Poll: the managerial shortlist

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Five alive: pick yours

Slaven Bilic
29%
Gerard Houllier
4%
Gianfranco Zola
2%
Roberto Donadoni
2%
Roberto Mancini
52%
None of the above
11%

Total votes: 736

Hugh Jargon (Old)
Location: The Isle of Lesbos, Cuba- Tottenham redondo corriente con el pene que cuelga fuera

Re: Poll: the managerial shortlist

Post by Hugh Jargon (Old) »

God.....some one just reminded me of the biggest anti-climax of all time........Roeder.
Trap1
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by Trap1 »

best tever wrote:Me thinks we will get Gareth Southgate , watch thus space !
Would love to see Southgate get the job.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

have you heard anything trap on the new manager??
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

It is all a bit of a gamble, but Mancini would be very exciting. Bilic worries me because he is dealing with a new international side who see him as a legend. He may find ill-disciplined, overpaid oiks a different proposition.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Rodent for me with Kevin Keen as assistant. A combination that just could not go wrong ! And would surely be within the budget.

:think:
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 406 likes

Post by dodger »

BondsoBob wrote:Rodent for me with Kevin Keen as assistant. A combination that just could not go wrong ! And would surely be within the budget.

:think:
I'm guessing you're joking but if not, you need to see your GP.
Junco Partner
Location: Paquetta, he's played it through...and Bowen's in...ITS UP FOR GRABS NOW!"
Has liked: 562 likes
Total likes: 921 likes

Post by Junco Partner »

Really don't get this Billic fetish a lot seem to have. An untrustworthy, unproven, inexperienced google eyed nut. Did you see Croatia in the Euro's ?, they really weren't that good.

Really don't get why Zola has scored so lowly on this poll. The man was one of the best players of his generation who played with verve, style and always with a sense of joy which you just don't see that much these days. If he could impart a fraction of that on to a West Ham team and maybe get a hand from a more experienced back room guy I could see it work.

Mancini ? yeah maybe.

The rest ?............. Journeymen managers with little attraction and a worrying tendency to employ negative ''1-0 and hold'' style tactics. Please, this is West Ham !
'stone hammer
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 534 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

'None of the above' for me, i'm unsure as to who i would like as the next west ham manager, but it isn't one of them
Antnee

Post by Antnee »

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/foo ... l?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And we're back to Bilic again
daniel

Post by daniel »

That's very good news imo. Donadoni is gash and with Mancini waiting for the Inter pay-off, Billic is the best option around.
If we do get him it'll be a much needed injection of passion to the club, not to mention his coaching abilities. Btw the best quote from the article is:
"Nani's role as technical director was, initially, understood to be a hurdle for Bilic, but the Hammers are prepared to redefine the role if Bilic arrives at Upton Park."
FDiMcA
teh
Location: Locked in a cellar, not sure where but I can smell hotdogs

Post by FDiMcA »

Claretdave wrote: Bilic worries me because he is dealing with a new international side who see him as a legend.

He may find ill-disciplined, overpaid oiks a different proposition.
funny :D

But
So right, its not funny :cry:
Heysel76
Has liked: 216 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

Gongkar wrote:When he told spuds his minimum release clause in his contract £2.5 million, which spuds then offerd, it was turned down only because the club had to agree to it, so he signed a new contract witn an $4.5 minimum realsea clause in it, and the part were the club had to agree was taken out, which was leaked to Everton, they offered, he left to'wins things' only for West Ham to finish abouve them for the next few years to come.
I dunno if that's true or not, i do know that he said he wouldn't leave until we were safe from relegation, which he honoured.
All this **** about loyalty makes me laugh, they aren't supporters like us, just footballers plying their trade for the best money.
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

Junco Partner wrote:Really don't get this Billic fetish a lot seem to have. An untrustworthy, unproven, inexperienced google eyed nut. Did you see Croatia in the Euro's ?, they really weren't that good.
I agree... the only reason they beat us is that we were really very poor. Croatia are overrated...
Boris73

Post by Boris73 »

Junco Partner wrote:Zola....The man was one of the best players of his generation who played with verve, style and always with a sense of joy which you just don't see that much these days. !
Bryan

Robson
dinkster

Post by dinkster »

Mancini for me .
Last edited by dinkster on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dinkster

Post by dinkster »

Boris73 wrote: Bryan

Robson
hes not the anonymous one is he ?? :D
neilbob

Post by neilbob »

DeadJoshWalkin wrote:Cant believe 61 people wouldn't have ANY of the short listed managers.

Who the hell are you holding out for?
I'm just disgusted that we've treated one of our own so badly. Again.
irons.till.i.die

Post by irons.till.i.die »

I'd be amazed if we could get Mancini, would love to see PDC as a coach. But I'm absolutely delighted that Allardyce has been told where to go. as long as we play good football I'll back whoever it is :raver: :crest: :raver:
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 655 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

neilbob wrote: I'm just disgusted that we've treated one of our own so badly. Again.
Yup - we should remain managerless for the rest of the season. It's what we deserve.
HammerinHank

Post by HammerinHank »

That's one reason I think Donadoni merits consideration, he got dumped on big-time already, he's use to it, some of these others like Bilic should not face such ignominious treatment, who'll want it though they are compensated well? But Donadoni is like McClaren going to a foreign country though I'm sure the Italian could find work there.

Italy could have let him go but they should have waited until after that Euro; doing it during the tournament didn't appear to favourably.

But it might be too much bolt-the-door-defence for West Ham.