The Board (a poll)

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Do you believe West Ham United's current owners/board can deliver success in the long term?

Yes
8%
No
78%
Unsure
14%

Total votes: 377

Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Re: The Board (a poll)

Post by Albie Beck »

They have lied to us, and not necessarily over commercially sensitive issues either, which I could perhaps have forgiven or at least understood. So no.
best tever

Post by best tever »

Hang on , is this the year we are meant to make the champions league spot .COYI :wink:
Rowly
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Rowly »

carnage wrote:The one problem with this poll is how do you define success?
Top 6 regularly
Champions League
A couple of Cups
Top 10 in the League regularly
Staying in the Premiership for 8 years in a row

?
For me top 10 would be a success for us, along with just ONE Cup.

The poll is destined to end in the negative regarding the board due to the majority of people on this sites expectations.
For me at the mo, just having a :crest: to still support in 12months time will constitute success!
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

A resounding No and i don't think even given the current economic climate that they ever would have invested a major wad in West Ham.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

i voted no, sooner they piss of the better
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

Hahahaha.

No.
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

Iron Constitution wrote:Come on, who voted yes?
The man from

Did. :lol:

We are like a rabbit in the headlights with this mob in charge!
durham city hammer

Post by durham city hammer »

No for me, even before his bank went bust i was still expecting players to be sold and like during the summer
when they cant shift the deadwood they will sell the better players. What worries me is the fact they seem to think
we have a strong enough squad to cope with this when we clearly have not, dont like where were heading with this board!
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

bubbles1966 wrote:I'd be perfectly happy with competence and stability and a sense that the people in charge know what they are doing.

I have no problem with us finishing between 8th and 12th regularly, but would like the occasional tilt at qualifying for the UEFA Cup and a decent cup run.

Is that too much to ask from a club that has one of the 20 highest incomes in the world?
spot on as ever bubbles.

even if this poll was titled as 'are the current board capable of delivering competence and any progress in the short term' I would have voted 'no' just as quickly. a lesson in incompetence in the two years so far and despite hating brown before I've discovered new levels of dislike following his most heinous crime of selling out to this load of clowns.

it saddens, disappoints and even angers me that a single person has voted 'yes' and can see no rational objective logic for it at all.

someone on this thread even wrote they voted yes because the current board have 'improved the infra-structure as it said on the o/s'...for pity's sake....

thanks for setting up a poll UTJ
hammer1975

Post by hammer1975 »

by the way did anyone catch the fact that in mike lees interview he admitted the club were trying to raise cash in the summer and linda made it an easier decision because of his wife's homesickness? kind of contradicts duxbury saying they didn't need to sell or raise cash but the anton and linda situations were too late to get significant replacements....incompetence that two highly placed spokespeopple for west ham can't keep their story consistent or do they make so little attempt because they consistently lie to and treat fans with contempt? much better infra-structure there... Headbanger
MintChocChip

Post by MintChocChip »

I've voted 'Yes' because I think the board CAN deliver success in the long term - if they actually want to. I think that BG and his son have plenty of dosh to buy players and improve things. Yes, he's taken a financial blow recently but he still has cash to invest if he chooses to. Clearly BG is nowhere near as rich as Man City's owners but I don't think that means WHU as owned by BG are automatically doomed. With steady investment in the right places I believe WHU can become a top 6 team.

However, whether the board WILL deliver success in the long term is very difficult to predict. There's certainly been a cooling off of enthusiasm, spending and publicity from our board since Eggert left. Whether BG is in it for the long term and is simply getting the right manager in place, selling dead wood players and solidifying the overall situation before investing in a more careful manner next summer is debatable. Perhaps he himself is still deciding how much longer he wishes to stick with WHU.

The aftermath of the crazy spending and media frenzy of Eggert is certainly rather drab and the lack of any real investment this summer has raised a lot of doubt in my mind. I haven't yet written BG off, but he needs to convince the fans over the next year that he really is committed to investing in WHU for the long term.

:crest:
hammer1975

Post by hammer1975 »

MintChocChip wrote:I've voted 'Yes' because I think the board CAN deliver success in the long term - if they actually want to. I think that BG and his son have plenty of dosh to buy players and improve things. Yes, he's taken a financial blow recently but he still has cash to invest if he chooses to. Clearly BG is nowhere near as rich as Man City's owners but I don't think that means WHU as owned by BG are automatically doomed. With steady investment in the right places I believe WHU can become a top 6 team.

However, whether the board WILL deliver success in the long term is very difficult to predict. There's certainly been a cooling off of enthusiasm, spending and publicity from our board since Eggert left. Whether BG is in it for the long term and is simply getting the right manager in place, selling dead wood players and solidifying the overall situation before investing in a more careful manner next summer is debatable. Perhaps he himself is still deciding how much longer he wishes to stick with WHU.

The aftermath of the crazy spending and media frenzy of Eggert is certainly rather drab and the lack of any real investment this summer has raised a lot of doubt in my mind. I haven't yet written BG off, but he needs to convince the fans over the next year that he really is committed to investing in WHU for the long term.

:crest:
eggerts spending was outrageous and of course it's all his fault...eggy hid all of his dealings from the current board (including bg) how? why? if they were unaware and not involved can I ask why they all drew a salary? one thing i will give bg is that he has shown a deft hand at making the fans blame scapegoats....brown over tevez - course nothing to do with the current board failing to comply with premier league request for documentation for 4 months ater they took over (i will say again to all please read the £5.5m fine details as a large chunk was due to current board withholding documentation NOT brown), eggy over the wages disaster and curbs over the alienation of fans last season and injuries....personally i hold bg responsible and in the great words of cockney hammer it's 'time for him to piss off'.

bg out
durham city hammer

Post by durham city hammer »

Saw the mike lee interview, just proves that you cant believe a single word these
c*nts tell you, apart from them saying the club is not for sale that i do believe.
BGs going to bleed us dry imo!
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

ive got more chance waking up as the filling between angelina jolie and jennifer aniston, than this lot returning success to this club

short long or any ****ing term
hammer1975

Post by hammer1975 »

chigwells finest wrote:ive got more chance waking up as the filling between angelina jolie and jennifer aniston, than this lot returning success to this club

short long or any f***ing term
:clap:
Ticket 2 Ryde

Post by Ticket 2 Ryde »

A big Nooooooo from me :thdn:
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

To be fair the poll is meaningless, for a start my description of success could be wildly different from yours.

I voted therefore Don't Know
Northern Paulo
Punster extraordinaire

Post by Northern Paulo »

Unsure.

I think the right intentions are there but the way they are going about it is bobbins.
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

I really don't believe a word from anyone connected with the ownership . . . All we get is endless PR and corporate spin. So success -- however you define it -- is, for lots of reasons, beyond our grasp.

Sorry to be such a killjoy, but I really believe that for the most part, what we'll get in the future is more plastic castles and endless, nauseating spin on "The Academy of Football."

One 'success' I'd like to see is having a first team who can trap, pass and shoot with both feet. I'm not holding my breath.
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Los Martillos »

A staggering 80 per cent of kumbers don't have faith in the current board.....that's a lot