Transfer Window: Summer 2009

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

SBB

Re: Summer Transfer Rumour Thread '09

Post by SBB »

mickfbrown wrote:
Eh !?

I am not naive, I dont believe a word Mr Duxbury of the club tell me. Doesn't mean I have to turn most football threads into "where is the bellamy money"......It becomes very boring.
Exactly my original point before getting picked up by bristol. The phrase where is the bellamy money illustrates nothing more than short sighted ignorance
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

Rasp wrote:Sorry to change the subject but where is "Manager On Monday" on the main website this week....
Most of that comes from the post-match press conference. Doubt there'll be one when we have no weekend match.
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

SBB wrote:No, just referring bbristol to the apparrent general consensus that has been posted on half a dozen threads 100's of times that he cannot be trusted, is c***, the master of spin etc etc.

Apparrently until it suits to quote him..........................
Unless he's indicating he also thinks the Bellamy replacement comment is usually in relation to something our CEO said. Or at least that he is anyway.
Last edited by QuintonNimoy on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rasp »

Most of that comes from the post-match press conference. Doubt there'll be one when we have no weekend match
Sorry I asked now, Just curious of Zola's thoughts on the past week...
gegsy
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by gegsy »

Fionn Kiely wrote: Or maybe they're in the 'not so naive, history constantly repeats itself, realistic' club...
I think I prefer mine. It has more of a ring to it.
SBB

Post by SBB »

QuintonNimoy wrote: Unless he's indicating he also thinks the Bellamy replacement comment is usually in relation to something our CEO said.

Yawn...I desperately wish I hadnt started this.
Sorry everyone, clearly the duxbury/bellamy boys are out in force. I'll stop posting for a while for everyone elses benefit and maybe you can get the thread back on track.
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

SBB wrote:Yawn...I desperately wish I hadnt started this.
Sorry everyone, clearly the duxbury/bellamy boys are out in force. I'll stop posting for a while for everyone elses benefit and maybe you can get the thread back on track.
The topic of striker purchases, the indications given by the board about who might be purchased, and what people think of the eventual result probably is on topic in the summer transfer window thread.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Mick, I post what i like because I am a member of this forum, I don't need your permission or approval.

SBB you asked where it said so I posted it.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

snube wrote:but in that duxbury qoute he doesnt say savio was a direct replacement, he just says they signed him, then tried to sign a striker and failed.

also to bristol hammer summarising our transfer activities, pretty much everything uve said is rubbish, and by pretty much i mean everything, do u even like west ham?

Which part didn't happen..................oh sorry better translate:

M8 wch bt didnt we do lol rofl :asleep:
Voronin

Post by Voronin »

SBB wrote: We Have 6 strikers in our squad.

Cole, Ashton, Hines, Nouble, Diamanti and Sears
Zola himself said that Nouble and Hines are n´t ready for PL football, yet many on here seem to want them to play as backup for Cole. If the coach says that they are not ready on a ressconeference, what makes you think they are?

Besides, Ashton injured probably for the entire season, Sears on a season long loan and Diamanti 26 years and very unproven on top level, I like what I seen from him, but it would be very naive to expect an iimidiate impact in Premier League.

Which leaves us with........Carlton Cole. That´s one....

Can´t wait to see Dixon though
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

i bring up the question that so many people on here hate....
Why didn't WE get Marlon Harewood back on loan?
Going to Newcastle!? pisstake!!

15 goals for us in the premierleague THAT season.
under Zola he'dve done good im sure....always played with his heart here. can't be worse a gamble than anything we have already. :crest:
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

hornsey wrote:i bring up the question that so many people on here hate....
Why didn't WE get Marlon Harewood back on loan?
Going to Newcastle!? pisstake!!

15 goals for us in the premierleague THAT season.
under Zola he'dve done good im sure....always played with his heart here. can't be worse a gamble than anything we have already. :crest:
Marlene was crap as a centre forward. He cannot play with his back to the goal and cannot head the ball in a determined direction. The reason he did well for us is that he used to play wide right and run at defenders. Would you really drop any of our right-sided players in Marlene's favour ?
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

i agree about the back to goal thing.
but running on to knock downs and throwing himself about not a bad option to have on the bench.
at least we know he has goals in him at this level
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

mickfbrown wrote:
Eh !?

I am not naive, I dont believe a word Mr Duxbury of the club tell me. Doesn't mean I have to turn most football threads into "where is the bellamy money"......It becomes very boring.
Thats true now Micheal, but for months quite the opposite was true, and you were staunchly defending said person.

Perhaps in a few months you will be asking where Bellamy's replacement is?
mickfbrown

Post by mickfbrown »

Chuck D wrote:
Thats true now Micheal, but for months quite the opposite was true, and you were staunchly defending said person.

Perhaps in a few months you will be asking where Bellamy's replacement is?
We all know where the Bellamy money is thats the point, it with the bankers......
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

Of course we do Mick.

Which is exactly where certain people said it would end up, while others were sure that we would sign "his replacement" in this last window.

Which brings us nicely back to Diamanti......
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

It really is time to lock this thread and walk away.
Summer is over.
It is just bad karma to keep raking over this.
Cookedskunk

Post by Cookedskunk »

kthammer wrote:It really is time to lock this thread and walk away.
Summer is over.
It is just bad karma to keep raking over this.

You beat me to my more impolite post of -

"SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I'm glad you did because that would have been rude on a public forum where everyone's opinion is valid and worthy of posting.

Many thanks kth :thup:
Hammer_scout51

Post by Hammer_scout51 »

Its a very worn subject. If the club have to meet bankers demands surely we should accept this. We have bought in players and i am certain we will do a fair bit more buying and selling in the future. Eggy, god bless him over committed the club and it seems the likes of Quashie are happily collecting their 25k a week sitting at home. We can do nothing as he is under contract.
In 12 months time we should have seen the last of the dead wood of our books. Hopefully of course the club will be taken over, however our financial position should be more stable.

With our squad i believe Zola will play with a front 3 of Diamanti Cole and Jiminez. So if Cole stays fit we will be ok. I also understand Deano is doing as much training as he is ever likely to. So i can see him being involved soon, I HOPE.

I think we have a great little squad, thin on the ground maybe. As long as we are allowed to strengthen when players become available it will be ok.
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

Mark Viduka, PL experienced - out of contract - wouldn't cost the earth - a big unit to hold up the ball - would be good for a handful of goals...I know there's plenty of you gonna shout NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, but for crying out loud - who else is out there with PL experience and can hold his own in the PL and is currently available that we can realistically bring in - that's right NO-ONE else.apart from MV and perhaps Marlene.