Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1848 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Re: Boxing thread

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Groves unanimous on points, by decent margins too.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Groves absolutely bossed him, did everything he needed to. Jnr has two defeats now, both against the only top level opponents he's faced. Benavidez isn't going to give a payday, Traux will give DeGale the rematch, Groves and Smith or Brahmer won't give him another shot, just yet, he's got to go back to the drawing board.

Naseem saying he thinks jnr should quit :lol:
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Groves is a boxer, Eubank is an athlete, he won't beat the world's better boxers as he isn't a good enough boxer,
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 799 likes
Total likes: 3014 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Not a huge boxing fan but I enjoyed that fight .

A good scrap with Groves always on top .

Highlight of the evening though was looking at the state of Prince Naseem Hamed .

We now know for certain who ate all the pies.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

the pink palermo wrote:Highlight of the evening though was looking at the state of Prince Naseem Hamed .

We now know for certain who ate all the pies.
I was in Waitrose in Staines a good few years ago, when I noticed a small fat man clearly sizing me up as I turned down an aisle. Thought to myself, "who's this little pie-eating c*nt giving me the stink-eye?". Was only when I got closer I realised it was Hamed, and decided I'd perhaps best not take matters any further.

He was eating food he hadn't yet paid for, directly out of the plastic container and was sort of resting his paunch on the trolley.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

On the way back from Manchester now, that was a top performance from Groves. Made a mockery of the Eubank hype train.

Manchester is a proper city for the boxing, electric atmosphere. The Sauerlands deserve so much credit for what they are doing with the Super Series

Makes a nice change from the Sky boxing w**kfest
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 112 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Junior looked like an amateur. Easy night for Groves.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

If I was Groves I'd take proper time to recover, keep the belts, sit back and watch Eubank get beaten again, then go after the winner of the Traux and DeGale rematch. I can't see him being ready to face the winner of Smith v Brahmer, I think Smith will edge that and I would back him to beat Eubank jnr, which would be a beautiful thing.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Groves seemed optimistic in his recent interview that the injury won't be too bad after having an x-ray

Smith will stop Brahmer this weekend I reckon

There was enough in the Skoglund fight to give Groves plenty of confidence should it be a Groves v Smith final. Would be a cracker too
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

This weekend, next weekend is exactly what you want to see, the best fighting the best, full credit for the Saureland's for this, what the sport needs. They're planning a few more too
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

I think a fully fit Groves outpoints Smith, but if he's not 100% I'm not sure that shoulder would last 12 rounds with a fighter like Callum Smith. I hope it's alright, I have to say I really like Groves, he's bounced back from defeats well and people forget how young he was when he faced Froch. If he wins this I would love to see him in Vegas against Benavidez, fighting for the WBC belt, what a turn around that would be after losing the SD to Jack, everyone thought he was finished at that point.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

The worse thing Groves did was pair up with paddy fitzpatrick, absolutely clueless
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Braehmer is out

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/boxin ... oxing-News" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

So they bring in some unknown Dutch kickboxer?!

This tournament was doing oh so well until Groves' shoulder popped out. Going to be an interesting few months!
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

I knew Braehmer would be injured, he had to retire against Cleverly due to an elbow injury.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Braehmer is a bottle job, to be fair I suppose there is no chance of getting a top replacement at a weeks notice, shame really, Smith must be buzzing though, on paper a massively easier task to get to the final, the big problem I feel for him is he will be jumping up levels when he fights Groves and hasn't had a fight even three quarters of Groves level
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Haye has come across very humble in this recent presser, Bellew has tried hard to stoke it up, but I can't see there being as much bitterness now. Of Haye is fit he wins, massive if though.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 112 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Jumby wrote:I knew Braehmer would be injured, he had to retire against Cleverly due to an elbow injury.
He has flu apparently.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Braehmer has history for pulling out of fights, which won't help his case with this Smith fallout

Groves v Smith is going to be a cracker if injuries allow that fight to go ahead in the summer
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2651 likes
Total likes: 1196 likes

Post by EvilC »

Does anyone else fancy Groves?