Transfer Window: Summer 2009

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

QuintonNimoy

Re: Summer Transfer Rumour Thread '09

Post by QuintonNimoy »

SBB wrote:If I have seen the phrase "who replaced Bellamy" once..................................
My understanding is that it's usually a reference to something our CEO said.
SBB

Post by SBB »

QuintonNimoy wrote: My understanding is that it's usually a reference to something our CEO said.
My understanding is that you give these people too much credit. I dont think you'll find a quote about a direct Bellamy replacement, either using his money or not. Only about needing a striker
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

As stated by SD himself:

So with the money that we got for Bellamy we decided to react quickly and get Savio whilst Zola was still looking for strikers to add to replace Bellamy, but none of the deals could happen so...

That Ok with you?
mickfbrown

Post by mickfbrown »

bristolhammerfc wrote: So all in all pretty good business :wink:
Why waste your time and my time as I have read it with posting such drivel !?
SBB

Post by SBB »

bristolhammerfc wrote:As stated by SD himself:

So with the money that we got for Bellamy we decided to react quickly and get Savio whilst Zola was still looking for strikers to add to replace Bellamy, but none of the deals could happen so...

That Ok with you?

Oh.............so now you believe what he says.......................... DO you not see the irony in what you have just posted?
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

SBB

You calling our Scott a liar?
SBB

Post by SBB »

No, just referring bbristol to the apparrent general consensus that has been posted on half a dozen threads 100's of times that he cannot be trusted, is ****, the master of spin etc etc.

Apparrently until it suits to quote him..........................
snube

Post by snube »

but in that duxbury qoute he doesnt say savio was a direct replacement, he just says they signed him, then tried to sign a striker and failed.

also to bristol hammer summarising our transfer activities, pretty much everything uve said is rubbish, and by pretty much i mean everything, do u even like west ham?
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

SBB wrote:No, just referring bbristol to the apparrent general consensus that has been posted on half a dozen threads 100's of times that he cannot be trusted, is c***, the master of spin etc etc.

So you think he's not a liar then?

And Bristol is wrong to pick him up when he says things that dont come to fruition - even two windows later?
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

SBB wrote:No, just referring bbristol to the apparrent general consensus that has been posted on half a dozen threads 100's of times that he cannot be trusted, is c***, the master of spin etc etc.

You did ask for the quote though...
SBB

Post by SBB »

Chuck D wrote: So you think he's not a liar then?

And Bristol is wrong to pick him up when he says things that dont come to fruition - even two windows later?
What I think of Duxbury is irrelevant, Im simply pointing out the fundamental flaw of a poster who qoutes Scott to prove a point whilst actively endorsing the fact that you cant trust a word he says to make another?
It goes on all the time on here.

What I think is niether here nor there
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 225 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

snube wrote:also to bristol hammer summarising our transfer activities, pretty much everything uve said is rubbish,
With you on that one. Had to read Bristols post a few times myself to see if it was sarcasm or not, still not sure. :oops:
mickfbrown

Post by mickfbrown »

Sloop John B wrote:
With you on that one. Had to read Bristols post a few times myself to see if it was sarcasm or not, still not sure. :oops:
bristol, chuck and trap are definately in the glass half empty club.......
gegsy
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by gegsy »

they're in the glass will never be full again and then we're all going to die, lonely and unloved and with nothing to mark our passing club.
hamagram
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hamagram »

SBB

"We Have 6 strikers in our squad.

Cole, Ashton, Hines, Nouble, Diamanti and Sears

Granted there is inexperience and unavailability here ,thats why we have to shape our team, offload and replace according to squad size budget, fitness and form
Alternatively we could just go back to the one in, one out mentality of most of our beloved posters on here!!"

"6" strikers
Cole, Ashton, might as well be Stephen Hawkins, Hines, prem goals 0, Nouble, prem goals 0, Diamanti, Attacking midfielder, prem goals 0, serie A, 8 goals in 3 years, Sears, prem goals 1 on loan at palace.

I find your argument flawed.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

mickfbrown wrote: bristol, chuck and trap are definately in the glass half empty club.......
gegsy wrote:they're in the glass will never be full again and then we're all going to die, lonely and unloved and with nothing to mark our passing club.
Or maybe they're in the 'not so naive, history constantly repeats itself, realistic' club...
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 225 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

hamagram wrote:I find your argument flawed.
Not sure why people are getting so het up about numbers, in terms of formation it doesn't look too bare (i'm notsaying it's great btw)

If we play a 4-3-3...and Cole is in the centre of the 3..the other two are from Diamonte, Jimenez, Stanislas, and Dyer. If we play 4-4-2..one of the strikers will probably be withdrawn and selected from Jimenez, Dyer and Diamonte. That's not including Hines and Nouble. Obv if Cole gets injured were ****ed!!
Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rasp »

Sorry to change the subject but where is "Manager On Monday" on the main website this week....
SBB

Post by SBB »

hamagram wrote:
"6" strikers
Cole, Ashton, might as well be Stephen Hawkins, Hines, prem goals 0, Nouble, prem goals 0, Diamanti, Attacking midfielder, prem goals 0, serie A, 8 goals in 3 years, Sears, prem goals 1 on loan at palace.

I find your argument flawed.
What agument would that be hamagram? I think if you re- read you'll see that I agree with you. Just quoted squad facts - See official website regarding strikers.
You dont need to tell us all who's available and who is not - we know. You dont need to tell us who is any good or not - we know. Just plain and simple squad facts. Again - see O/S
mickfbrown

Post by mickfbrown »

Fionn Kiely wrote:
Or maybe they're in the 'not so naive, history constantly repeats itself, realistic' club...
Eh !?

I am not naive, I dont believe a word Mr Duxbury of the club tell me. Doesn't mean I have to turn most football threads into "where is the bellamy money"......It becomes very boring.