Transfer Window: Summer 2008

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

QuintonNimoy

Re: Summer transfer talk/rumours

Post by QuintonNimoy »

FurryDice Upton Boy wrote:Did BrownFatwa ever come back with his other info he was going to relay?
They must have got to him first.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

[quote="prophet:marginal"]So - it looks like

IN
Behrami
One or two teenagers

OUT
Zamora
Paintsil
Anton
McCartney
Solano
Ljungberg
etc

I really fear the worst now. I can't ever recall us getting rid of this many players in one season. If Chelsea off loaded (forgive spellings) Drogba, Ferrara, Carvalio, Ashley Cole, SWP and Joe Cole, would their manger expect to cope.

If Curbs can keep us up after being shafted by the board like this he should manage England. Duxberry should resign and take Nani with him, they are only a smokescreen for the board to make the fans buy tickets. If the board just came out and said look we HAVE to balance the books or we could do a Leeds. We are not buying anybody and have to sell a few to balance it out, we are confident we can survive and can buy again next season, then we might have grumbled but we would have had to like it or lump it. But it is the WAY they went about it, trying to bluff us all that they were actively looking to buy, when it appears that they were only actively trying to SELL. The only person who is coming out of this with any degree of credibility is Curbs who obviously is in the same boat as Keegan he is powerless.
Curbs should walk right now and the only thing stopping him is that he is a hammer IMO.
I wonder how much money it will take to balance the books if we go down this season. I think the board have a hidden agenda and we are powerless to do anything about it. Thank God we have a few points already we are going to need them all. :cry:
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

chalks wrote: as i was saying, you disbelieveing ****ers..............
May I be the first (I'm definitely not but I couldn't be arsed looking through the whole forum) to say it seems like you weren't wrong Chalks. Well done mate. :thup:
TheNumber32

Post by TheNumber32 »

What a ****ing joke. I knew this would happen. I just ****ing knew it.

I went to bed about 11:50 because I didn't want to be disappointed and I knew I wouldn't sleep. I also gave it the notion it could be like a christmas morning effect too.

But bloody nothing, ****ing nothing. I'm very hungry.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4294 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

TheNumber32 wrote:What a f***ing joke. I knew this would happen. I just f***ing knew it.

I went to bed about 11:50 because I didn't want to be disappointed and I knew I wouldn't sleep. I also gave it the notion it could be like a christmas morning effect too.

But bloody nothing, f***ing nothing. I'm very hungry.
Make yourself a sandwich - you'll feel better... :D
joyful

Post by joyful »

But bloody nothing, f***ing nothing. I'm very hungry.

and you sound angry too. Do you have any boots? Can you kick with your left foot?
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Appiah to sign today ???

http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx ... oId=845668" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Juve-Target Appiah To Join West Ham Today?
According to reports in Italy, Juventus and Torino transfer target Stephen Appiah could complete a free transfer move to West Ham by the end of today.
Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us galleria zoom Appiah is currently a free agent after he negotiated an exit from Fenerbahce a couple of weeks ago.

Since then the 27-year-old has been linked with a whole host of clubs in Italy, England, Spain and Scotland, but he has made no secret of his desire to rejoin Juventus, who he represented from 2003 to 2005, before joining Fenerbahce for €8m.

There have since been reports in the press that a deal is imminent, especially because Juventus are looking to sign a centre midfielder.

The summer transfer window shut last night, but because Appiah is a free agent he is still permitted to find himself a new club.

According to reports in Italy, the Ghanaian, despite still being followed by Juventus, as well as Torino, could in fact be set to join Premiership side West Ham. Indeed the transfer could be sealed by the end of today.

A key player in negotiations is believed to be West Ham’s sporting and football technical director Gianluca Nani, who previously worked at Appiah’s old club in Italy, Brescia.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

bubbles1966 wrote: Make yourself a sandwich - you'll feel better... :D
Make sure its a West HAM sandwhich :raver:
vivahammer
Location: Telling the truth about my age and quietly rooting for Sheff Wed

Post by vivahammer »

joyful wrote:
and you sound angry too. Do you have any boots? Can you kick with your left foot?
Damn beat me to it :twisted:
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 691 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

Can i just point a little fact snippet out???

If i had posted yesterday that we were in negotiations with cavani etc etc etc and they didnt happen, id have been ****ed to kingdom come. Not that i wouldve posted such nonsense btw...............

So may i be the first to say...............'Trap you clueless no nothing numpty'
goggles

Post by goggles »

chalks wrote:Can i just point a little fact snippet out???

If i had posted yesterday that we were in negotiations with cavani etc etc etc and they didnt happen, id have been ****ed to kingdom come. Not that i wouldve posted such nonsense btw...............

So may i be the first to say...............'Trap you clueless no nothing numpty'
Chalks are you an apparent ITK and was it you who said that we weren't signing anyone?
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Post by chalks »

goggles wrote: Chalks are you an apparent ITK and was it you who said that we weren't signing anyone?
Nope, ive never said im 'itk' thats an exclusive title held by just 1 or 2 people.

Its just that one of those 1 or 2 people told me all i know back in may. :lol:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1983 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

The problem with Chalks' lengthy predictions (since really the end of last season), is that they are so effing depressing.

We go to football to get away from money worries, half the time.

This is what is so depressing about the situation. I read most of his posts in a 'say it aint so' way, because I can't believe that our owners are nailing the wallet shut at the same time that Al Fayed is so heavily investing with a lot of court expenses to also pay. As I posted earlier, there is not a single club in the Prem that adopted our strategy alongside us. Even the barely supported clubs, Wigan and Blackburn, did more business than us.

Why are we left holding the **** sandwich? Oh yeah, its something to do with us having 'only' an American billionaire and not a normal one.

:twisted:
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Post by chalks »

prophet:marginal wrote:The problem with Chalks' lengthy predictions (since really the end of last season), is that they are so effing depressing.

We go to football to get away from money worries, half the time.

This is what is so depressing about the situation. I read most of his posts in a 'say it aint so' way, because I can't believe that our owners are nailing the wallet shut at the same time that Al Fayed is so heavily investing with a lot of court expenses to also pay. As I posted earlier, there is not a single club in the Prem that adopted our strategy alongside us. Even the barely supported clubs, Wigan and Blackburn, did more business than us.

Why are we left holding the sh*t sandwich? Oh yeah, its something to do with us having 'only' an American billionaire and not a normal one.

:twisted:
ok let me cheer you up.............

Once they get rid of Curbishley, which is very very high on the agenda, the next manager (Bilic??), will get a substantial transfer kitty made up of fresh funds and not money clawed back to pay off the mistakes of the previous board/current manager.
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

If the board had enough money to give a new manager a decent transfer kitty, they'd have enough to pay Alan off. Wouldn't they?
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Post by chalks »

Memorial Ground wrote:If the board had enough money to give a new manager a decent transfer kitty, they'd have enough to pay Alan off. Wouldn't they?
only they know that i suppose...........
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

chalks wrote: ok let me cheer you up.............

Once they get rid of Curbishley, which is very very high on the agenda, the next manager (Bilic??), will get a substantial transfer kitty made up of fresh funds and not money clawed back to pay off the mistakes of the previous board/current manager.

Only under a new board Chalks as the current one have ****ed us good and proper.We are surely for sale,isn't that right?
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

Well if they're too tight to pay Curbishley off, I wouldn't get too excited about what they'd give Bilic to spend.

And if they've got the money, the way they've treated Alan is not only a disgrace, but unneccessary.
officeboy
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by officeboy »

ageing hammer wrote:
Ok, that was over 2 transfer windows - and in different circumstances but it had to be worse that yesterday (even though it was very disappointing even by our standards)
WHID to deserve this?

Post by WHID to deserve this? »

If, and lets face it a large if, we sign Appiah will that appease the KUMB masses?

Stating the obvious but its madness to leave ourselves so short at the back. Tell though, if a player now has a contract canceled by mutual consent can they be signed outside the window? I am guessing yes. If this is the case I am still hopeful there could be some movement in the coming months.

Christmas and January are just around the corner......

This last few days has a very familiar (and boring) ring to it.