Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Re: Boxing thread

Post by WHU Independent »

Any links for the fight please ? :)
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

fmgod wrote:Think this fight might bomb PPV wise hasn't caught the public's interest and both are quite straight forward plain personalities.
Don't matter. Every British fighter involved in a title world title fight will be ppv no matter what numbers it does on sales.
The most frustrating thing is the undercards are often crap. The Aj Klitchko undercard was an embarrassment.
For those that remember the original ppvs back in the 90s these shows were worth the money.
nickkarkie
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

WHU Independent wrote:Any links for the fight please ? :)
Wiz1.net always works for me
nickkarkie

Post by nickkarkie »

Great stoppage win for Groves, another British world champion.
nickkarkie

Post by nickkarkie »

I was not as impressed with Spence Jr as the Sky pundits, great fighter but I don't think he was spectacular. Brook seems to struggle over the long fights and was looking to quit.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

So chuffed for Groves. Stunning shots to finish that, some chin on Chudinov.

Classy from Spence Jr. Acid test away from home, weathered the storm and broke Brook down bit by bit.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Good fight, thought Spence was very erratic and jumpy with not much actual class, when Brook boxed he beat him, that's Brook done now though two fights in a row both on the same eye

The Russian before Chudinov I would want in any bar fight, bloke took everything and still standing
nickkarkie

Post by nickkarkie »

fmgod wrote:Good fight, thought Spence was very erratic and jumpy with not much actual class, when Brook boxed he beat him, that's Brook done now though two fights in a row both on the same eye

The Russian before Chudinov I would want in any bar fight, bloke took everything and still standing
Was the other eye last time if I remember correctly.

I agree and so does Spence Himself that he didn't fight that well.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

The Khan fight is surely a formality now, it's the biggest pay day for both, both now got a few losses, both getting older
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

fmgod wrote:The Khan fight is surely a formality now, it's the biggest pay day for both, both now got a few losses, both getting older
Will anyone care anymore?
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

I think people will it's one of them where you want to see who wins, it has lost the buzz of say two years ago but I think it will still do big numbers
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

Kell Brook has had 2 busted eye sockets (both sides) in his last 2 fights when stepping up in class. Admittedly Khan is a step back down in class but the seeds of doubt will be planted inside now. The way he gave up last night was weak despite making a decent fight back. If I were Brook id be thinking about hanging up my gloves.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Brook and Khan will need each other

Weight will surely be an issue. Can't see Brook wanting to make 147 again
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

fmgod wrote:The Khan fight is surely a formality now, it's the biggest pay day for both, both now got a few losses, both getting older
Brook has said he's going to go up in weight now so I'm not so sure anymore, which will be a shame as it's the fight everyone wants and probably both of their last chances of a big fight.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Anyone see the Shelby fight? Floored in the first, bashed up and eventually wins by 117-110 by two of the judges? Home town decision there I feel?
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

WHU Independent wrote:Anyone see the Shelby fight? Floored in the first, bashed up and eventually wins by 117-110 by two of the judges? Home town decision there I feel?
I watched it, knocked down in the first minute, looked unsettled, after that he coasted to victory. As Frampton said, you could argue that he won the next eleven rounds, he came back strongly and didn't even get into top gear but still easily did more than enough. Not a home town decision at all, although it's worth pointing out that the lad is from Barry, so he wasn't fighting in his home town, he was fighting in Cardiff.

Andrew Selby is getting better and better, his style makes for exciting fights and I firmly believe that he's the most exciting British boxer at present, nobody moves like him and comes forward with such speed and tenacity, he's fantastic to watch.
Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Slacking student »

Just announced Adrian Broner vs Mikey Garcia on July 29. This should be a absolute belter of a fight
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

I'm absolutely buzzing for that, I think Mikey will school and batter him.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Broner is a Ravel Morrison, very very talented but also an utter idiot and just pissed their talent down the toliet

George Groves has revealed he broke his jaw in the 3rd round against Chudinov.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

A big but easy fight for Mikey Garcia

Mikey Garcia vs Terence Crawford is one of the fights in Boxing I want to see the most