Poll: the managerial shortlist

The very best posts from KUMB over the years ...

Moderator: Gnome

Five alive: pick yours

Slaven Bilic
214
29%
Gerard Houllier
32
4%
Gianfranco Zola
13
1%
Roberto Donadoni
16
2%
Roberto Mancini
381
51%
None of the above
80
10%
 
Total votes : 736

Re: Poll: the managerial shortlist

Postby Devils Advocate on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:15 pm

According to SSN (I know, I know), West Ham have said the list is down to 4 - Zola, Donadoni, Bilic and Laudrup. They also said they weren't prepared to wait till Jan for Bilic, but may consider him doin the Croatia job part-time.
User avatar
Devils Advocate
 
Posts: 4879
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:11 pm
Location: A long way from the pitch

Re: Poll: the managerial shortlist

Postby Hugh Jargon on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:28 pm

Wonder why there arn't any rumours about Trevor Brooking yet?....ohhhhhh have I just started it?

Shame 90% of what I suggest is Bollox and the other 10% lies...

Pardon?
User avatar
Hugh Jargon
 
Posts: 6941
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:39 pm
Location: The Isle of Lesbos, Cuba- Tottenham redondo corriente con el pene que cuelga fuera

Re: Poll: the managerial shortlist

Postby Trevor Montana on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:31 pm

Laudrup :thup:
User avatar
Trevor Montana
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:26 pm

Re: Poll: the managerial shortlist

Postby Czech Hammer on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:55 pm

What do you people think about Fatih Terim? Just heard on the telly that Newcastle are in talks with him.
Considering what he did with Turkey, I thought mybe he would be more suitable than the likes of Zola, Collins and maybe even Donadoni...... :?
User avatar
Czech Hammer
 
Posts: 2402
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:49 pm
Location: Near Moscow

Re: Poll: the managerial shortlist

Postby Fionn on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:56 pm

Czech Hammer wrote:What do you people think about Fatih Terim? Just heard on the telly that Newcastle are in talks with him.
Considering what he did with Turkey, I thought mybe he would be more suitable than the likes of Zola, Collins and maybe even Donadoni...... :?


He'd be an excellent choice, although he is Turkish....
User avatar
Fionn
 
Posts: 15788
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:03 am
Location: Location Location

Re: Poll: the managerial shortlist

Postby Czech Hammer on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:01 pm

Turkish, maybe, but I wouldnt care if he was a martian if he got us into Europe.
A vastly experienced manager, and quite under rated in my opinion.
User avatar
Czech Hammer
 
Posts: 2402
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:49 pm
Location: Near Moscow

Re: Poll: the managerial shortlist

Postby Fionn on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:02 pm

Czech Hammer wrote:Turkish, maybe, but I wouldnt care if he was a martian if he got us into Europe.
A vastly experienced manager, and quite under rated in my opinion.


Absolutely. Would be delighted if he was even being considered to be honest.
User avatar
Fionn
 
Posts: 15788
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:03 am
Location: Location Location

Re: Poll: the managerial shortlist

Postby BigFatSam on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:13 pm

Roberto manchini! haha! he got lucky!
User avatar
BigFatSam
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:42 pm
Location: Loughton, Essex

Re: Poll: the managerial shortlist

Postby btajim - mcfc on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:17 pm

I always viewed Mancini as an overrated manager who was carried along by his success as a player whilst less fashionable names were never considered for the jobs he was. His record at Inter Milan is heavily flattering when you take in to consideration how two of those titles were actually "won" (I still know fellow Man City fans who refuse to acknowledge this) and also his poor record in Europe. This season, City finished bottom of their group without winning a match! I've also never liked his man management with examples of how badly he handled Balotelli. It's understood his sale was instigated from higher up in the Club. I think the FA Cup win will save him for another season but City won't become the dominant force in football until he either improves his weak points or leaves.
User avatar
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
 
Posts: 6653
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:40 pm
Location: Failsworth, Manchester

Re: Poll: the managerial shortlist

Postby westhamirish on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:32 pm

I wonder will people want Paulo di canio or Slavan Bilic the next time the job is free
westhamirish
 
Posts: 703
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:19 pm

Previous

Return to KUMB Hall of Fame

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron