Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

Fionn

Re: Boxing thread

Post by Fionn »

Can't wait for tonight, what a day of sport it's been.
craigs uncle

Post by craigs uncle »

FloridaHammer wrote:No Mas
..ah words of the great roberto "fists of stone" now they were fighters
KierZ
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by KierZ »

well done ricky

unanimous victory
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

KierZ wrote:well done ricky

unanimous victory
He could have easily have lost if only Lazcano was not 16 months out of the ring and had a bigger punch. Paul Malignaggi has the speed but if possibly an even weaker puncher then Lazcano (broken hands or not!)
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

I thought it was a poor enough performance by Hatton to be honest. Not convincing at all.
west ham dancing shoes

Post by west ham dancing shoes »

Went to the Hatton fight on Saturday night, i thought it was a very sloppy and dangerous performance, he was far from convincing and was hurt on a few occasions looking for the knockout and continued to do so.

He will be too powerfull against Paul Malignaggi who is a total non-puncher and shouldnt have any problems there. After that if he chooses a re-match with Mayweather, im afraid he will have no chance and this imo is where Hatton will always come up short against a clever fighter.
sanchoz

Post by sanchoz »

west ham dancing shoes wrote:Went to the Hatton fight on Saturday night, i thought it was a very sloppy and dangerous performance, he was far from convincing and was hurt on a few occasions looking for the knockout and continued to do so.

He will be too powerfull against Paul Malignaggi who is a total non-puncher and shouldnt have any problems there. After that if he chooses a re-match with Mayweather, im afraid he will have no chance and this imo is where Hatton will always come up short against a clever fighter.
were everyone pissing themselves with laugther when Paulie's hair was being cut?
Cockney Rebel
Location: Isle of Dogs... with Manhattan in the background...

Post by Cockney Rebel »

west ham dancing shoes wrote:Went to the Hatton fight on Saturday night, i thought it was a very sloppy and dangerous performance, he was far from convincing and was hurt on a few occasions looking for the knockout and continued to do so.

Agreed mate, thought Hatton's performance was abit sloppy, also thought Lazcano would put up a better, more dangerous fight then he did.

I really hope Hatton don't go in again against Mayweather, them two could fight 50 times and Mayweather would win everytime in my opinion.
X-Hammer-X

Post by X-Hammer-X »

I went up to Manchester saturday, heres a few of my pics

We managed to climb over the barriers and get onto the ring with the press!
Got some good shots of Hatton

Jimothyjimjaroo

Post by Jimothyjimjaroo »

My Dad was a Boxer, my mother was a poodle.

I boxed for ten years they used to call me the rembrandt of the ring..... mainly due to the amount of time i spent on the canvas.

I was the only boxer with a cauliflower bum.

I used to bob and weave for the first five rounds by the end of the fight i had two wicker baskets and a handbag.

:lol:
X-Hammer-X

Post by X-Hammer-X »

:lol: :lol:
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Mayweather's quit ??

Hatton lined up to face De La Hoya instead ??

Iz it true as dis wot i iz ereing ??
KierZ

Post by KierZ »

yeh man dat iz dey bean sayin in d hood

on a serious not im not sure how hatton would fare against oscar.
im sure he is frustrated that he didnt get a second chance against mayweather not matter what we all think the outcome would be
sanchoz

Post by sanchoz »

KierZ wrote:yeh man dat iz dey bean sayin in d hood

on a serious not im not sure how hatton would fare against oscar.
im sure he is frustrated that he didnt get a second chance against mayweather not matter what we all think the outcome would be
Hatton was kidding himself if he thought he would beat Mayweather in a rematch but when your heart is not in it anymore why get your head punched in? Mayweather always said he had plenty of money from saving it and that he would retre on his own terms and he has done just that.

On Oscar, he is a quality fighter but does he have the hunger (No not the Anger/Hunger you need to play for West Ham) anymore?

Also after last night Pavlik vs Calzaghe would excite me more then Roy Jones Jr vs Calzaghe
sanchoz

Post by sanchoz »

Calzaghe vs Lacy on Nuts TV (Freeeview 42) right now!
KierZ

Post by KierZ »

207 for all the sky viewers
joe vs roy jones has been set for the 20th september
sanchoz

Post by sanchoz »

Taking my cue from a WHO thread:

Peters vs Klitschko this Saturday after the handbags of a press conference, Pavlik vs Hopkins a week on saturday, Williams and McDermont bear hugging each other on the 8th November with Whitter on the card from York Hall, Calzaghe beating Roy Jones Jr in Joe's curtian call, Khans comeback fight at the start of December, Froch fighting for a world title, Hatton knocking Malinaggi out and then there is the De la Hoya vs Pacquiao freakshow

Its a busy few months till the end of the year for boxing :wink:
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3635 likes
Total likes: 2319 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

sanchoz wrote:Taking my cue from a WHO thread:

Peters vs Klitschko this Saturday after the handbags of a press conference, Pavlik vs Hopkins a week on saturday, Williams and McDermont bear hugging each other on the 8th November with Whitter on the card from York Hall, Calzaghe beating Roy Jones Jr in Joe's curtian call, Khans comeback fight at the start of December, Froch fighting for a world title, Hatton knocking Malinaggi out and then there is the De la Hoya vs Pacquiao freakshow

Its a busy few months till the end of the year for boxing :wink:
I've got a bad feeling about Calzaghe. He looked spent against Hopkins, although Hopkins tends to make a fighter look bad. He's done the right thing by ignoring Pavlik for sure. I rate Froch and think 2009 could be his year. The De La Hoya fight is mad.....Pacquiao started out at fly weight :shock:
sgt_squirrel

Post by sgt_squirrel »

Anyone know what the O2 is like as a boxing venue?, considering going to the Haye fight next month, but i've heard mixed things about the O2.
sanchoz

Post by sanchoz »

For sure side stepping Pavlik was the smart choice. Pavlik would have done to Calzaghe what Joe did to Eubank. The "name" fighter that really launches you.

I like the Cobra as well. Lacy and Taylor really showed themselves up by avoiding him and now Froch can do the business. Pac Man I think will lose. The step up in weight will be huge and De La Hoya I think will have the edge when it comes to the tatical side of the fight, picking his punches better even though the golden boy should be thinking about calling it a day if he had any sense. However he could do a Mosley and knock the guy out in the final second (serves Mayorga right for gassing. Smoking 60 a day out of training wont help you!)

I forgot to mention above that Haye has his fight at the o2 as well. Lots of action going down!