Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DasNutNock

Re: Boxing thread

Post by DasNutNock »

That was a ****ing wicked fight.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

What a fight!

What a great win for Anthony, thought he was dead and buried in the 6th :scarfer:
nickkarkie
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

AMAZING FIGHT!!, Fury beats Joshua easily for me, he just takes too long to recover from a punch and gasses when he attacks too much.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Bet he learns an absolute shitload from that fight.
nickkarkie

Post by nickkarkie »

DasNutNock wrote:Bet he learns an absolute shitload from that fight.
you can't learn to not have a glass jaw and he carries too much muscle and will always gas, i think he should get leaner and do more cardio. The only thing he could learn is to not throw too much and tire.

Wilder and Fury will cause him all sorts of problems.
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

Top man is Vlad, much respect after those words.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

nickkarkie wrote:
Indeed.

Great fight though.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Best fight in ages, Klit must be gutted, better boxer by miles but Joshua rushed him twice and done him twice. Shows how good Fury is, they need to get Joshua to drop a stone being that size is stupid in a 12 round cardio based sport. Joshua to me still very amateurish at times but his youth and power carried him through tonight but may not against well anyone not 41
Last edited by fmgod on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nickkarkie

Post by nickkarkie »

absolutely fm he has to lose some muscle, Klitchko should have gone after him more in the 7th, he let him recover.

When Fury gets hit he goes down but his head doesn't scramble, Joshua's head has scrambled twice now, against Whyte and Klitschko, both times he has come back but I fear against a big puncher or a durable fighter that he won't be able to recover
upthehammers

Post by upthehammers »

Amazing fight!
Joshua is a beast. All the "experts" pre fight were saying if it gets to the later rounds Joshua would lose it.

Who's up next??
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

upthehammers wrote:Amazing fight!
Joshua is a beast. All the "experts" pre fight were saying if it gets to the later rounds Joshua would lose it.

Who's up next??
I think Klitschko cost him self that, for someone so experience it was like he went to sleep again like he did in the 4th or what ever it was. I think he'll want to slap himself in the dressing room,

Wilder, Potevkin, Parker, but I reckon Eddie being Eddie it will be someone like Chisora, Whyte again
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Something went wrong at the end though, Joshua or Hearn was definitely meant to call out Wilder, they flew him over here, had him ringside commentating, they forgot that part
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Magic night.

Magic fight.

Love AJ............Respect to Klitchsko. No bull in the build up, great respect........ :thup:

90,000 booing Eddie Hearn......Image
nickkarkie

Post by nickkarkie »

fmgod wrote:Something went wrong at the end though, Joshua or Hearn was definitely meant to call out Wilder, they flew him over here, had him ringside commentating, they forgot that part
Americans were saying there is a 2 fight agreement with Klitschko so I doubt they would announce another fight without seeing whether the option would be taken up
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

nickkarkie wrote: Americans were saying there is a 2 fight agreement with Klitschko so I doubt they would announce another fight without seeing whether the option would be taken up
Bellew was trying to talk himself into a Wilder fight yesterday but Wilder didn't seem fussed.

They'll take the option is worth far too much £££
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

FACT: Anthony Joshua has had more victories at Wembley this year than Spurs have.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Massive credit to both of them. The heavyweight division has failed to serve up anything that exciting in recent years.

Huge respect for Joshua. Not his biggest fan, though his legs were gone and can't believe he came back to stop Klitschko. For such a long period out of the ring, I think that was a remarkable performance from Klitschko.

Joshua smashes Parker for me. Fury and Wilder? Still not sure. But for me, the questions about his engine go out the window. Great fight.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

I don't know anything about boxing, but I enjoyed watching that fight .Hopefully neither chap is too badly hurt .
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

nickkarkie wrote: you can't learn to not have a glass jaw and he carries too much muscle and will always gas, i think he should get leaner and do more cardio. The only thing he could learn is to not throw too much and tire.

He had 2 rounds where he blew gas and for the last two rounds he was fine, he did make a mistake when he downed Vlad by over extending going for the win and he paid in the next round.

But how can you call him glass jawed is a joke, he fought like a champion and won. Not many people come back from a Vlad put down.

If you don't like him fine, but I do not agree with what you're saying.
fmgod wrote:
I think Klitschko cost him self that, for someone so experience it was like he went to sleep again like he did in the 4th or what ever it was. I think he'll want to slap himself in the dressing room,

Wilder, Potevkin, Parker, but I reckon Eddie being Eddie it will be someone like Chisora, Whyte again
Yeah he called out Fury...
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

What a cracking fight. Nights like that show boxing still can't be beaten (even by MMA) for a grand spectacle.