Summer business [POLL]

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Your summary of our summer transfer business...

Poll ended at Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:58 am

Highly delighted
1%
Reasonably pleased
21%
Could be better, could be worse
39%
Slightly disappointed
24%
An absolute farce
15%

Total votes: 314

Trap1
Total likes: 23 likes

Re: Summer business [POLL]

Post by Trap1 »

Dapablo,

Yep its all about choice.

I choose to stick with my club but use a discussion forum to discuss my concerns, just like Bristol is doing.

I'm not walking away from something I love, neither i suspect will Bristol, Chuck D or anyone else who dares question the performance of our directors. I continue to back the team both in and out the stadium and rarely criticise them as my posting record shows.

As the poll shows more people are unhappy than happy, a sizeable number remain on the fence wishing to reserve judgement.

An important few months lie ahead.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Dapablo,

It isn't about choice when you support a football club (well pre sky generation anyway), if it was we would all be supporting Man Utd.

The point is a football club is an investment both financially and emotionally, and it relies on that investment to exist. Walking away isn't the answer, but lobbying to keep your investment producing a return is.

People that sit in restaurants tolerating crap meals without complaining, don't help the restaurant improve, nor are they doing the owners of the restaurant a favour, similarly the ones that walk away to another one. Then there are those that would sit there and say it was the best meal ever because they have always gone there, again not helping.

I see myself as being critical to improve the experience for myself and other diners, because I love the restaurant but have seen the standards slip. I may have a go at the owners, and the manager, but rarely would I have a go at the waiters or chef.

West Ham Utd has been my emotional and financial investment, and as such I am allowed to critiscise when I see that standards have slipped so far as to threaten its existence. People who accept and condone this destruction are just as guilty as those pulling it apart from the inside.
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

bristolhammerfc wrote: People that sit in restaurants tolerating crap meals without complaining, don't help the restaurant improve, nor are they doing the owners of the restaurant a favour, similarly the ones that walk away to another one. Then there are those that would sit there and say it was the best meal ever because they have always gone there, again not helping.

I see myself as being critical to improve the experience for myself and other diners, because I love the restaurant but have seen the standards slip. I may have a go at the owners, and the manager, but rarely would I have a go at the waiters or chef.
What if other people in the resteraunt like the meal the way it is being served though? As your (very valid) metaphor highlights, it is all about subjective opinion.

You feel that by being critical of the club that you are helping improve it, others feel that the club is ticking along just fine.
Trap1

Post by Trap1 »

JonG86 wrote:
What if other people in the resteraunt like the meal the way it is being served though? As your (very valid) metaphor highlights, it is all about subjective opinion.

You feel that by being critical of the club that you are helping improve it, others feel that the club is ticking along just fine.
Yep all 23%, and they are entitled to that opinion with respect to transfers.

So I take it you'll happy with a loss making football club?
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Trap, most Clubs in the Country make a loss.
mickfbrown

Post by mickfbrown »

bristolhammerfc wrote:
West Ham Utd has been my emotional and financial investment, and as such I am allowed to critiscise when I see that standards have slipped so far as to threaten its existence. People who accept and condone this destruction are just as guilty as those pulling it apart from the inside.
The problem is a few internet whingers are not going to change anything. It is a totally pointless internet excersise ala "operation ice crush".
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2438 likes
Total likes: 4295 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

beckton wrote:
Could be worse, could be better is a sign of resignation more than contentment.
Thanks for saving me the bother Becks.

Can't be bothered with a debate on the meaning of ambiguous, subjective statements where no one can really be right and with people trying to justify it one way or t'other to fit their usual glass half empty/half full pre-conceptions. Options 2,3 and 4 cover the same ground.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

We haven't yet had a good look at our incoming...bit soon to make a judgementy ,innit?
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Besides - wouldn't it be better to ask when we see how good our transfer dealings turn out?
Hammerhead9

Post by Hammerhead9 »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Besides - wouldn't it be better to ask when we see how good our transfer dealings turn out?
Good point. That 'craziness' in Diamanti's eyes has got to be worth watching as it unfolds. :thup:
Trap1

Post by Trap1 »

carnage wrote:Trap, most Clubs in the Country make a loss.
So we're not really a self sufficient business?

Mick,

I'm glad the operation is still in your thoughts.
mickfbrown

Post by mickfbrown »

Trap1 wrote:
Mick,

I'm glad the operation is still in your thoughts.
It always bings a smile to my face ! :lol:
Trap1

Post by Trap1 »

Glad your entertained Mick, I hope you're looking forward to the next performance. The stage is set...
mickfbrown

Post by mickfbrown »

Trap1 wrote:Glad your entertained Mick, I hope you're looking forward to the next performance. The stage is set...
Certainly am !

When will it be ? Wouldn't want to miss is.....
Trap1

Post by Trap1 »

Dates TBA, but within the next four months.

Its a story loosly based on the titantic but with a happy ending.
mickfbrown

Post by mickfbrown »

Trap1 wrote:Dates TBA, but within the next four months.

Its a story loosly based on the titantic but with a happy ending.
Whats different this time ? Nobody is willing to meet the asking price, and I cannot say I blame them.

I am willing to give £50 to the RSPCA or Bobby Moor Fund if you can name the "new" owner will be on the 31st January 2010.

How many guesses would you need !? :lol:
Trap1

Post by Trap1 »

Cast names are irrelevant at present, although i expect the auditions to start now.
mickfbrown

Post by mickfbrown »

Trap1 wrote:Cast names are irrelevant at present, although i expect the auditions to start now.
Looks like I get to keep my £50.

Basically you know nothing but are hoping something will happen, just like the rest of us......
Trap1

Post by Trap1 »

Pm for you.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Mick.

Not saying much else, apart from, for once, Trap is spot on.

Might want to protect your bullseye ;)