West Ham sold

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 673 likes
Total likes: 1286 likes

Re: new investors?

Post by davids cross »

It's no surprise Sullivan has gone out there at this time. With his links to horse racing the Dubai world cup will have bought everyone to the area. Though it finished at the weekend it's still no doubt a good place to meet the right people who have gathered. The horse racing industry in Dubai I believe has ridden out the financial problems of the area better than most from what I've read.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Re: West Ham (half) sold

Post by sicknote »

financially Dubai is on its arse at the moment, Abu Daby(however you spell it) bailed them out recently, so i think it would be unlikely to gain investment from there at present
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1887 likes
Total likes: 1599 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

sicknote wrote:financially Dubai is on its arse at the moment, Abu Daby(however you spell it) bailed them out recently, so i think it would be unlikely to gain investment from there at present
On Wednesday, when Dubai announced that it was asking banks to allow the state-owned Dubai World to suspend loan repayments on much of its $59 billion of debt for six months, it sent shivers down the world's spine. Markets crashed everywhere, including in India, on fears that there may be worse to come.
The markets are not sure if Dubai is going to allow its former crown jewel to go bankrupt. Worse, does this tell us something about the Dubai government's own financial state?
The short answer: Dubai is not going bankrupt anytime soon. In fact, the reverse may well be true because it has just begun the process of cleaning up its debt-heavy financial system, say analysts.
It is unlikely to go under because its deep-pocketed brother emirate Abu Dhabi, which has a sovereign wealth fund alone of $800 billion, has already bailed it out last week.

Sicknote:

I think this is who they had lunch with, over by the Emirates ~ they never in fact left London:

http://www.goalvideoz.com/images/player ... uDiaby.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol:
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

thats the fella

and i thought arsenal had a rigid pay structure :wink:
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1035 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

A new middle east crisis erupted last night as Dubai Television was refused permission to broadcast 'The Flintstones'.
A spokesman for the channel said....
'A claim was made that people in Dubai would not understand the humour, but we have heard that people in - Abu Dhabi Do.'
Cookedskunk

Post by Cookedskunk »

Georgee Paris wrote:A new middle east crisis erupted last night as Dubai Television was refused permission to broadcast 'The Flintstones'.
A spokesman for the channel said....
'A claim was made that people in Dubai would not understand the humour, but we have heard that people in - Abu Dhabi Do.'
Mrs Skunk loved that :lol:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2905 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

the pink palermo wrote: The problem for G& S, given their insistence on retaining control , the other investors, Arab or otherwise are paying a lot of money for something that won't generate a profit to produce a dividend , without he buzz of saying "I own that" ( which may justify a vanity investment) .

Seriously , whats in it for them ?
BrownFatwa wrote: Naming rights over the Olympic Stadium no less and sponsership deals too.
In short association with potentially the most prestigious stadium in the world's greatest capital city.
You know it makes sense.....
Good point BF - wasn't thinking that far ahead .

And for those pronoucing the demise of Dubai , it may be worth pointing out they have just started building Europes largest Container port down the estuary , just past Tilbury , which will take them the best part of 5 years and create 12,000 new jobs .Thats a several billion £ project so they ain't that skint .
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

As I pointed out TPP:

"because its deep-pocketed brother emirate Abu Dhabi, which has a sovereign wealth fund alone of $800 billion" ~ so you're not far off track...

:thup:
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 818 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Not that I want to turn this into a discussion about the UAE but....

I was in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi and trust me the former is in problems. Ex-pats are being made redundent, most of them are cutting their losses, rents have crashed, construction has slowed massively, projects such as the second palm and the world have been suspended. Jebel Ali port in Dubai (the larget man made harbour in the world) had one container ship berthed when I was there - 2 years ago they were queuing up. The vast shopping malls are empty.

I could write an essay on this but can't be bothered.

Potentially Qatar could be an option, but Abu Dhabi is well and truely tied into Man City - shirts, shops, car stickers the works.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by Billydinho »

davids cross wrote:It's no surprise Sullivan has gone out there at this time. With his links to horse racing the Dubai world cup will have bought everyone to the area. Though it finished at the weekend it's still no doubt a good place to meet the right people who have gathered. The horse racing industry in Dubai I believe has ridden out the financial problems of the area better than most from what I've read.
It certainly has...that was shown by the masterclass that was the Dubai festival. It was a fantastic event...
Bml04

Post by Bml04 »

has anybody on here heard that GaS have increased their stake to 60% :crest:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2905 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Bml04 wrote:has anybody on here heard that GaS have increased their stake to 60% :crest:
Yes they have taken a further 5% each , reported in yesterdays standard . The total debt now stands at £90m.
BSB1

Post by BSB1 »

RichieRiv wrote:Not that I want to turn this into a discussion about the UAE but....

I was in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi and trust me the former is in problems. Ex-pats are being made redundent, most of them are cutting their losses, rents have crashed, construction has slowed massively, projects such as the second palm and the world have been suspended. Jebel Ali port in Dubai (the larget man made harbour in the world) had one container ship berthed when I was there - 2 years ago they were queuing up. The vast shopping malls are empty.

I could write an essay on this but can't be bothered.

Potentially Qatar could be an option, but Abu Dhabi is well and truely tied into Man City - shirts, shops, car stickers the works.
All sounds like an investment oppotunity to me :wink:
Bishy

Post by Bishy »

Where's Trap? He needs to change the title to 60% Sold.

Do you think they have an investor or two lined up now our PL status is all but confirmed?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Bish

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jigga
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Jigga »

My guess is if we get further investment in the next couple of months then the following is possibility:

Manager - Mark Hughes
Players In - Joe Cole, SWP and Ireland (if press speculation is to be believed).

If no further investment.

Manager - Steve McClaren
Players In - Dorrans, Fletchers, Hunts of this world, mainly british players with a hunger to succeed at the top level.

I usually talk a load of b*llocks so expect none of the above to happen :lol: However I do expect investment to come in as we are by far a better proposition than other prem clubs due to the olympic scenario, land etc...
Bishy

Post by Bishy »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Bish

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What can I say...?
I miss this thread :oops:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

^^^^^

and some people get off to root canals so I'm told !!

garage
Has liked: 1 like

Post by garage »

So now we have survived the relegation battle another trip for sullivan and brady to Dubai :think:
Iron Spine v2.0
Location: You don't wanna go and eat a snack like that! You'll end up with your teeth all grey,

Post by Iron Spine v2.0 »

Bish. Shut The F*ck Up!