Transfer Window: Summer 2008

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 703 likes
Total likes: 1634 likes

Re: Summer transfer talk/rumours

Post by chalks »

Chippenhammer wrote:

Only under a new board Chalks as the current one have f***ed us good and proper.We are surely for sale,isn't that right?
yep, just wishful thinking on my part :lol:
Ted Fenton
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Ted Fenton »

Did we get no bids at all for Ashton?
Albie Beck
Has liked: 627 likes
Total likes: 655 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

chalks wrote:
ok let me cheer you up.............

Once they get rid of Curbishley, which is very very high on the agenda, the next manager (Bilic??), will get a substantial transfer kitty made up of fresh funds and not money clawed back to pay off the mistakes of the previous board/current manager.
...but that's the piece that doesn't add up, Chalks - either in what you're saying or in Horace's polemic :lol: - if the manager is so little regarded by the board, why not pay him up and ship him out? The potential cost (£3m?) is FAR less than the potential downside of a repeat of two seasons ago - or with an even worse ending!
woodford
Has liked: 416 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

but then why pay off someone when theres an army of fickle 'champions league now!!!' fans ready to make his life a misery and get him to walk.

None of this makes a lot of sense to be fair.
BR7 Hammer

Post by BR7 Hammer »

ok let me cheer you up.............

Once they get rid of Curbishley, which is very very high on the agenda, the next manager (Bilic??), will get a substantial transfer kitty made up of fresh funds and not money clawed back to pay off the mistakes of the previous board/current manager.[/quote]

cheers for the info Chalks so this pretty much confirms there was no financial need to sell McCartney & Ferdinand? & the reasoning seems to be to force Curbishley out? I understand if they don't trust the manager with anymore cash but surely its professional suicide to not at least let him replace the only left-back? & one last general question did Brownfatwa come back last night as I gave up at about 10:30
I've got curly hair too

Post by I've got curly hair too »

WHID to deserve this? wrote:If, and lets face it a large if, we sign Appiah will that appease the KUMB masses? .
Possibly,l but how can you play at least half a season without a proper left back?
goggles

Post by goggles »

I have just seen on westhamfans.org and they are reporting that on the Toulouse webiste it has confirmed that one of their defenders has moved to West Ham, anyone know anything?
Cockney Rebel
Location: Isle of Dogs... with Manhattan in the background...

Post by Cockney Rebel »

goggles wrote:I have just seen on westhamfans.org and they are reporting that on the Toulouse webiste it has confirmed that one of their defenders has moved to West Ham, anyone know anything?
Apparently the defender in question is Hérita Ilunga.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2569 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

translated from the toulouse football club website...

The defender Hérita Ilunga is on loan until the end of the season at English club West Ham.
The TFC has to formalize the loan of his defender Herita Ilunga the English club West Ham. The two clubs have reached agreement last night, just before the end of the market for transfers.
Last edited by Burnley Hammer on Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cockney Rebel
Location: Isle of Dogs... with Manhattan in the background...

Post by Cockney Rebel »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%A9rita_Ilunga" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hérita N'Kongolo Ilunga (born February 25, 1982 in Kinshasa) is a Congolese footballer who plays as a defender for Toulouse.

He was part of the Congolese 2004 African Nations Cup team, who finished bottom of their group in the first round of competition, thus failing to secure qualification for the quarter-finals.

Ilunga has recently been linked with a move to Newcastle United, Celtic FC and Panathinaikos.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 207 likes
Total likes: 657 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

chalks wrote:Can i just point a little fact snippet out???

If i had posted yesterday that we were in negotiations with cavani etc etc etc and they didnt happen, id have been ****ed to kingdom come. Not that i wouldve posted such nonsense btw...............

So may i be the first to say...............'Trap you clueless no nothing numpty'
I think the problem was that we only wanted to do loan deals, obviously for when Curbs and West Ham part company, which may be sooner rather than later.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

oh, and he's a left back by the way
woodford
Has liked: 416 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

oooh good.

an end to my sleepless nights :lol:
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

He's a left back
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

http://www.tfc.info/fr/Actualite/101002 ... a_West_Ham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

not got a clue what it says :lol:
Heysel76
Has liked: 215 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

Chalks, some of what you have said has been nearly correct, but a lot has been wide of the mark (or not publicised).
I don't for one minute think you made anything up, but is it not possible that your ITK has been fed false information for some reason?

Not having a pop, just wondering if this was a possibility?
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Hammer Laffers wrote:http://www.tfc.info/fr/Actualite/101002 ... a_West_Ham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

not got a clue what it says :lol:
Burnley Hammer wrote:translated from the toulouse football club website...

The defender Hérita Ilunga is on loan until the end of the season at English club West Ham.
The TFC has to formalize the loan of his defender Herita Ilunga the English club West Ham. The two clubs have reached agreement last night, just before the end of the market for transfers.
King Guy

Post by King Guy »

:o ahhhh!!! thank f*** for that! i was getting seriously worried about the whole situation. this has at least waylayed some of my fears. i'm just glad i didn't stay up til now waiting for the news :thup:

anyone know what he's like? :?
Favhammer

Post by Favhammer »

King Guy wrote::o ahhhh!!! thank f*** for that! i was getting seriously worried about the whole situation. this has at least waylayed some of my fears. i'm just glad i didn't stay up til now waiting for the news :thup:

anyone know what he's like? :?
Don't you think it might be made official by now ...the window closed about 18 hours ago ...now I know we like some dodgy dealings but surely not !
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Di Michele and Ilunga sign
David Di Michele and Herita Ilunga have become the latest recruits at the Boleyn Ground
SendSend PrintPrint RssRSS

West Ham United are pleased to announce the double signing of Italy striker David Di Michele and Congolese left-back Herita Ilunga, subject to registration at the Premier League.

The club recognise the lateness of this announcement but certain formalities including the release of the international transfer certificates had to be completed. West Ham United can also confirm discussions with Ghana midfielder Stephen Appiah are ongoing. This deal can be completed outside of the transfer window as Appiah is a free agent.

Di Michele and Ilunga will arrive on season-long loans from Torino and Toulouse respectively with a view to possible permanent transfers and join Valon Behrami and Jan Lastuvka as new recruits.

Vastly experienced, Di Michele will add plenty of creativity to the West Ham United attack. He played at the Boleyn Ground for Palermo in September 2006 in the UEFA Cup first round and then went on to score in the return leg in Italy when the Serie A club won 3-0 to progress. Di Michele, 32, he joined Torino for 2007/08. His 15 goals in 37 appearances for Udinese in the 2004/05 season led to international recognition and he has been capped six times for the World Cup holders.

The 26-year-old Congolese international left-back Ilunga had attracted attention from several Premier League clubs but was delighted to secure a move to east London. Ilunga first rose to prominence at St Etienne and made 136 appearances for the club before switching to Toulouse in 2007. He played 35 times in Ligue 1 last season and also caught the eye with six UEFA Cup appearances. He has also been involved in World Cup qualifying this summer.

Full reaction from Alan Curbishley to follow

Bajner secures Boleyn switch
The highly-rated Hungary Under-19 forward Balint Bajner has finalised his move to West Ham United
SendSend PrintPrint RssRSS

West Ham United can confirm the signing of Hungarian youth international striker Balint Bajner on a season-long loan with a view to a possible permanent transfer.

The 17-year-old, who had attracted attention across Europe, is the latest in-demand youngster to head to the club. Bajner, who represented his country at this summer's European U19 Championship and can also play wide right, had been playing for Romanian club Liberty Oradea before heading to east London.

From the o/s.