Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

Bobby Orangeboom

Re: Boxing thread

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

GeorgeParris'Pet wrote: You mean they guy who mouthed off about beating Eubank and then got battered an retired? Isn't he an actor now?
Yep that's him, he was absolutely blind drunk & had the potential to be a complete Pest, was with a right Div looking Fella aswell who i assumed to be some kind of Agent/Manager/Lemon...
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

March 8th at O2 might be interesting Hayes (Bermondsey hence a few Millwall followers,) V Maccenali (Swansea) and Mitchell (West Ham) also on the undercard , take your umbrella for flying chairs :lol:
Bobby Orangeboom

cockney farmer wrote:March 8th at O2 might be interesting Hayes (Bermondsey hence a few Millwall followers,) V Maccenali (Swansea) and Mitchell (West Ham) also on the undercard , take your umbrella for flying chairs :lol:
You mean the same March the 8th as T*ttenham V West Ham & Swansea V Millwall ????

Gospel ****ing truth.

You couldn't make it up if you wanted to !!! :lol: :lol:
hudds town hammer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by hudds town hammer »

GeorgeParris'Pet wrote: You mean they guy who mouthed off about beating Eubank and then got battered an retired? Isn't he an actor now?
loosing to Eubanks nothing to be ashamed of . he plays a good part in dead mans shoes . if you havent seen it i"d recomend it
leeo272

Post by leeo272 »

So who else stayed up for the Jones v Trinidad fight on Setanta this mornizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I should have jacked it in after Golota. Now that was a fight.

Best wishes to Colin Lynes for Friday at Goresbrook too. C'mon son!
sgt_squirrel

Post by sgt_squirrel »

leeo272 wrote:So who else stayed up for the Jones v Trinidad fight on Setanta this mornizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
here, for those who want to watch it
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 760 likes

Post by Chavs »

leeo272 wrote:So who else stayed up for the Jones v Trinidad fight on Setanta this mornizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I should have jacked it in after Golota. Now that was a fight.

Best wishes to Colin Lynes for Friday at Goresbrook too. C'mon son!
Just got back from New York and Trinidad was staying in my hotel, i met him in the lobby and had a couple of photos done he seemed a proper nice fella and was really polite, i asked him for some spare tickets but he didnt really seem to speak much of he queens!!!! There must have been about 150 of his fans outside our hotel on the friday afternoon and they were have a wicked time playing music dancing loads of flags and stuff and he was out there signing autographs and having photos done

Top Bloke it would seem i was gutted he lost!
Bobby Orangeboom

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: You mean the same March the 8th as T*ttenham V West Ham & Swansea V Millwall ????

Gospel ****ing truth.

You couldn't make it up if you wanted to !!! :lol:
& still these dates remain the same...

Excellent spotting of the potential of trouble by the Police for that !!! :thup:
D&G

Post by D&G »

Ricky Hatton vs Juan Lazcano

Ricky Hatton

Total fights: 44
Wins: 43
Wins by KO: 32
Losses: 1
Draws: 0
~~~

Juan Lazcano

Total fights: 42
Wins: 37
Wins by KO: 27
Losses: 4
Draws: 1

---

Ricky Hatton is set to face Juan Lazcano for his big comeback fight after his lose the Floyd Mayweather jr.; the fight will be between 24th - 31st May 2008 depending on the stadium (Wembely or Manchester)

This fight will show if Ricky should retire if he loses, or possibly draws against the 32 year old hispanic or continue if he wins...

Ricky also stated that he isn't afraid of a challenge and said he would fight Mayweather again at Welterweight, it shows great heart though some will say he just hasn't learnt his lesson =p.

p.s he will also put his IBO Light Welterweight belt on the line...
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

D&G wrote:Ricky Hatton vs Juan Lazcano

Ricky Hatton

Total fights: 44
Wins: 43
Wins by KO: 32
Losses: 1
Draws: 0
~~~

Juan Lazcano

Total fights: 42
Wins: 37
Wins by KO: 27
Losses: 4
Draws: 1

---

Ricky Hatton is set to face Juan Lazcano for his big comeback fight after his lose the Floyd Mayweather jr.; the fight will be between 24th - 31st May 2008 depending on the stadium (Wembely or Manchester)

This fight will show if Ricky should retire if he loses, or possibly draws against the 32 year old hispanic or continue if he wins...

Ricky also stated that he isn't afraid of a challenge and said he would fight Mayweather again at Welterweight, it shows great heart though some will say he just hasn't learnt his lesson =p.

p.s he will also put his IBO Light Welterweight belt on the line...
just shows stupidity in my eyes, would surely only be looking for the payday as a more comprehensive schooling has rarely been seen last time out. Can't see Mayweather being that interested in it to be fair.
Browndog

Post by Browndog »

Not too sure what's going on as I only caught the end of a 'press conference' on Sky Sports News but it looks like Mayweather's got to get past the Big Show next...

Why would he get involved in that circus?
clarke

Post by clarke »

Browndog wrote:Not too sure what's going on as I only caught the end of a 'press conference' on Sky Sports News but it looks like Mayweather's got to get past the Big Show next...

Why would he get involved in that circus?
$20 million reportedly
Browndog

Post by Browndog »

f*** it then why not get involved!!
Neil's Orr

Post by Neil's Orr »

Absolutely no chaffing way Mayweather will be getting $20m .. that is just usual working of the media by old PT Barnum McMahon.

His payout will have a lot to do with the PPV buy rate.

It is an interesting concept, but the match will no doubt be a complete abortion ... hopefully better that the Ali v Inoki fight fromthe 70s but ***** none the less
Bobby Orangeboom

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: You mean the same March the 8th as T*ttenham V West Ham & Swansea V Millwall ????

Gospel ****ing truth.

You couldn't make it up if you wanted to !!! :lol:
They've switched Swansea V Millwall to this Friday night !! :wink:
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

You mean the same March the 8th as T*ttenham V West Ham & Swansea V Millwall ????

Gospel ****ing truth.

You couldn't make it up if you wanted to !!! :lol:[/quote]

They've switched Swansea V Millwall to this Friday night !! :wink:[/quote]

and us vs Spurs to sunday. I am seriously looking forward to this fight but the undercard is quite weak beyond the top three fights
D&G

Post by D&G »

I'm going to stick my neck out and say no contest Saturday. There is NO WAY a top 27yr old fighter can lose to a top 43yr old fighter just no way in hell.

The only chance Hopkins has is to floor Joe with a lucky punch inside 5rounds after that Joe's strength and age will show and eventually win the fight.
clarke

Post by clarke »

I would like Calzaghe to teach the **** a lesson, out box him 10-9 for at least 10 rounds with maybe a dominant 10-8 or a few inbetween, before knocking him out in the last 10 seconds to show the mouthy **** up
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Calzaghe v Hopkins Thread / Streams

Post by screech »

heres one of the first confirmed streams of tonights fight, when i find more i will post them if the thread dont get locked??

sopcast: sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/22260" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; BEN1 SPORTS
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

D&G wrote:I'm going to stick my neck out and say no contest Saturday. There is NO WAY a top 27yr old fighter can lose to a top 43yr old fighter just no way in hell..
Errr, Calzaghe is 36.