Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Nesticles

Re: Boxing thread

Post by Nesticles »

Boxers rarely go into fights 100%. If something was wrong with Joshua, one of the choir boys for Sky like Hearn, Nelson, Froch, Bellew would be all over Sky Sports News reminding you about it every hour

On the night, Ruiz Jr was just the better fighter and beat up Joshua until he wanted no more.
Patito

Post by Patito »

fmgod wrote:Smith was fighting an absolute no -one, same with Buatsi
Oh right, guess they're **** then.

Can only beat what's in front of you and they both did that emphatically, I wouldn't say they were fighting nobodies. I'm sure you could knock them all out though.

You'll see how far Buatsi gets....
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9651 likes

Post by S-H »

fmgod wrote:Smith was fighting an absolute no -one, same with Buatsi
So was Joshua...
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Patito wrote:
Oh right, guess they're **** then.

Can only beat what's in front of you and they both did that emphatically, I wouldn't say they were fighting nobodies. I'm sure you could knock them all out though.

You'll see how far Buatsi gets....
Well they're crap that's why the odds were so mad, Smith needs a proper fight now,, time to step up and test himself.

Buatsi is slightly different as he is still only about 10 fights in, it's hard to tell how Buatsui will do tell they need to get him in against a semi-decent opponent in a few fights time, It's fine beating no-ones, Price done that and everyone thought he was going to be great.

It's Kell Brook all over again a record of 37-0 and with pretty much all of them being no-ones, steps up and gets hammered

It shows how well managed Ricky Burns was by Warren they protected him massively, as soon as he fought a few good fighters it showed his level
Patito

Post by Patito »

Buatsi isn't crap
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Patito wrote:Buatsi isn't crap
Never said he was, said his opponents were, we won't know how good Buatsi is till he faces some semi-decent opponents in a few fights time then we can start properly judging him, at the minute he is 1/100 on every fight and expected to win a canter, doesn't prove anything really.
Patito

Post by Patito »

fmgod wrote: Never said he was, said his opponents were, we won't know how good Buatsi is till he faces some semi-decent opponents in a few fights time then we can start properly judging him, at the minute he is 1/100 on every fight and expected to win a canter, doesn't prove anything really.
I think you mis-read my first response....

Ok please can you let me know when I'm allowed to rate him then :D
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

When he beats someone semi-decent, he is already 26, when he gets in with a Hughie Fury, Chisora, Jennings, Joyce, just someone who stands a bit of a chance of winning, that's when I think the hype gets more real, winning 1/100 on fights means nothing to me.
Mille Miglia 1991
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Mille Miglia 1991 »

fmgod wrote:When he beats someone semi-decent, he is already 26, when he gets in with a Hughie Fury, Chisora, Jennings, Joyce, just someone who stands a bit of a chance of winning, that's when I think the hype gets more real, winning 1/100 on fights means nothing to me.
Cor...we’ll have to wait bloody ages to judge him then if we got to wait until he fights opponents two weight divisions higher than himself.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Who the bleeding hell am I thinking of then,,, just double checked I'm wrong, was convinced he was a heavyweight. Apologies
Faliraki Hammer
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Faliraki Hammer »

I don't get all of the Joshua hate. He hasn't himself come out making excuses - he said he was beaten by the better fighter on the night. Before that he has beaten everyone put in front of him - handpicked or not. The only 2 people he could have fought are Fury or Wilder, for whatever reason, that didn't/hasn't happened. Perhaps its because he isn't ready to face them - they have far more experience.

Personally, I think something was wrong with him. Robot or not he has enough about him to beat Ruiz (who is no mug btw). I think he will work his way back and this defeat could be the making of him when he looks back on his career.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

AJ triggers rematch clause, so Ruiz vs Joshua 2 in Nov/Dec
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Wonder what the conspiracy theories will be if Ruiz beats him up again
twixy
Has liked: 1 like

Post by twixy »

Not that I want him to, but shouldn't Ruiz vacate his IBF for taking the rematch and not a mandatory? Just like Tyson Fury was.......
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2656 likes
Total likes: 1196 likes

Post by EvilC »

Nesticles wrote:Wonder what the conspiracy theories will be if Ruiz beats him up again
If I were Eddie Hearn I'd go with something similar to John Lyall's "it was a warm night for February" after we got turfed out of the FA Cup by lower division opposition (again).
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9651 likes

Post by S-H »

twixy wrote:Not that I want him to, but shouldn't Ruiz vacate his IBF for taking the rematch and not a mandatory? Just like Tyson Fury was.......
That's what I was thinking.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Not a huge Hearn fan, but whether it be ‘step aside’ money or asking for an exception, you would fancy him to ensure all the belts were on the line again in the rematch. Ruiz also has a slick team around him, Al Haymon is like a god to his fighters.

If it was someone like Hennessy (who Fury was with at the time) or even Warren, you would be far less confident
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Be interesting how this gets played out as in essence, Hearn is attempting to play in the big boy's leagues of Al Haymon, whether it actually happens, where it happens, who gets paid what, what is on the line
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Warrington vs Galahad tonight on BT not PPV, should be a reasonable scrap, Galahad is slippy and with Ingle the lunatic roid head in his corner. Atmosphere being Leeds should be lively too
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Any streams