Kia, Sheff Utd, Duxbury, McCabe and arbitration

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

goggles

Re: Kia, Sh*ff Utd, Duxbury, McCabe and arbitration

Post by goggles »

Just a shame we haven't got the money and use it in our own transfer fund :thdn:

I hate Sheffield United, i honestly hate them more than any other club :arry:
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

Remeber when it was announced that they were doing this inquiry? The headlines like "R.I.P West Ham" were all over the place.

f*** em.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Billy Bonds love child wrote:Not exactly a resounding exoneration, but at least I think it means that we can now draw a line under the whole sorry business. Kiss goodbye to the money folks, and just hope we get the fuc*ers in a cup game and stuff them thoroughly
It leaves open the question of whether they heard precisely the same evidence as Lord Haw Haw, no doubt, but they have still indicated that they found no evidence that we took action to undermine their initial ruling.

If they did hear from Kia, Shear and Duxbury, that's enough of an endorsement for me to justify a re-opening of the claim for compensation, or at least a legal letter to the effect that they'd have to sue us for the debt.

(Not sure about the last bit mind, but I make this 4-1 West Ham).
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

prophet:marginal wrote: (Not sure about the last bit mind, but I make this 4-1 West Ham).
Away goals count quintuple.

They were all neutral venues, nice try. :wink:
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Funny how Tevez was sold for 25 million and he cost us £20 + £5 million in fines - if you were fined for nicking a car or something else I'm sure you'd only pay a part of the cost you wouldn't pay the full amount especially if you returned the goods.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

It should be interesting to see what the club do and say about this. The whole question of our guilt has just been slung right out of the window, and I can see no basis whatsoever why those c**** in Sheffield should get a penny from us. It has now been shown by the governing bodies we did nothing wrong after the 1st judgment. There must be something we can do to avoid just giving them that money for, it seems now, absolutely nothing.
beckton

Post by beckton »

Toulouse_Iron wrote:Take the ****ers to arbitration.

Someone posted on this forum a few weeks back then you cant do it now, sorry I can't remember who it was.

The thread didn't get much attention, I think I was the only person to reply :lol: but they had had a look at the FA rules regarding arbitration and they have changed it to make it much harder to use it.

Sheffied Utd would not now be able to do what they did and would have had to abide to the PL ruling.

Surely, Beckton, it was the fact that they were no longer in the Prem that allowed them the chance to arbitrate.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Please god has Duxbury forgotten to sign the cheque - or even better signed it from BJ.
Zola4ever

Post by Zola4ever »

i don't think this would have been the conclusion had we not settled out of court with sheff utd

Zola4ever wrote:i don't think this would have been the conclusion had we not settled out of court with Sh*ff utd
How's that then?
Zola4ever

Post by Zola4ever »

prophet:marginal wrote:
How's that then?
i just think once we settled that was the end of it, i think the FA saw it as that as well, i said it at the time that once we settled the fa hearing would just fade away
Last edited by Zola4ever on Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoB_On
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by BoB_On »

Memorial Ground wrote:http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/NewsAndFeatu ... 70709.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Inquiry has concluded that, on the basis of the evidence available to them, there is no prima facie case that West Ham United and/or its officials did commit any further breaches of Premier League or FA rules immediately after the independent disciplinary commission’s decision.

A joint Premier League/FA Inquiry has reached its conclusions after considering whether the conduct of West Ham United immediately after the independent disciplinary commission's decision of 27 April 2007 amounted to further breaches of Premier League or FA rules.
ChicagoHammer

Post by ChicagoHammer »

So let me get this straight, this is the fourth time the governing body has ruled in our favour, and we still had to pay them?
Fade & Die

Post by Fade & Die »

I think Kia kept his mouth shut and that's why we got the vote but settled out of court.
joyful2

Post by joyful2 »

So let me see,

England in the Ashes

British Open

...great day to bury good news - well done FA and PL :eh:
beckton

Post by beckton »

prophet:marginal wrote:Surely, Beckton, it was the fact that they were no longer in the Prem that allowed them the chance to arbitrate.

Im no expert but technically it didn't matter if the whingeing hypocrites were in the Prem or not as under the rules of the FA at the time they had the right to arbitration[although the PL disputed that].
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

ChicagoHammer wrote:So let me get this straight, this is the fourth time the governing body has ruled in our favour, and we still had to pay them?
We chose to pay them.
cockneySparrow
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by cockneySparrow »

:raver:
Well the rollarcoaster ride seems to finally have ended with this joint FA and PL statement.

So, as we have all been saying from day one, and are now vindicated, that we were only guilty of the original sin of trying to have 2 world class players legally playing in a 2nd tier premiership team but given a world record 1st tier fine for a slight technical contract breach that could have been easily remedied without any of the dramatic fuss that ensued therafter.

:oops:
It is easy to say in hindsight that we should have acted have acted more diligently, but back then, they were difficult times and under intense stress silly mistakes, even juvenile ones such as these are made. Oh, if only we had more experienced stewardship at the time then this would never have blown out of all proportion. Unfortunatley for us, the baying press smelt blood, as did the more experienced vultures at Sh*tfield united et al and they took us to the cleaners.

I hope that our directors have taken stock from this harsh experience. Morally, we always stood the high ground and in normal times this would have been fair enough but for the cruel inaccuracies written in the press. Even the first tier clubs felt our club was hard done by and lent us their best legal teams.

:crest:
So where does this leave us now?

I think we were quite astute in how we structured our payments to the vultures, probably as a result of the learning experience but probably from the hired help. I hope this same team are now sharpening their legal pencils.

Am I right in thinking we only made an initial payment of £7m to Sh*tfield, with the rest coming in instalments? Do we have to now make those payments or can they whistle for it?

The press owe us big time. Obviously it probably wont do us any good to start charging in with defamation litigation but now our PR team should start to call in the favours the gutter press owe us.

Await the the future press articles about this, if any!

COYI

ps Must admit this is a relief and good news for the club at the end of the day. I hope it heralds a new era.