West Ham sold

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Coley
g33k h4mm3r

Re: DIC for West Ham? Contact them (Link included).

Post by Coley »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote:That's slightly pathetic, don't you think?

I'm sure their decision on whether or not to make a multi-million pound investment won't be affected by receiving a few emails that will serve no purpose beyond annoying their PR department.
Could not agree more. Come on lads pull it together this is getting embarrassing
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

Ironball wrote: I think being apathetic is pathetic.
Oh lord. Please tell me you're joking. :lol:
Charlie Dove
Total likes: 3 likes

Every 'Ammer to Read This !

Post by Charlie Dove »

http://westhaminvestment.blogspot.com

I think this is the first time I have actually posted on here & I have been driven to do so by Ironball's recent "blue sky thinking" - culminating in this website, (which I assume he has created).

He has really excelled himself here & to read it will lift your heart, remind you of our heritage & amongst all the crap that is going on, remind you why we have put up with so much for so long !

In such uncertain times, Ironball has taken a really strong leadership stance - rather than moan, whinge & whine like so many other posters. He has suggested a way forward to compete with the big boys, which I hadn't even considered. Then I read last Sunday's Times' article on the Abu Dhabi investment fund and saw what he meant by City "hitting the jackpot".

For those who are not up to speed with the "One Man to save Our Club" thread, Ironball suggests we either become "players" or "wither on the vine". Scary but who would have thought 10 (or even 5) yrs ago, that Football & "Our Club" would be in this position ?

I am third Generation West Ham & remember the "old days". Whilst they weren't as good as as made out to be now, apart from the Bond Scheme, we did feel a "one-ness" with "OUR CLUB". I now think we are looked down upon by our investor-owners as no more than contemptable "mug punters".

Many of you may prefer to opt out of the spiralling financial rat race we are stuck in - which for thingsis understandable .

Would you prefer new mega-owners or for things to get back to it being "OUR" cosy club again - even if that meant going down to one of the lower divisions ?

Ironball, whoever & whatever you are, that's a fantastic job you've done - you are a true 'Ammer. You either have a lot of spare time or undertake your research or employ a team to do it for you ! Congratulations My Brother
:raver: :raver: :raver:
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
horsey

Post by horsey »

Bring it on..Id have them in NOW..
the days of football for what it used to be has long gone.
its all about money money money.

plus they have to be better than what we got now.
two faced liars.....
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

Ironball wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Perhaps not too cool for school, but I'm definitely too cool to be sending desperate begging letters to people who will never read them and wouldn't give a **** if they did. I think there's a middle ground between that and apathy and I like to think that's where I and 99% of West Ham fans are.
discopiglet
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Re: Every 'Ammer to Read This !

Post by discopiglet »

I second that. It was a great read and i dont beleve we will get better chance to compete with the so called 'top 4' or 'big boys' great work Ironball and lets hope it makes a difference. COY :crest:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

here here :thup:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Re: A question of the DIC

Post by bubbles1966 »

It all depends entirely on the motives of the buyers.

Abramovitch has bought Chelsea as a toy - a vanity purchase - not as an "investment". Consequently there is little serious effort to manage expenditure. The Abu Dhabi consortium are talking the same language. this, like Eggy's tenure here, is what excites fans.

Football clubs simply do not make enough money to attract really serious "investment". Have a look at how much money oil and gas companies make. They are buying into football with their spare change.....

Those billionaires that look to run it as a real business - Ashley / Gudmunsson / Sugar - will never satisfy their fans...especially while others treat it like a toy.

£50 million buys Peter Crouch, Gareth Barry and Robbie Keane........ wouldn't turn us into Brazil, would it? The million pound a week player is how far away?

At the moment the emphasis seems entirely based on the Premiership but its inevitable that sooner or later they will look at world brands like Real Madrid, AC Milan or Bayern Munich rather than parochial domestic ones and the natural state of equilibrium will be re-established given time. Other countries will have to react to any English dominance of the market sooner or later.
Gator_Hammer
Location: It is not guilty that man who eat the pie but one that gives it.

Post by Gator_Hammer »

I skimmed it, but you lost me when Rob Schneider is the picture of West Ham celebrity support.
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Gnome »

WebmasterFF wrote: It's quite a shock to find out that Ghandi helped in the formation of our club!
Not really. Our defences have been employing the principle of "passive resistance" for as long as I can remember.
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

:lol:
WebmasterFF
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 152 likes

Post by WebmasterFF »

Gnome wrote: Not really. Our defences have been employing the principle of "passive resistance" for as long as I can remember.
:lol: Yeah good point!
devon_shire_class

Post by devon_shire_class »

That was brillant Ironball - hope you've sent it on to DIC !
ludo22
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by ludo22 »

The Bob wrote:I'm starting a "I WANT DIC" chant from the BML on Saturday - who's with me?
I prefer "I LOVE DIC!"
beckton

Post by beckton »

bubbles1966 wrote:It all depends entirely on the motives of the buyers.

Abramovitch has bought Chelsea as a toy - a vanity purchase - not as an "investment". Consequently there is little serious effort to manage expenditure. The Abu Dhabi consortium are talking the same language. this, like Eggy's tenure here, is what excites fans.

Football clubs simply do not make enough money to attract really serious "investment". Have a look at how much money oil and gas companies make. They are buying into football with their spare change.....

Those billionaires that look to run it as a real business - Ashley / Gudmunsson / Sugar - will never satisfy their fans...especially while others treat it like a toy.

£50 million buys Peter Crouch, Gareth Barry and Robbie Keane........ wouldn't turn us into Brazil, would it? The million pound a week player is how far away?

At the moment the emphasis seems entirely based on the Premiership but its inevitable that sooner or later they will look at world brands like Real Madrid, AC Milan or Bayern Munich rather than parochial domestic ones and the natural state of equilibrium will be re-established given time. Other countries will have to react to any English dominance of the market sooner or later.
I wouldn't make out to be an expert but I imagine it would be lots more difficult to buy those European brand type clubs because of the way they are set up.

English Premier League clubs are relatively easy to buy, a Real Madrid or a Barcelona would be near impossible.

I'd be sympathetic towards the Icelandics if I felt we were being run in a more professional way and we were not being repeatedly lied to.

It seems at the moment they are attempting to balance the books now, without any thought of the potential peril they may be putting there investment in.

What will the club be worth if we are relegated?
Charlie Dove
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Charlie Dove »

When D.I.C were originally in for Liverpool, I remember Brough Scott (who I believe used to train horses for them) saying on R.5 that Makhtoum only wanted the best & was not interested in what it cost. Scott thought that with Makhtoum using the world wide Liverpool brand to promote all things Dubai, they could overtake Utd & Madrid.

Well the hubcaps took the Yankee $$'s & look where that got them !

Now Dubai's main UAE competitors are in the game, they may be more motivated to take a stake again.

However, in one of today's papers, there was talk of them bidding £1bn for Utd to give the Glazers a profit & enable D.I.C to start from a better position than the Dhabi's.

As Ambani has reportedly pulled out of Barcodes due to the mess they're in, I doubt D.I.C would want them.

Despite the music hall joke we are to everyone else, we now have a manager who is rather more glamourous than Hang-Dog & this might raise our profile for the right reasons for a change - albeit temporarily.

With Ironball's new "For Sale" site expounding the virtues of our London-City (as opposed to our Citeh-city) & Olympics attractions, we should make ourselves as busy as possible - as quickly as possible.

Surely, if a group of "humble fans" were proactive enough to get out of their armchairs and post their club's u.s.p's to these investors, then that would shirley show the calibre of the prospective punter - & underpin the potential of the "West Ham brand" (sorry but that's what we are now folks) ! :evil:

Ironball, have you posted your link of to the D.I.C "Purchasing Dept." yet ?
(You might need to edit out the bit about Len Goulden though, if you know what I mean) :wink:
Better add The Quatari's & Bin Laden's mob to that too.
( Thought........could Claret & Blue be lucky or a simbol of virility to any rich country/culture?..........Sorry, getting desperate now !) :oops:
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

I emailed the link to http://westhaminvestment.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to info@dubaiic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So what if they delete it. Took just two seconds to send.

One of the posters on here knows Anil Ambani's son.

The thing is, this stuff genuinely isn't hype. West Ham really is the most potentially worthwhile investment in the Premier League. You just need to cut through the media's lazy cliches and join a few dots regarding catchment, stadium, location etc.

If anyone wants to email the link to anyone or use any part of it in an article, feel free.
Trap1
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by Trap1 »

Ironball wrote:I emailed the link to http://westhaminvestment.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to info@dubaiic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So what if they delete it. Took just two seconds to send.

One of the posters on here knows Anil Ambani's son.

The thing is, this stuff genuinely isn't hype. West Ham really is the most potentially worthwhile investment in the Premier League. You just need to cut through the media's lazy cliches and join a few dots regarding catchment, stadium, location etc.

If anyone wants to email the link to anyone or use any part of it in an article, feel free.
Already done. :thup:
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

Do you really think spamming a company email address is the best way to go?