Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Re: Boxing thread

Post by fmgod »

Haye meant to be injured again, be interesting if it will stay on or he will box for the cash, I'm guessing the cash like last time
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Decent from Jacobs last night, the bloke can box. In the battle of the flab, Miller stopped Wach, I'd fancy Whyte to beat him on points, what a **** fight it would be though.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

badabing wrote:Impressive from Taylor tonight, you can't argue with stopping a guy who's never been stopped in 44 previous.
Taylor is the real deal, he is going to go far. You can see why Hearn didn't let Ricky Burns anywhere near him after Taylor beat Davies.

The Glenn Foot and Josh Leather fight on BT was quality, unfortunately the Smith Williams fight was very poor compared to their first. Some of the scorecards (again) even worse.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2625 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Can anyone that watch the second Smith/Williams fight this weekend give me their view on who should have won? Cheers. :thup:
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

It was a close fight, a lot of the rounds were close and could have gone either way

114-114 or one/two rounds to tip it to either fighter would have been a good scorecard

The two scorecards for Smith were far too wide
twixy
Has liked: 1 like

Post by twixy »

I thought Smith probably nicked it, and I was cheering for Williams, the scorecards were terrible though. Don't even get me started on the Foot result.....
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

Thanks Gents. :thup:
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Have just seen a clip of Tyson Fury doing some ring work in a gym. Fat is not the right word, whale probably is.

Forgot the link: Tyson Fury back in the ring - via Twitter.
Last edited by York Ham(mer) on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Was surfing and decided to look up Ernie Shavers ko's on youtube. I saw that he had been knocked out in the first round by Jerry Quarry, which was surprising to me. Clicked on the video to see what happened. What a fantastic video. Floyd Patterson, Ali, Frazier and Foreman all get into the ring for acknowledgement, the latter 3 in the prime of their careers. What a division that was then, and what a pre fight show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyBpm4vHeRQ
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Can't see how Garcia lost by so many points to Frampton. I felt Garcia could have won
Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Slacking student »

Yep very close fight but I thought to myself there's no way if this goes to the cards Garcia is getting the decision.

The Conlon Ancajas was brutal, Ancajas looks exceptional.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Ancajas looked special, but wasn't Conlon injured? He went down very strangely in the first. Frampton looked rusty.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Frampton looked gassed after about six rounds but just about did enough. It was a decent, close fight against a big, tough opponent.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

The second time around, does anyone really care about Haye v Bellew?
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

Jumby wrote:The second time around, does anyone really care about Haye v Bellew?
Did anyone care first time around?
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

I think the fact that they are two mouthy dickheads sold the first one, people were interested and people wanted to see a big knockout. What we got was Haye gassing himself out halfway through, getting injured and Bellew seemingly taking an eternity to knockout a knackered bloke, in his mid 30's, with one fully functional leg. I don't like either but I'd love to see Bellew get an absolute hiding, something many other heavyweights would be able to deliver if he was serious about being a heavyweight.
twixy

Post by twixy »

Haye Bellew 2 is off according to reports. David needs to retire, up there with one of the best Cruisers ever produced. Unfortunately the past few years his body has let him down.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Needs the money, he is constantly injured, no one recovers from the type of injury he had
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Considering Hearn's a top thief who operates a 'no-refund' policy, you can expect there will be some form of a replacement for Haye to ensure this card happens
twixy

Post by twixy »

Nesticles wrote:Considering Hearn's a top thief who operates a 'no-refund' policy, you can expect there will be some form of a replacement for Haye to ensure this card happens
Apparently not. He is actually offering refunds and the fight is going to be rescheduled. Looks like the whole card is off.