Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

ironstu

Re: Boxing thread

Post by ironstu »

Yeah very surprised at that, thought they'd put him on the undercard of Brook-Spence. He's not good enough to warrant headlining an 02 show, unless it's a rematch with Chisora, which is unlikely given Chisora is taking the Helenius rematch.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

fmgod wrote:Dillian Whyte headlining London O2 show June 3rd against a big name, needs to be a bleeding big name as Whyte is bang average
I love Whyte. Not the greatest to watch, but he comes across quite well and he tells it how it is in interviews and doesn't seem to care about his Sky/Matchroom link up.

Agreed though, it needs to be a huge name. Possibly Wilder? Could help to build up a Joshua fight I guess
NottingHammer6
Has liked: 1 like

Post by NottingHammer6 »

Wilder would eat Whyte alive
Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Slacking student »

Whyte Wilder would be a good fight. Maybe a bit early for Whyte who I'd love to see back in with Chisora.

In other news, Mikael Kessler has come out of retirement and Carl Froch has been spotted on the pads again at the EIS in Sheffield.

FrochKessler3 anyone? For me it's a no but I'd like to see either of them against GGG
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

I wouldn't want to see Froch back. Certainly not for.them to f*** each other up again. I don't think we have anything more to.learn about those two.fighting each other.

As Froch is so fond of telling us, he doesn't need the money, be bad to see him back in a fight that won't exactly be a major draw
ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Post by ooh look who it is »

Sky Box Office. Eddie already all over that :D
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Froch has recently had his nose fixed, can't see him being up for this.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 112 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Andre Ward vs. Sergey Kovalev in June
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

So part 2 of that battle then
twixy
Has liked: 1 like

Post by twixy »

Decent fight this weekend, I fancy Williams to shock a lot of people and beat smith.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

You would have to fancy Ward wide on points next time against Kovalev. I thought Kovalev won the first fight (knockdown probably edged it in his favour).

Agree with you Twixy, got a feeling he might even stop Smith. For a domestic fight it's a really good one. Hopefully Warren can find a way to not mess this up and put on a good showing with BT Sport.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Liam Smith comes in 2lb over so can't win title tomorrow night, didn't bother reweighing, Frank Warren's face is a picture once he realises Smith is heavy
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Poor from Smith.
Slacking student

Smith Williams at the moment. Currently in the 9th and I've got Williams up 6-2 though Smith seems to be coming on strong
Slacking student

Williams just been pulled out due to a horrendous cut, caused what looks like a very deliberate head clash. Smith is a lucky boy
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Couldn't make weight and using his head illegally, absolute disgrace if you ask me.

Did anyone see the Dubois fight? Laughable, it's that the best they could find him? :lol:
Slacking student

Jumby wrote:Couldn't make weight and using his head illegally, absolute disgrace if you ask me.

Did anyone see the Dubois fight? Laughable, it's that the best they could find him? :lol:
I'm mixed on this one as it was obviously a butt however as Ricky Hatton once said "it's not a tickling contest" if you can get away with it why wouldn't a fighter do it. Up to the ref to call it properly.

Didn't get to see the Dubois fight but saw an image that made Piers Morgan look in shape, cannon fodder as usual for a prospect.

Also watched Lomachenko Sosa as well, he must be close to P4P no1 right now. Would love to see him against Garcia though Lomachenko in my opinion wipes the floor with him
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Yes it's not a tickling contest but it's also not a bar room brawl. The fight was stopped not because Liam Smith was better with his fists but because he opened up a cut on his opponent by headbutting him, it's just plain wrong and nothing Ricky Hatton or anyone else says can chang that.

I hope there's a rematch, I hope this time Smith can make weight (which again was a joke), and I hope Williams finishes him off this time, I believe he was winning and was robbed by Spider Rico tactics.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2659 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

So the fat **** fails to make the weight and then wins with what looks like an intentional headbutt? It keeps him off the dole, I suppose.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Lomachenko really is something special isn't he!