excited about golf, this. If anyone's brave they should play the "get in the hole" drinking game. Paramedics on standby. Much safer when played in Europe though.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Post by sicknote »

Dell technologies final day today, hatton and rose in the shake up, Dechambeau in final pairing, Woods playing well today 24th in fed ex , Mickelson in the top ten of fed ex after today so far , of the americans one player ive liked this year and playing well at boston is Tony Finau, no other yanks are making headway today though, which opens the door for woods and mickelson as wildcards imo
r99c
Has liked: 704 likes
Total likes: 396 likes

Post by r99c »

sendô wrote:Last ever proper Ryder Cup this? Come the next one us Brits will have to cheer against both flags.

As usual the yanks have the depth of talent, but recent form has been on the European side, particularly outside of the states.

About the only time I get excited about golf, this. If anyone's brave they should play the "get in the hole" drinking game. Paramedics on standby. Much safer when played in Europe though.
If you're referring to Brexit, no chance imo that that would affect this tournament :scarfer:
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

sendô wrote:Last ever proper Ryder Cup this? Come the next one us Brits will have to cheer against both flags.

we arent actually leaving the continent of europe, we will still be part of of the european tour.. champions league... uefa cup.. euro championship
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Post by sicknote »

This final day in boston is superb

The top 12 players are within 2 shots of the 4 leaders of which 2 are european and looking for a wildcard in hatton and cabrera bello

Mexico argentina have players in the mix too, should be a cracking nights golf

Furyk and bjorn must be scratching their heads with the players performing that arent qualified outright
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

sicknote wrote:This final day in boston is superb

The top 12 players are within 2 shots of the 4 leaders of which 2 are european and looking for a wildcard in hatton and cabrera bello

Mexico argentina have players in the mix too, should be a cracking nights golf

Furyk and bjorn must be scratching their heads with the players performing that arent qualified outright
Hatton won’t need a wild card he already got his place
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Post by sicknote »

Sorry, got a bit carried away , typing quick, rose is having a mad round 4 bogies 3 birdies and a par so far

Cabrera bello goes into the lead
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

sicknote wrote:Sorry, got a bit carried away , typing quick, rose is having a mad round 4 bogies 3 birdies and a par so far

Cabrera bello goes into the lead
RCB is a must pick. Brings experience plus form
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Post by sicknote »

Agreed he has to play, i think Hatton and poulter would be a great pairing, and theyd rattle any US pair they played with their enthusiasm and london accents digging the opposition out

Rory in the mix now :thup:
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Post by sicknote »

Furyk has picked
Dechambeau, Mickleson and woods

To go with

Rickie Fowler, jordan speith, bubba watson , dustin johnson, webb simpson, brooks koepks patrick reed and justin thomas

Sept 10th he picks his last pick
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 874 likes
Total likes: 855 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

No surprises with Furyk's picks so far. Individually, USA are going to have a very strong team, as is normally the case we need to rack up the points on Days 1 and 2.

For Europe, Bjorn should be looking at Stenson, Pieters, Poulter and one other, maybe a rookie such as Wallace.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

mumbles87 wrote: we arent actually leaving the continent of europe, we will still be part of of the european tour.. champions league... uefa cup.. euro championship
Row X
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Row X »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:No surprises with Furyk's picks so far. Individually, USA are going to have a very strong team, as is normally the case we need to rack up the points on Days 1 and 2.

For Europe, Bjorn should be looking at Stenson, Pieters, Poulter and one other, maybe a rookie such as Wallace.
I think he cannot pick a rookie... there are already quite a few that have automatically qualifed, they will need people who have seen it all before.

Think he will throw the form book out the window and pick Sergio just for the knowledge he can pass on to the rookies.
GPP
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by GPP »

Poulter, Garcia, Stenson, and Casey...

I would have taken Stenson and Poulter or Garcia, not both. Certainly wouldn’t have had Casey either. RCB should definitely be in.

That said, now 100% behind them all.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 874 likes
Total likes: 855 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Garcia gets the nod - along with Poulter, Stenson and Casey

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/45408328

Pieters can count himself unlucky as can Wallace who is in top form. Garcia has missed every Major cut this season and Casey is a strange choice.

We'll see in a couple of weeks and I would love to be proved wrong but I think Bjorn has lost the Wildcard battle with Furyk.
Upminster Hammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Upminster Hammer »

really happy with those Europe wildcard picks. Can't wait now.....