Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Re: Boxing thread

Post by Jumby »

Haha, cheers pal :wink:
mjustincredible
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by mjustincredible »

Yeah good assessment that of the heavyweight division - it's nowhere near the 70s peak, Ali, Fraser, Foreman, Holmes, Norton - and that's only naming a few!

Nice wins for Warrington and Burnett last night.

Subscribe to this channel on youtube -
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2AwUC ... 5sg/videos
he puts up all the fights pretty much from Boxnation/Sky/Dave/ITV within hours of them happening so I like to catch up on Sunday's and so very useful to do so :thup:
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

I can see Joe Joyce getting a British title shot by early next year, Sam Sexton won it the other week in a boring points win over Gary Cornish, surely the likes of Joyce, Dubois and Allen are in line for him. I hope Allen avenges his defeat against Thomas this weekend, I see he's taking things a bit more seriously now and has got himself in good shape, good to see, I'm fed up with these flabby heavyweights gassing out after 6 rounds.
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

Thought Joe Joyce looked quality against Lewison. Annoys me that they talk about him as a young up and coming prospect though. Yes it was his pro debut, but hes 32 years old. No choice but to move him through the levels quickly if's going to be competing at World level while in his "prime". Lewison was awful though, I can't believe how someone who's life is boxing, all he has to do is train every day, can be so unfit. For me it shows such a a lack of respect for the sport.
twixy
Has liked: 1 like

Post by twixy »

Typical matchroom scorecards last weekend. How an earth did Stephen Ormond not get the decision..?? It was a disgrace.

And what a joke this weeks PPV is turning into. Sky were advertising this line up at one point.

AJ v Pulev
Whyte v Breazele
yafai v Ishida
Buglioni v Johnson
Thomas v Allen

Only the Yafai fight is happening. Imagine if you had bought tickets thinking you were seeing that show and 4 fights are changed and they are not offering refunds.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

ironstu wrote:I can't believe how someone who's life is boxing, all he has to do is train every day, can be so unfit. For me it shows such a a lack of respect for the sport.
Tell me about it, I think that all the time when I watch heavyweights. I notice Dave Allen has finally realised that being a flabby tub of **** (in profesional sportsman terms) wasn't going to cut it and has finally got his act together, something he should have done before he even turned pro. For me, Allen's career starts now, but if he f**ks up against Thomas then I will write him off, I really hope he does a good job and pushes on, he could be good for the division and the sport.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

twixy wrote:
Only the Yafai fight is happening. Imagine if you had bought tickets thinking you were seeing that show and 4 fights are changed and they are not offering refunds.
I've had tickets for Warren fights with major card changes and even he offers refunds

Hearn has an army of Matchroom/Sky fanboys that he gets away with robbing blind. All the people who bought these tickets in a hope to make profit are struggling too, as all the hotels in Cardiff and booked up so nobody wants the tickets especially considering the collapse of the event. Serves them all right, a promotional company working with StubHub is disgusting
twixy
Has liked: 1 like

Post by twixy »

Nesticles wrote:
I've had tickets for Warren fights with major card changes and even he offers refunds

Hearn has an army of Matchroom/Sky fanboys that he gets away with robbing blind. All the people who bought these tickets in a hope to make profit are struggling too, as all the hotels in Cardiff and booked up so nobody wants the tickets especially considering the collapse of the event. Serves them all right, a promotional company working with StubHub is disgusting
Totally agree. Complete disgrace.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

I'm really excited about the future fight between Lee Selby and Josh Warrington. I remember Selby saying he went to watch Warrington fight before and a load of Leeds fans set on him, pushing him, throwing beer over him etc. and obviously since then Warrington turned down the chance to fight for his belt, over a year ago, because he didn't think the bruises on his face would go down in time for his wedding, that was about 5 weeks after the proposed fight date. All that big talk from Warrington and he gets offered a World title shot and bottles it. I hope he gets completely outclassed by the boy from Barry, his only hope is to KO Selby and he hasn't got the power to do that, and he hasn't got the ability to outbox him.
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

Agree that Selby wins that fight with relative ease. He'll be way too tricky for Warrington who I think is well over-hyped. Would love to see Frampton-Selby on the other hand.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Poor old Dave Allen.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Joshua weighs in at 18st 2lb, Takam at 16st 11lb. Joshua piling on the weight. :|

Undercard starts at 7pm. Joshua v Takam to take place at approximately 10pm.
Last edited by York Ham(mer) on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

I just don't think Takam will be able to handle getting hit hard for more than four or five rounds, and he's never going to KO Joshua. Complete mismatch, a real shame too.
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

Anyone care to share a stream?
Bobby Moore Out
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by Bobby Moore Out »

http://streamshunter.tv/boxing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
York Ham(mer)

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Whyte wins a dreadful fight, Helenius didn’t seem interested.
York Ham(mer)

Post by York Ham(mer) »

OK, we’re off. Don’t blink!
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

York Ham(mer) wrote:OK, we’re off. Don’t blink!
Might be interesting, AJ's nose probably broken in a head clash.
York Ham(mer)

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Bet that made Joshua blink!
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Gone far longer than anyone suggested, Joshua looks knackered to be honest though has probably won every round, perhaps carrying all that weight is not a good idea.