The Sam Allardyce Poll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Do you believe West Ham United FC should retain the services of Sam Allardyce as manager?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 1197

Nesticles

Re: The Sam Allardyce Poll

Post by Nesticles »

Still a stick from me, although I could understand if he got the sack. Our great support that travelled to Forest and City, those performances were not fair on them.

I believe, and still do, that Allardyce is a good fit for us. The last month or so has been atrocious, but before then I felt we finally had a team and manager worth getting behind:

- Allardyce himself, a stubborn b*stard, who seemed to have instilled some fight and grit into us. Genuinely seemed to embrace wins and I actually felt he even had a connection with fans.
- A young CB pairing, one of whom imo is up there with the best in the league (Winston). Tomkins and Reid have improved greatly under Allardyce.
- Leadership and team spirit, largely I felt was down to Nolan
- Noble was maturing into a fine CM like we all hoped he would
- Flair,pace and power in Downing, Ravel, Diame, Vaz Te (Jarvis has been Allardyce's worst buy imo)
- A genuine England no.9 CF we were all excited to see play for us

Recently though, it's all gone to sh*t. We haven't got enough depth in our full squad to cope with all the injuries. Players who were maybe playing above themselves last season aren't hitting the same levels this season. No matter what league we are playing in next season, can see a lot of changes coming this summer.
Chard

Post by Chard »

I bet the results of this poll would look a lot different if we could start again.

I know a lot of West Ham fans that have changed their opinion after these two cup games.

Although I originally voted "no",I was on the fence. Now it would a firm "NO" without hesitation.

We appear to be going down without a fight and a new manager is the last throw of the dice IMO.

I would rather they spent 4M on Sam's compensation even if it means no further signings. I think we have a decent squad and a better manager could get these players winning.
szola
Has liked: 584 likes
Total likes: 344 likes

Post by szola »

and it might turn again back into his favour if we win in Wales
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Just got back from City. Chatting in the pubs and clubs to some of the away regulars I've never seen the away support so disheartened and negative about it all. How anyone can think we should keep this negative **** and that he hasn't lost the dressing room is beyond me.
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

hadleighhammer wrote:Just got back from City. Chatting in the pubs and clubs to some of the away regulars I've never seen the away support so disheartened and negative about it all. How anyone can think we should keep this negative **** and that he hasn't lost the dressing room is beyond me.
It's obvious the players have lost faith in his philosophy to me.
TW2 Hammer

Post by TW2 Hammer »

Sam needs to be backed.
As a club we have been completely distracted by getting the OS and forgetting the basics.
The board need to forget about Carroll and get a top duo signed.

Relegation is far more expensive than £15 million in this window.

Come on G&S get cracking. No more excuses
Moore Cowbell

Post by Moore Cowbell »

The injuries are a somewhat valid excuse but at a certain stage all teams have injuries. The worst part of our time under BFS is the decline in quality of the playing squad but I'll say this, as much as I want a new manager ASAP, I want G&S as far away from this club as possible. Is it too much to ask that we have someone running West Ham who actually knows what the f*** they're doing and performs their job like a regular person?
happydaystoytown
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 99 likes

Post by happydaystoytown »

It's a no from me.

I thought it would be harsh to get rid the manager that got us to a Wembley final, so seeing as that's not going to happen................

I think too much damage has been done now, to the club's reputation and Fat Sam's, he's looked and acted like a beaten man for a few games now.

Time for a parting of the ways and it's not about a new man keeping us up, he probably wont, it's about yet another rebuild but it's needed, West ham under Allardyce is broken.

Lets be honest, it was never a good fit, we took some enjoyment out of being organised and hard to beat but it was rarely pretty, now we haven't even got that in the plus column.
So what's left, an uncompetitive (in all competitions) squad of journeymen, playing dismal uncompetitive football.

Fat Sam's given up, despite the posturing and so has the team, time to move on.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Not sure where to put this or if it's even been mentioned on here yet but here is what ex player Ilunga mentioned on Twitter:
Herita ILUNGA ‏@Herita23 21h
When something doesn't work, we need to change it... I think it's time to leave Big Sam a lil bit like you did for me. #AllardyceOut #coyi
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Can we have a Angry Terry in option?
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

RyanWHUFC wrote:Can we have a Angry Terry in option?
I've somehow missed 'Angry Terry' and shamefully had to do a twitter search - found the recorded video thats on youtube to listen to in the middle :lol: