Summer transfer gossip (c&p only please)

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Summer transfer gossip (c&p only please)

Post by Up the Junction »

Following on from last year ...

Please use this thread to post any media stories regarding possible comings and goings this summer. All comments/non-c&ps will be removed if posted (so please don't!); please use the following thread for discussion purposes:

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=101365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No tirbalfootball or transferrumours please!
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Re: Transfer gossip - c&p only

Post by westlondonhammer »

Relating to this article: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -20369651/

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/ ... on-future/

Speaking exclusively to setantasports.com, Valon Behrami’s agent has revealed that the Lazio star, linked to Tottenham and Liverpool, will use the Webster clause to buy-out his contract.

The Switzerland international has decided to move on after three seasons at Stadio Olimpico and he plans to play in the Champions League next season.

His representative Alessandro Beltrami has revealed that the midfielder will play Euro 2008 in his homeland as a free agent before leaving the Biancocelesti.

Behrami’s father recently declared the highly-rated player was on his way to Sevilla, but the agent told setantasports.com that: “The daddy does not decide for his son, he is not aware of it.

“Behrami will play Euro 2008 as a free player because he will buy-out his contract.

“Do you know what the Webster clause is? Well, he will use it.

“And after that, I can tell you that he has 100 percent chance of leaving Lazio.

“Lazio wanted €12 million (£9 million) for him and we had contacts, but now he will be able to decide where he goes and he wants to play the Champions League.

“We will not contact clubs, believe me, they are going to call us.”
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Re: Summer transfer gossip - c&p only

Post by simonirons »

Juve ace wants away

20080523 12:25

Juventus striker David Lanzafame has given West Ham hope of signing him by declaring he is ready to move away from Italy.
Reports suggested that West Ham boss Alan Curbishley was going to miss out on the Italian Under-21 international after Juve decided they wanted to use him as part of a deal to land Brazilian Amauri from Palermo.
Click here!
But the player has suggested a move to West Ham would be his preferred choice at the moment although he made it clear that one day he would like to return to Juve.
"Palermo and West Ham are both huge clubs," he said. "But at my age I think it would be beneficial to have an experience abroad, which would enhance me not only as a footballer, but also from a linguistic and lifestyle point of view.
"In the next few days I'll talk with Juventus and we will decide together the best solution, also because one day I want to come back to Bianconeri."
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

from the daily express (typed from the newspaper, not c&p from web):

Bradley is in demand
Everton, Blackburn, West Ham, and Sunderland will all keep a close eye on midfielder Michael Bradley in Englands friendly against the United States next week.
US star Bradley, who plays for Heerenveen is available for around £4 million. The premier league clubs have all watched him recently and a good display at Wembley will attract a flurry of bids.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

The Guardian. Sat 24 May

Hammers join the race for Swiss star

Valon Behrami is attracting the attention of three Premier League clubs.

WEST Ham are reportedly going head-to-head with Liverpool and Spurs to land Swiss international midfielder Valon Behrami.

The Irons were linked with a move for the Lazio star in January and could follow up their interest this summer.

And, according to his agent, Behrami is set to use the Webster clause to buy out his contract at Stadio Olimpico.

That would see the 23-year-old playing in Euro 2008 as a free agent as he looks for a new club.

"Behrami will play Euro 2008 as a free player because he will buy-out his contract," Behrami's representative Alessandro Beltrami told Setanta Sports.

"Do you know what the Webster clause is? Well, he will use it."
advertisement

However, the Hammers could miss out on the star as he apparently wants to play Champions League football next season.

"Lazio wanted £9 million for him and we had contacts, but now he will be able to decide where he goes and he wants to play the Champions League," added Beltrami.

"We will not contact clubs - believe me, they are going to call us."
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Italian star adds to reputation

Hammers target Davide Lanzafame added to his growing reputation with a goal for Italy Under-21s in Toulon last night.

The 21-year-old Juventus winger is pondering his options while playing for Italy in the prestigious Toulon tournament this month.

The right-sided wide-man fired in the opening goal as the Azzurri overcame nine-man Turkey in a fiery Group B clash in La Seyne.

Lanzafame was one of the few players to keep his head in a match which featured seven yellow cards and three red cards, won 2-1 by the Italians after Claudio Marchisio's late winner.

West Ham and Palermo are currently battling it out for the signature of Lanzafame, who spent last year on loan at Bari, for next season.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/articles/737079.html
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Hammers join the race for Swiss star

WEST Ham are reportedly going head-to-head with Liverpool and Spurs to land Swiss international midfielder Valon Behrami.

The Irons were linked with a move for the Lazio star in January and could follow up their interest this summer.

And, according to his agent, Behrami is set to use the Webster clause to buy out his contract at Stadio Olimpico.

That would see the 23-year-old playing in Euro 2008 as a free agent as he looks for a new club.

"Behrami will play Euro 2008 as a free player because he will buy-out his contract," Behrami's representative Alessandro Beltrami told Setanta Sports.

"Do you know what the Webster clause is? Well, he will use it."

advertisement
However, the Hammers could miss out on the star as he apparently wants to play Champions League football next season.

"Lazio wanted £9 million for him and we had contacts, but now he will be able to decide where he goes and he wants to play the Champions League," added Beltrami.

"We will not contact clubs - believe me, they are going to call us."

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/ ... s_star.php
Cockney Rebel
Location: Isle of Dogs... with Manhattan in the background...

Post by Cockney Rebel »

News of the World (no c&p)

WEST HAM are poised to open the bidding for Everton striker Andy Johnson.

And despite recently signing a new deal at Goodison Park, the £8m-rated England international will be free to leave for the right price.

Ex-Crystal Palace hitman Johnson, 27, has been linked continually with a return to London, with the Hammers his preferred destination.

Despite constant denials about his future, it is clear both Bedford-born AJ — who hit 10 goals this season — and the Toffees will be happy to part company.
Bishops Finger

Post by Bishops Finger »

From the Electronic Daily Telegraph:

Latest News:

West Ham look set to land Palermo midfielder Mark Bresciano for £4 million, and are weighing up the possibility of moving for Manchester United's Louis Saha and Bolton winger El-Hadji Diouf. The hoped-for transfer of Juventus' Davide Lanzafame could be threatened after complications arising from Juventus' attempts to sign Brazilian-born striker Amauri. Alan Curbishley is willing to sell both Dean Ashton and Anton Ferdinand to raise funds for Everton striker Andrew Johnson and Newcastle defender Steven Taylor.

The club have also joined the race to sign Manchester City's Richard Dunne, who is believed to be unhappy after recent club politics surrounding Sven-Goran Eriksson. Alan Curbishley has been told that he must free up some squad space before he makes any moves to bring new players in. The club are likely to part company with Freddie Ljungberg who has endured an injury-marred campaign in East London though the move will cost West Ham some £3 million, while Curbishley is hoping to sign Reading defender Nicky Shorey.

Alan Curbishley is set to bid £3.5m for Wolves winger Michael Kightley.

The manager is also confident that his goalkeeper Robert Green will stay at the club after reported interest from Spurs. West Ham are also showing interest in £5m-rated midfielder Gary O'Neil, who has been at Middlesbrough for just 10 months.

West Ham are said to be scouting Barnet's 20-year-old midfielder Albert Adomah, although Barnet have so far refused numerous offers from various Championship clubs.
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

The Guardian (Mon)

Hammers defender could be set for Rangers switch

WEST Ham defender Christian Dailly could be set for a permanent move to Rangers.

The Scottish defender fell down the pecking order at Upton Park last season under boss Alan Curbishley and spent most of the campaign at Ibrox.

And manager Walter Smith is keen to keep Dailly north of the boarder, along with Fulham's Steven Davis, who was also on-loan with the Scottish Cup winners.

"I'll have a word with the lads and we'll see where we go from there," Smith said.

"I would hope to keep them but we'll just have to wait and see how they feel about that."
yabush

Post by yabush »

Engelaar Favours Schalke Move

he likes of Ajax, PSV Eindhoven, Olympique de Marseille and West Ham United are all interested in signing the 1.98-metre tall midfielder, but he says he favours a transfer to Fred Rutten’s Schalke.

“If the two clubs reach an agreement, and I hope they will, I’d prefer to join Schalke,” he told De Telegraaf daily.

Rutten, who was announced as the new Königsblauen boss on April 23, is doing everything he can to persuade the club board that the 28-year-old will boost the team’s midfield. He is also the main reason why Engelaar eyes a move to Gelsenkirchen.

New role

“Fred was the one who gave me a chance to develop. He signed me when I was down with Genk and his first words are always on my mind. He told me that as a forward I could become a really good footballer in the Netherlands, but also that he saw a bright future for me in a holding midfield role.” the former Breda man went on.

“I raised my eyebrows: had everyone else been wrong in my career? I had to adjust to become a central midfielder, but I soon understood that he was right.”

Eight million fee

Schalke and Twente agreeing terms looks like a formality, as the Germans are allegedly prepared to pay the amount of eight million euros for The Reds’ captain three years before his contract expires. Engelaar will probably agree to a deal for three or even four years.

Panos Bletsos, Goal.com

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=711449" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bishops Finger

Post by Bishops Finger »

Sunderland move for West Ham fullback McCartney

tribalfootball.com - May 25, 2008

Sunderland boss Roy Keane wants to bring George McCartney back to the club.
Sunderland lack strength in depth in that position and the possible signing of Reading's Nicky Shorey by West Ham will allow McCartney to return to the Stadium of Light.
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 10:31 AM on 27th May 2008

Tottenham have been told they must pay £4million for Norway Under 21 striker Tarik Elyounoussi.

Spurs scouts watched the 20-year-old play for Fredrikstad on Sunday and the starlet - who was born in Morocco - turned down an offer from Chelsea to train with them last season, according to the Daily Mirror.

Elyounoussi has also attracted the interest of Portsmouth and West Ham.

He has twice been named Young Player of the Year in Norway.
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

Guardian online.

Hammers join chase for French youngster

WEST Ham are believed to be among a host of clubs chasing Charleroi striker Mouhamadou Habib Habibou.

According to reports in France, the Hammers are facing a fight with Aston Villa and Everton, and Dutch sides PSV and Feyenoord, to land the 21-year-old from the Belgian outfit.

The French youngster (pictured) is currently on loan at Romanian side Steaua Bucharest, where he has scored one goal in seven games, and is considered to have a bright future in the game.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ov ... MHD=france

Sporting Life - Magpies Circling Emana

Key paragraph:

"Emana, a product of the Valencia youth system, is looking to either England or Spain for the next step in his career, and Seville, Real Betis and West Ham are understood to be potential competitors for his signature."
bobo

Post by bobo »

Kanoute pondering Sevilla departure

Striker Frederic Kanoute has alerted a number of Premier League clubs by revealing he will quit Sevilla if he receives a "serious offer".

Kanoute's former Sevilla coach Juande Ramos, now in charge of Tottenham, is reported to be monitoring his situation, as are his former club West Ham, Aston Villa and Bolton.

While the former Lyon star insists there is nothing definite as yet, he admits that his head may be turned should an attractive offer arrive for him.

"If there's a serious proposal on the table then I will study it," he told Spanish newspaper Marca. "I'd like to stay on in Seville. I'm not thinking about changing, at the moment.

"It's true that until now there have been no serious offers, but if a serious one came I would think about it."

This year Kanoute has scored 26 goals in 42 outings as Sevilla enjoyed their first campaign in the Champions League.

He was also recently named as the African Ballon d'Or winner, an achievement he hoped would be repeated by more of his countrymen.

"While I'm proud to be the second African Ballon d'Or winner from Mali, I hope with all my heart that I am not the last," he
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Is he a WHU or GR Player ??

Dailly Set For Gers Stay
Rangers defender Christian Dailly is confident of extending his stay at the Ibrox, having held discussions with manager Walter Smith…

The 34-year-old returned to Scotland in January after 12 years south of the border, leaving West Ham to sign a short-term contract with the Glasgow giants.

The former Blackburn man has proved a shrewd acquisition, helping the Gers to the Scottish Cup and CIS Insurance Cup titles as well as the UEFA Cup final, which they lost 2-0 to Zenit St. Petersburg.

Uniquely, the Dundee native negotiates his own deals sans agent, and after talks with Smith recently he is set to sign a one-year contract, pending confirmation from the higher ups.

"I have spoken to the manager already and we have more or less agreed to do it again next season," said Dailly, who was selected in the Scotland squad that will face the Czech Republic in Prague this Friday.

"I haven't spoken to the chief executive (Martin Bain) or anything like that and I haven't signed anything but in principle there is a good chance of me signing again for next season."
yabush

Post by yabush »

Lanzafame Rejects Palermo Move

The Juventus-owned Lanzafame is regarded as one of the most promising young players in Italy, and has been compared to Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronaldo by some members of the Calcio community.

Last week it was agreed that Lanzafame would be moving to Palermo in a co-ownership deal as part of the exchange that will see Rosanero hitman Amauri end up in Turin.

However, La Stampa says that Lanzafame has now rejected a move to Palermo, and instead wants to join Premiership side West Ham on-loan, where he has been offered €1m for the season.

"Palermo and West Ham are both huge clubs," stated the striker last week.

"But at my age I think it would be beneficial to have an experience abroad, which would enhance me not only as a footballer, but also from a linguistic and lifestyle point of view."

It is not thought that this development will have any bearing on the Amauri transfer deal, as Palermo have become sick and tired of what has become something of a soap opera. Amauri is expected in Turin today for a medical, and could complete his move within the next few hours.

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=712594" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike »

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley is in a race with Premiership rivals to land the services of USA international midfielder Michael Bradley

Bradley will be in the States side who take on England at Wembley tonight and he will closely monitored by Curbishley as well as representatives from Everton, Middlesbrough and Blackburn as they all look to add him to their ranks over the summer.

With only a year left on his current deal in Holland where he plays for Heerenveen clubs had been hoping to land the player for considerably less than the £4m asking price.

But with so many interested parties it could be the first club to stump up the cash will get their man.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/articles/738640.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

Sentanta Sports.

Polish whizz-kid eyed by Hammers

by Adam Marshall, 29 May 2008

Brescia midfielder Bartosz Salamon is the latest player to be linked with a summer switch to West Ham.

The Polish youngster is known to Hammers technical director Gianluca Nani and could be the subject of an ambitious raid on the Italian side.

After leaving Lech Poznan to learn his trade in Italy, the 17-year-old has already broken into the Brescia first team.

Real Madrid have previously been credited with an interest in Salamon but Nani could steal a march on any other suitors as the talent-spotter was previously employed at Brescia, where he helped find the likes of Roberto Baggio and Andrea Pirlo.

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley has yet to make any concrete moves in the market as the East Londoners make tying down Dean Ashton to a new contract their priority, but the signs are that they have been casting their net far and wide for fresh blood