Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WCpete
Has liked: 1496 likes
Total likes: 3194 likes

Re: Boxing thread

Post by WCpete »

Not sure who The dude Fury just fought is but he’s going to want to reconsider his career option. That was a very painful clinic by Fury. He took a page from Ali’s book the way he was ducking punches. Must have been 7 or 8 punches in a row he completely dodged.

Would the big boys all get to fighting now and stop this nonsensical fighting of cream puffs? Just get it done. If one of them loses then get back in a do it again.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

Bloody love Fury!
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

S-H wrote:Bloody love Fury!
Dont know what it is with him, but I do too. I think he is good news and he makes me laugh as well
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Think he is just a normal bloke, seems to have a lot of time for fans, seems to appreciate where he is in a privileged position as such, in today's pr image world, he is just him, bit outspoken, does some mad things like the singing but just seems like a fun guy who is the best heavyweight on the planet

And underneath he is a top bloke

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3687 likes
Total likes: 2405 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Personally I dislike this modern trend of over the top, apparant ‘good sportsmanship’ you see now after fights. If I was Schwarz I’d have told them all to f*** off, bowling up mob handed, patronizing him and whistling at his missus, all on camera.

I like Fury and he probably thinks it’s showing class but it isn’t. I didn’t like the way he performed after the Wilder fight either, blowing smoke up Wilder’s arse. Well OTT. To be fair they all do it now.

Superb performance in the ring though. Lit the gaff up. :thup:
Last edited by Morocco Mole on Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Think all sport has gone that way though, football too, it's a job at the end of the day. Both got a great pay day out of it, Schwarz will never make figures like that again
WCpete
Has liked: 1496 likes
Total likes: 3194 likes

Post by WCpete »

I did like Fury’s Apollo Creed get up. Just missing the top hat.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Love Fury, but can’t enjoy watching him in too many fights like that. Done the job in getting him huge exposure again in America before the Wilder rematch
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Fury boxed beautifully but it can't be ignored how s**t Schwarz is, Gashi was smashing him about all over the place prior to the ridiculous disqualification.

The switch hitting is beautiful to watch and I love his confidence and movement but when Fury tried that against Wilder he got put on his backside and then stopped doing it, that's his only downfall, if he gets too complacent, although he was robbed it cost him against Wilder.

I hope the next opponent is a step up, getting one of Pulev, Bryan or Charr out of the equation would be good, the same with Parker too, there's a lot of beatable s**t that could clog up and delay or even ruin the division enjoying a golden era so we need them gone. I'm not a huge heavyweight fan but having the likes of Joshua, Fury, Wilder, Whyte, Ruiz and Usyk fighting each other with the number of prospects coming up would be brilliant. Hgovic, Joyce, Yoka, Hunter, maybe Dubois and Gorman all look decent enough and could soon be banging on the door.

I still maintain that of all the active heavyweights Joshua and Chisora have the highest ratio of quality opponents on their records, it shouldn't be forgotten.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Chisora losses every time he fights anyone half decent, he has about ten losses, he is a bit of a plodder

Not really got who Joshua has faced either, it's why most people could see it coming maybe not Ruiz but someone

Parker, ref was a joke totally stopped Parker getting inside like Ruiz did
Klit broken after Fury and retired
Potvekin about 40 and off the roids

Breazdale, Molina and Takam aren't really elite operators

Who else is there really on his CV

Fury

Gone to a legendary champions back yard against Klitschko and performed a masterclass, basically broke him
Wilder three years out the ring, miles over weight comes back and beats him/draw
He basically abused Chisora for the length in lasted, Chisora retired on his stool, Fury was just switching and making a mockery of him and this was Chisora of a few years ago
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

I get what you're saying but Chisora has put himself in with top drawer opponents on a high number of occasions, Wilder certainly can't say the same for most of his fights. Granted Chisora lost a lot but it's a mad list,

Prime Haye
Fury x 2
Vitali
Helenius
Undefeated version of Scott (Philly fighter! :lol:)
Whyte x 2
Pulev
Takam
A decent version of Kevin Johnson
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

I fancy a punt on Connor Benn's opponent tonight as Benn is awful but the odds aren't good enough
twixy
Has liked: 1 like

Post by twixy »

fmgod wrote:I fancy a punt on Connor Benn's opponent tonight as Benn is awful but the odds aren't good enough
First thing i done this morning was look at the odds ha ha Koivula is 11/4 to win and 9/2 by KO. Benn is dreadful and will get stopped sooner or later.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Conor Benn wins.

Second round KO.

I hope neither of you put up for that one!
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

No, odds were too short for me(the bookies seem aware he isn't great), probably a good thing, when the time comes and he steps up a bit more again be time to lump on him losing.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Love how Benn has had a nice contract with Reebok for ages already. Wonder how many other fighters of his ability and experience have that.

And his Instagram feed is properly embarrassing
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Benn is a KO waiting to happen, he's being fed opponents that are there to make him look good, once he steps up he's getting stopped, not beaten on points, stopped.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Pacquiao-Thurman on July 20th have agreed to no VADA testing, can't wait to see the condition of these two come fight night :lol:
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1037 likes

Post by stu1 »

Surely Thurman should be dispatching of Pac relatively comfortably now?
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

You'd think so, I'm more confused it's a PPV here at 3am, surely be lucky if it does 1000 buys