Our future manager is... Avram Grant

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

travisbickle

Re: Our future manager is... Avram Grant

Post by travisbickle »

sendô wrote:Four year deal? That'll cost the club when they inevitably sack him in 18 months time.
:thup:
miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

sendô wrote:Four year deal? That'll cost the club when they inevitably sack him in 18 months time.
How many managers have they sacked in their 16 odd years of running football clubs? :lol:
Wade

Post by Wade »

I think the four year deal suggests they have every faith in Avram Grant.
beckton

Post by beckton »

Now we don't have Duxbury sorting out contracts, G&S have get out clauses in Grant's contract if he is a failure and bonus's if he is a success.

If we believe what's in the media that is.
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

I'll say it again - a 4 year deal does not necessarily mean that there is a full term pay-off if he's sacked. There will be all sorts of clauses in there re termination, and it may be that he's entitled to 12 months money, or some other set term.
Wade

Post by Wade »

Duxbury would of given him a bonus for getting us relegated the fool.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

he is not doing enough in the transfer market fro my liking - GET GRANT OUT !
maidenhammer

Post by maidenhammer »

First off i'd like to welcome Avram to the West Ham United, good luck your gonna need it especially after reading some of the
posts on here.

I don't post often but i have been reading this site for years, I've supported West Ham United since my grandad ( god rest his soul )
took me to my first game back in 1970 when i was 5 yrs old and in the last 40 yrs as the poster's on here will know we've had
some great times and really low times. In all those yrs you can count on 1 hand the amount of times we finished in the top 6 of
the old first division and premier league so why do so many poster's on here have unrealistic expectations, i do sometimes
wonder that the only West Ham teams they watched were either the 1980/81 second division champions or the third placed team
in the old first division 1985/86 because those two teams played the best football i've seen in all my yrs of watching us infact
even Liverpool players of the 1985/86 season comment that we were the best team in the league that season and really should
have won it!!
My point is that i will be happy with 2 or 3 season's of mid table finishes and some good cup runs as long as we are improving
as a team and club each season.I think we should also give Gullivan a few yrs to get the club back on a financial level, I know
Sullivan is embarrasing at times but i do think he has the clubs best interest at heart and if they make a few quid good luck
to them.
Here's to some stability, mid table finishes and a few cup runs,
Take care fellow Hammers enjoy the World Cup and in the words of IRON MAIDEN - UP THE IRONS!!
stammer
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by stammer »

travisbickle wrote::thup:
Yes because gold and sullivan have a long history of hire 'em / fire 'em behaviour haven't they. Zola was not "their" chosen manager and leaving aside the manner in which they did it there were more reasons to get shot than keep him. The bloke's been here for less than 24 hrs we haven't kicked a ball in anger, sold a player or bought a player. Has he even sat in his office, yet the kumb visionaries have him sacked within 18 months. A beautiful sunny day, the world cup is about to start, cheer up.
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: The are 3 phases of the game and it is quite simple. When you have the ball. When your opponent has the ball. The moment it changes hands (whether you lose or gain possession). To be honest we were s***e in transition.
Pay attention folks, this is the most lucid Ouston has been in years.

He is correct too.

Capello makes a huge deal about "transition".
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Yep, it was clear that the players rarely if ever had an effective drill in those situations.
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

Chuck D wrote:Capello makes a huge deal about "transition".
does he really, that typical coaching stuff ?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Chuck

:shock:

'ouston "lucid?"

Boys it ain't rocket science. Transition is when anything goes from one thing to another. Attack to defence, and vice versa. Some teams are great at "counter attacking" another name for "transition." When you win it you get players forward, when you lose it you get players back. Last two seasons and even that last full season under Curbs if you remember rightly, most of us were saying how Cole was isolated and we were slow in getting players to support. Whereas when teams like Barca (and no I do not think in the immediate future we will be that good ~ well not realistically anyway) lose possession then put the opponent under pressure. Immediately. Win it back and then attack in numbers. Our version of counter attack is pass it back to Green and hoof it forward.

Chuck, I am going to have a celebratory bottle of champers after getting your commendation.

Cheers !!!!

Things are on the up and up here for 'ouston, soon to be cuenca again...

:raver:
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

Chuck D wrote:Capello makes a huge deal about "transition".
dapablo wrote:does he really, that typical coaching stuff ?
As is often the case, I am unsure as to whether you are agreeing, or expressing concern.

But yes, Capello is big on simple things, as is Jose M.

Funny old game, innit. Get the simple things right, and no one cares how much you paid for Shevchencko.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Ah good old transition .

You mean like players knowing their exact jobs at specific moments .

Like Wolves having an outball where they knew there would be acres of space when they thrashed us at the Boleyn ? Or the hugely underated Kevin Doyle running the left and right channel either side of our box , making him wasy to find by his own players all evening .

The Barnsley bruiser showed them how to do that .

He's underated as well . Never ever going to be in the Jose class , but gets the basics right .
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

Good luck. I think a four year deal is staggering but as the Chairmen wont honour it anyway be prepared to note everything down on paper for the future court case.

One more thing, cheer your ****ing face up or you'll make Curbs look like the laughing policeman.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

speculator wrote:Good luck. I think a four year deal is staggering but as the Chairmen wont honour it anyway be prepared to note everything down on paper for the future court case.

One more thing, cheer your f***ing face up or you'll make Curbs look like the laughing policeman.
We are all entitled to our opinions , care to expand on how you have come to this conclusion ?

Didn't Curbs publicly thank Sullivan for settling his claim so promptly once he and Gold came on board ?
devonshire flu
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by devonshire flu »

speculator wrote:
One more thing, cheer your f***ing face up or you'll make Curbs look like the laughing policeman.
Zola was a cheerful, happy, smiling character. Couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag though.

Clough, Shankley, Capello, Vogts, Graham, Revie, Trapattoni, Ramsey, Lippi, Stein, Sacchi, Happel. Great managers? Yes. Cheerful? f*** no.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

speculator wrote:Good luck. I think a four year deal is staggering but as the Chairmen wont honour it anyway be prepared to note everything down on paper for the future court case.

Just his look though...supposed to be a bit of a character actually. People can look miserable without actually being miserable...
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:People can look miserable without actually being miserable...
That's true. people always think I have the arse. Am quite cheerful really.