West Ham sold

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Trap1
Total likes: 23 likes

West Ham sold

Post by Trap1 »

Long gone are the days when a succesful local businessman could buy his local club in the top flight English Premier League. The fact is that most PL clubs are at least £100 million to buy and that doesn't include the millions of investment that need to follow in terms of transfers, wages and infrastructure in order to compete in the worlds richest football league.

Would you welcome talks between DIC and our current owners?

Your views are very welcome on this subject!!
Last edited by Trap1 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:51 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Jackanakanory
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Re: A question of the DIC

Post by Jackanakanory »

I would but some guy on 5live just said he works for them and although they are very very wealthy they are not in the habit of throwing money at projects.

He also said they are not interested in Liverpool anymore.

I can't see anything happening right now. I bet they end up at Newcastle.
HammermanDan
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by HammermanDan »

For sure!

Football isn't the same anymore, and I for one have found myself falling out of love with it....but the way the premier league is changing, in terms of investment, who wouldn't welcome it?? We need to be owned my a billionaire just to compete for 6th place at the moment. I would love to see a takeover personally.
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

http://westhaminvestment.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cockney boy

Post by cockney boy »

To be honest Trap, I think our fans like most others wouldn't care if Donald Duck bought the club as long as the £millions was provided that would get us winning some trophies. They don't give a monkey's f**k where the money comes from they just want to watch our team doing the business on the pitch.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

I don't know. My first reaction is yes, definitely. Because I want BG, Duxbury, Kia and (if some of this weeks reports are true) Nani out of the club forever by whatever means possible.

But as things stand, West Ham United is still kind of salvageable. Maybe it's not really, but it feels like it is. I still feel like we can go back to a time where it feels like our club. And DIC would put an end to that overnight for me. We'd become another franchise. We're basically there already, and there with no money, so it would be a big step up from where we are now, but I'd only want it if there were no West Ham fans (or even football men) around who could buy the club and take us forward.

Problem is, I don't think there are. Or will be again until the Arab investors coming into the game set up their own league back home and gut the premier league of its superstars, taking us back somewhere close to before Sky existed. In the meantime, we may as well have a bit of fun and play some European football while that still means something. I suppose.
Last edited by Scaloni Is The Messiah on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Football has changed and it's impossible to achieve anything without the proper backing. I remember that a lot of people were very happy for the Icelanders to take over, this should be no different. We had no guarentees whatsoever that they will stay true to our history and tradition of promoting young local talent etc, so if this DIC company were to take over we can only hope that they don't turn us into a team of Johnny Foreigner's.
Trap1

Post by Trap1 »

Ironball wrote:http://westhaminvestment.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Excellent site that Ironball. :crest:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 144 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Ironball wrote:http://westhaminvestment.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
great site
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Very interesting site.
Jarvo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Jarvo »

Fantastic read :thup:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1887 likes
Total likes: 1599 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I have been mentioning the "catchment" area for ages and how our club has been continually undersold.

Does anyone take notice ?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Someone gets a blog and their the dog's.

Headbanger

(It's still raining lads, the thunderstorm shook me out of my bed and I have had a distinct lack of sleep and a miserable week end. Haven't seen a single soul since work on Wednesday and we're told to stay HOME again today. Besides there is either petrol with no power, or power with no petrol. No food shops open and more to the point NO BOOZE AVAILABLE !! Oh and no signal from the mobile so i can't even call anyone !!).

Headbanger

:lol:
WebmasterFF
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 152 likes

Post by WebmasterFF »

It's quite a shock to find out that Ghandi helped in the formation of our club!
Ironball

http://westhaminvestment.blogspot.com

Post by Ironball »

np
Last edited by Ironball on Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trap1

Post by Trap1 »

Here's your contact address:

http://www.dubaiic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

go to the contact us part and start selling them the idea, remind them we are all on 60 k a year and the scousers don't work. :wink:

Seriously though, give it a go and show we're willing!!!
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Re: DIC for West Ham? Contact them (Link included).

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

That's slightly pathetic, don't you think?

I'm sure their decision on whether or not to make a multi-million pound investment won't be affected by receiving a few emails that will serve no purpose beyond annoying their PR department.
mokum hammer

Post by mokum hammer »

1st XL on the shirts & now dic?
Bring on Jiffy condoms.....................
Trap1

Post by Trap1 »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote:That's slightly pathetic, don't you think?

I'm sure their decision on whether or not to make a multi-million pound investment won't be affected by receiving a few emails that will serve no purpose beyond annoying their PR department.
Well don't worry about it then old chap. :wink:
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote:That's slightly pathetic, don't you think?

I think being apathetic is pathetic.
The Bob

Post by The Bob »

I'm starting a "I WANT DIC" chant from the BML on Saturday - who's with me?