Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Re: Boxing thread

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Billy Joe Saunders has reportedly failed a drugs test for the banned substance oxilofrine.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

It's Ingle gym, they are all on gear and substances, Ingle himself too, look at them all bang to rights., Also explain Brook last minute pulling off the card and Saunders constant "injuries"

Makes me wonder if that's why Adam Booth has been quiet, he won't get involved in anything dodgy, seems very principled.
York Ham(mer)

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Groves vs Smith takes place at King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Friday 28 September. Ring walks are expected at approximately 9pm BST.

The fight will be available to watch live through ITV Box Office for the price of £16:95 with their coverage beginning at 6pm. You can hear commentary on talkSPORT.

On the undercard: Chris Eubank Jr vs JJ McDonagh

—-

Eubank Jr bt McDonagh when McDonagh doesn’t come out for the 4th round. A mismatch but an unexpected finish.

Wow! Smith KO Groves in the 7th. Smith catches Groves with a lefthander and piles into Groves in the corner. Groves down onto a knee and the ref counts him out.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Great win for Smith, must be dreadful and sad to win it out there though. Think Groves totally underestimated the power of Smith, I think they knew he had a bit of a dig but were surprising at the actual power
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Didn't like that rabbit punch when Groves was on his knees, I felt for Groves a bit, Smith could dominate that division now, he's huge for that weight. What the hell the fight was taking place out there for I don't know.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Money, money, money is why it was out there. Even Hearn and co normally jumping around etc looked on edge when they had won, as if they didn't want to upset the host country and end up losing an arm
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Nesticles wrote: Fury though, potentially, will make them load up and miss a lot, resulting in them wasting a lot of energy. He has the handspeed and better footwork too, if he stopped either of them late it wouldn’t come as a huge surprise to me
That's exactly how I see it. Fury doesn't want to waste energy trading, he's not that great at it either, he knows what he needs to do and I think he will execute it superbly against Wilder.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3677 likes
Total likes: 2383 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

I’ve never particularly rated Groves so no big shock that defeat for me. Callum Smith looked very big at the weight. Too big for Groves who tends to leave his chin in the air and is quite easy to hit.

The size of Smith makes a fight with Ward quite intriguing.
Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Slacking student »

Morocco Mole wrote:I’ve never particularly rated Groves so no big shock that defeat for me. Callum Smith looked very big at the weight. Too big for Groves who tends to leave his chin in the air and is quite easy to hit.

The size of Smith makes a fight with Ward quite intriguing.
Which is why it'll never happen unfortunately. Ward is praying Bellew gets past Usyk so he can have a comeback fight at Wembley for a fortune
York Ham(mer)

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Canelo Alvarez to move up to super middleweight to fight Rocky Fielding for his WBA Regular Super Middleweight Title in New York on 15 December. That surprised me a bit.
York Ham(mer)

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Watching Daniel Dubois unload on Kevin Johnson. A step up in class for Debois even if Johnson is in the tail end of his career. We’ve got past round eight, way further than Dubois has gone before. Dubois is taken the distance by Johnson and wins on points 100-91. Definitely a training fight that one.

Six rounds so far of a very cagey fight between Catterall and Davies. A wretched fight. Hard to score this one. Dreadful fight.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Davies is no more than a domestic level fighter, an IFLTV mouthpiece.
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Inoue made the perfect start in the WBSS Bantamweight Tournament...
Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Slacking student »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:Inoue made the perfect start in the WBSS Bantamweight Tournament...
Yet Ryan Burnett is the top seed :shock:
York Ham(mer)

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Billy Joe Saunders vs Demetrius Andrademay is off. The boxing commission in Massachusetts refused to give BJS a licence for the fight.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Inoue looks seriously special, I don't think anyone is going to enjoy themselves in the ring with him
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2651 likes
Total likes: 1196 likes

Post by EvilC »

York Ham(mer) wrote:Billy Joe Saunders vs Demetrius Andrademay is off. The boxing commission in Massachusetts refused to give BJS a licence for the fight.
What a twat.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Looks like he is going to lose his belt too
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Injuries, cancellations, inactivity, and now this

Time to file Saunders alongside Brook in the British wasted talent and career category

Rate Saunders very highly too
englebert

Post by englebert »

I keep reading conflicting things on the BJS story. Apparently he is ok to take whatever that drug is as long as its not the day of the fight. And the BBBoC and VADA agree? But the Americans wont give him a licence. and now their American contender will get an easier fight for the vacant title once BJS is stripped. Seems iffy to me.

Surely the WBO cannot strip him if that is the case.

Maybe i am understanding this incorrectly